closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival - Rolex OP41

Master

New arrival - Rolex OP41

I picked this up a few days ago and I am very happy with. It’s taking a few days to get used to the size it wears - it’s broadly the same as my 14060m but the solid end links ‘project’ around the wrist more than the hollow links on the Submariner and feels as if it wears a touch bigger. The fit and finish is perfect.

Few quick and dirty pics:

Last edited by rico; 22nd April 2022 at 16:48.

Craftsman
    Very nice congratulations

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great watch. I do feel we will start to see these filter through

I am on waiting list for green, but my colleague, has the silver dial with gold markers and it looks fantastic
    Congratulations on a great pickup

Very nice. I'm 'waiting' for the blue dial. I really like the silver dial too but I think it would wear larger being a lighter colour dial. I'm tempted to look at a silver op36 as that could be the one. Anyway, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Very nice. I'm 'waiting' for the blue dial. I really like the silver dial too but I think it would wear larger being a lighter colour dial. I'm tempted to look at a silver op36 as that could be the one. Anyway, enjoy!
    Lovely watch but I found the one I had wore to big on my 7 1/4 wrist due to being all dial.

The OP36 for me personally wears better on my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Lovely watch but I found the one I had wore to big on my 7 1/4 wrist due to being all dial.

The OP36 for me personally wears better on my wrist.
    Understood. I haven't tried a current op36 on yet but I tried a dj36 on recently (black dial smooth on jubilee) and it felt tiny. Very odd experience because I've never considered the dj36 to be too small. I am wearing bigger watches now though so it could be relative. That said I tried the green dial op41 on a few weeks ago and it felt OK size wise. I think the OP line can get away with being a little bigger as they are sportier than the DJ line.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Great watch. I do feel we will start to see these filter through
    I was waiting over a year!

I like this. Something about the simpler Rolex watches has really grown on me. They just scream comfortable daily wear.

Nice-looking watch.

I like that at a casual glance it’s probably not immediately recognisable by most as a Rolex.

Much as I like the Professional / Sport lines, this type of watch has versatility and for me is classic, quintessential Rolex.

Master
    Thanks all. It hasn't left my wrist since I got it and i'm really enjoying the proportions and clean lines. An underrated reference in my opinion!

Grand Master
    Thats a cool, classic in anyones book, congratulations
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    I absolutely love that, congrats.

It’s like a dressed up Explorer 1. Stunning and the new 2021/22 spec AR is so much nicer on these.

I’m hoping for a silver 36 as a daily wearer but it’s been 9 months waiting and still no baby!!!

That’s a great NWA mate - congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a good looking model. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    I was waiting over a year!
    You are lucky. I put my name down for one in March 2020. 2 years on and I've totally given up...I suspect my spend wasn't enough to make me float to the top of the list and I doubt that I'm on the list any more!

You could have been enjoying a watch from a different brand every day for two years. Crazy isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    You are lucky. I put my name down for one in March 2020. 2 years on and I've totally given up...I suspect my spend wasn't enough to make me float to the top of the list and I doubt that I'm on the list any more!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    You could have been enjoying a watch from a different brand every day for two years. Crazy isn't it.
    Or he could actually want that watch and that’s it. Very simple really, if it’s the one it’s the one. I am waiting on a Patek, lots of other watches out there; but they are not what I am after. So I will bide my time and enjoy it when it arrives. We seem to have lost the ability to wait for things.

OP it’s a lovely reference and very elegant and stealth.

great watch love the double baton 6

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    A lovely piece - congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Or he could actually want that watch and that’s it. Very simple really, if it’s the one it’s the one. I am waiting on a Patek, lots of other watches out there; but they are not what I am after. So I will bide my time and enjoy it when it arrives. We seem to have lost the ability to wait for things.

OP it’s a lovely reference and very elegant and stealth.
    How long would you bother waiting? TaketheCannoli was responding to my comment about waiting for 2-years and having doubts that I’m even still on the list, having presumably been continually bumped down the list by preferential customers. With a wait of 2-years and counting, I’d argue I’m not demonstrating that I have lost the ability to wait for things!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    How long would you bother waiting? TaketheCannoli was responding to my comment about waiting for 2-years and having doubts that I’m even still on the list, having presumably been continually bumped down the list by preferential customers. With a wait of 2-years and counting, I’d argue I’m not demonstrating that I have lost the ability to wait for things!
    The comment about waiting is a general comment not aimed at yourself. I have been waiting approx 4 years for a particular Patek and I reckon I will be awaiting a few more years. But that’s fine and I am happy to continue to do so, I know I am knocked of the priority list for these because I turned one down as it was not the right time for me.

My daytona the first one I purchased was a PM one as it was easier to get and could get it straight away. I subsequently waited 7 years for a SS one; after that they started flowing a bit quicker.
    Last edited by shoppy; 26th April 2022 at 15:00.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    The comment about waiting is a general comment not aimed at yourself. I have been waiting approx 4 years for a particular Patek and I reckon I will be awaiting a few more years. But that’s fine and I am happy to continue to do so, I know I am knocked of the priority list for these because I turned one down as it was not the right time for me.

My daytona the first one I purchased was a PM one as it was easier to get and could get it straight away. I subsequently waited 7 years for a SS one; after that they started flowing a bit quicker.

Ah…I think I’d be happy to wait as long as it took, but I’m not one to continually pester dealers to find out where I am on a waiting list as it seems to be policy to never give you straight answers anyway. As I haven’t enquired, I doubt I’m even on the list any more…technically, I’ve probably got more chance acquiring one through the Rolex bubble bursting before the AD calls me!

Craftsman
    Great looking watch, exactly what i'm wanting for, please ring phone.......

Master
    Lovely watch, and worth the year long wait no doubt.

At the very beginning of lockdown I ummed and ahhed about the previous, 39mm version of this, which was for sale with Blowers at the time for £4,250.

You can imagine how much I'm regretting not buying that one!

Enjoy the watch.

Master
    Thanks again for the nice comments.

I said I was waiting over a year to buy one, not to get a call ;)

Journeyman
    Lovely timepiece, enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Looks great 👍
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Journeyman
    Such a classic piece. Simple elegance.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I like this. Something about the simpler Rolex watches has really grown on me. They just scream comfortable daily wear.
    Agreed. I've been wearing an Explorer for well over a month with no desire whatsoever to change it), and only took it off yesterday to give an Apple Watch a chance (just got the latter, and really like it).

great piece

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Very 'smart,' Rico!