closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GW-5000 syncing problem

GW-5000 syncing problem

Does anyone know what it means when you have only dashes on the GET screen on a GW-5000? I have tried manually syncing on various window sills but it remains the same. Never used to have a problem. Thanks.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Master
    Is it 3 dashes? Think this means a successful automatic sync the night before

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Is it 3 dashes? Think this means a successful automatic sync the night before
    Yes, one dash before the colon and two dashes after. Oh right, I thought it was successful when it told you the time it had synced the previous night?

It's out of sync with my other G Shock which tells you what time it had last synced.

I think that means it hasn’t synced. Often they won’t manually during the day but will at night. Wear it to bed tonight and I bet it’ll synch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I think that means it hasn’t synced. Often they won’t manually during the day but will at night. Wear it to bed tonight and I bet it’ll synch!

Thought so. I thought you have to leave it by a window sill? It hasn't synced for ages. I'll give it a go wearing it to bed! Use the body as a transmitter...

I think it depends on location. In the uk I’ve found mine tends to synch nearly every night nowhere near a window - well, there’s a window in the room but I don’t put it on the sill. I do think the body acts as an antennae when you wear them tbh, lots of mentions on G shock fora of it working

If you ever need to ensure a good sync on a steel cased atomic G-Shock, all you need to do is help with a better antenna.

Simply pop the G-Shock over a coat hanger, a metal water bottle or anything metal and you'll be sure to get a signal.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

https://casiofanmag.com/manuals-2/3159-instruction/

Instructions are above. There is a reception trouble shooter which is fairly complicated and also it will go into power save mode if lo batt. In power save mode it does not sync.

I own a different model that did that, it showed full batt but refused to sync, soon it showed lo batt and wouldn’t ever fully charge. A replacement battery fixed it.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I think it depends on location. In the uk I’ve found mine tends to synch nearly every night nowhere near a window - well, there’s a window in the room but I don’t put it on the sill. I do think the body acts as an antennae when you wear them tbh, lots of mentions on G shock fora of it working

The weird thing is, it has been fine for years but now stopped syncing.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    If you ever need to ensure a good sync on a steel cased atomic G-Shock, all you need to do is help with a better antenna.

Simply pop the G-Shock over a coat hanger, a metal water bottle or anything metal and you'll be sure to get a signal.
    Thanks, worth a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    https://casiofanmag.com/manuals-2/3159-instruction/

Instructions are above. There is a reception trouble shooter which is fairly complicated and also it will go into power save mode if lo batt. In power save mode it does not sync.

I own a different model that did that, it showed full batt but refused to sync, soon it showed lo batt and wouldn’t ever fully charge. A replacement battery fixed it.

Good luck
    Thanks, I will check it out. Hm that sounds like a pain, and the reason I got a solar one to avoid thst problem. Do you have to get Casio to replace it?

Don’t suppose your home city has inadvertently changed? Often won’t sync if that is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Don’t suppose your home city has inadvertently changed? Often won’t sync if that is incorrect.
    Genius, I think it was on Tokyo perhaps from when I was last there ages ago. I changed it to London and did a manual sync and it worked, including DST. Thank you!
    Last edited by mindforge; 1st May 2022 at 08:10.

Excellent!