closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Google maps & iPhone quation……….

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Google maps & iPhone quation……….

For ref I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max with latest software.

If I open Google maps it loads and shows where I am, in this instance at home. When I start driving my location follows the map until my position leaves the map showing on screen and the map does not follow my location as it does if I have set a destination.

Is there a way to have the map follow my location as I move around without setting a destination as I want to use it for cycling in areas I don’t know and just want to be able to see where I am as go about my ride.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Have you tried the strava or komoot apps?

Strava is great for tracking and reviewing
    Komoot is great for setting up routes to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    For ref I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max with latest software.

If I open Google maps it loads and shows where I am, in this instance at home. When I start driving my location follows the map until my position leaves the map showing on screen and the map does not follow my location as it does if I have set a destination.

Is there a way to have the map follow my location as I move around without setting a destination as I want to use it for cycling in areas I don’t know and just want to be able to see where I am as go about my ride.
    Have you tried pressing and holding the arrow button until it brings up the compass? That should then follow where you are/point in your general direction. I’ve never tried this for an extended time though.

Edit: you just have to press the arrow button rather than holding it

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    Have you tried pressing and holding the arrow button until it brings up the compass? That should then follow where you are/point in your general direction. I’ve never tried this for an extended time though.

Edit: you just have to press the arrow button rather than holding it
    Thanks, looks like that will work. I will give it a go when I’m out next.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

I have to say, I’m a Waze convert, I had a nightmare drive in central Birmingham a couple of days ago, the whole town center is being dug up and the Sat Nav couldn’t cope at all, Waze got in done in seconds.
    Cheers..
    Jase