closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millionaires Club

Master
    I'm a millionaire...

I had a Millionaire's Shortbread earlier so I guess I'm doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I had a Millionaire's Shortbread earlier so I guess I'm doing ok.
    Ah, I don't like those, which is the only reason I've not become a millionaire.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Well I haven’t got a pot to piss in at this moment in time and being the wrong side of 50 (just) I don’t have that much time left to get myself comfortable in retirement. But saying that, when I’m 65, my son will still only be 23 so probably still living at home the property ladder being what it is, so I’ll in all likelihood be working past 65 anyway.
    It is what it is.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    I'm a millionaire...

I had a bunch of those and gave them to my niece and nephews. They thought it was for real not understanding exchange rates.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    What did Skyman do?
    From his manner I’d assumed inherited …

Further to my earlier post, I think my first dreams of Millionaire status were even earlier - 1967 to be exact when I encountered "millionaire Bruce Wayne" for the first time. A million in 1967 equates to nearly twenty million today. So that's the target now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Further to my earlier post, I think my first dreams of Millionaire status were even earlier - 1967 to be exact when I encountered "millionaire Bruce Wayne" for the first time. A million in 1967 equates to nearly twenty million today. So that's the target now!
    Didn't he inherit from his Father though, 'stately Wayne manor' etc and he moonlighted/ worked 2 jobs tbf.

Thought the target already get established in the thread to around 7 or 8 million in today's money...Personally think a couple of million, providing the main home is owned outright/ without any other debts should be plenty for a nice life...though you can't, shouldn't discount inflation. A lot depends how much 'stuff' and social preening/ conspicuous expenditure determines your happiness and the cost of living where your home/homes are.
    But then as someone posted earlier in this thread to a man in constant pain no amount of money can provide happiness, make it tolerable.
    Just for context/ perspective the average UK Life Time earnings are a shade under 600,000 gbp.
    Last edited by Passenger; 28th April 2022 at 12:09.

Been chasing money since I was 18. Tried every job, business etc going in the pursuit of making good money quickly. 38 and realised it’s not how much money you have but the quality of the time you have with your family etc that means more than anything in the world.
    When I bought my first Rolex I was over the moon, the sense of achievement was massive. Now I’m happier wearing a smart watch. For me your health is your wealth.
    Seen too many family members pass away young over the last few years which has changed my outlook on life.
    I could quite easily go and live somewhere warm and frugally as long as wife and kids were happy. Material possessions mean nothing to me now.

Master
    With so many things the "chase" to achieve something proves to be more fulfilling than the actual experience once you get it. Be happy with your own lot and don't worry about what others think. Richness comes in many different forms.

Would rather have a good wife and family than be a millionaire. The few rich people i know are A holes anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Didn't he inherit from his Father though, 'stately Wayne manor' etc and he moonlighted/ worked 2 jobs tbf.

Thought the target already get established in the thread to around 7 or 8 million in today's money...Personally think a couple of million, providing the main home is owned outright/ without any other debts should be plenty for a nice life...though you can't, shouldn't discount inflation. A lot depends how much 'stuff' and social preening/ conspicuous expenditure determines your happiness and the cost of living where your home/homes are.
    But then as someone posted earlier in this thread to a man in constant pain no amount of money can provide happiness, make it tolerable.
    Just for context/ perspective the average UK Life Time earnings are a shade under 600,000 gbp.

I don't think it was ever established whether he was self-made, but his devotion to public service and the mentorship of young Robin suggests not. I've now dispensed with the £8M I came up with earlier on recall of this fresh evidence. Bruce was a millionaire in 1967 which is £20M or so today. So that's a millionaire for me. I reckon you need double that to be truely wealthy today though.

Master
    Never chased the money, but was lucky to be integrated into the energy industry mid-80's. Defined Benefit pension schemes for anyone starting back then means multi-million£ pension pots today. Thousands of people. Didn't seem significant back then, but it does right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I don't think it was ever established whether he was self-made, but his devotion to public service and the mentorship of young Robin suggests not. I've now dispensed with the £8M I came up with earlier on recall of this fresh evidence. Bruce was a millionaire in 1967 which is £20M or so today. So that's a millionaire for me. I reckon you need double that to be truely wealthy today though.
    Ultra High Net worth category then, so a few thousand truly wealthy in the UK by that measure.