closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anti car vandalism dash cam

Anti car vandalism dash cam

Hi all, had my car scratched a couple of times lately, suspect it is someone who lives down the road, but obviously have no proof.

I am thinking whether I could get a couple of dashcams and run them overnight off a large USB powerbank see if I can capture any further attempt. I dont want to spend a fortune but could I do something like this and make it work? I know a lot of dashcams continuously overwrite the footage and a lot of the budget models seem only to accept a 32gb card - would that be enough to record a 12 hour period?

Any input gratefully received!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertf View Post
    Hi all, had my car scratched a couple of times lately, suspect it is someone who lives down the road, but obviously have no proof.

I am thinking whether I could get a couple of dashcams and run them overnight off a large USB powerbank see if I can capture any further attempt. I dont want to spend a fortune but could I do something like this and make it work? I know a lot of dashcams continuously overwrite the footage and a lot of the budget models seem only to accept a 32gb card - would that be enough to record a 12 hour period?

Any input gratefully received!
    Can’t you go with a motion detection system? On my dashcam it only records when the car moves, or if it detects motion. Saves a huge recording file and lots of battery. Mine’s a Thinkware.

Alternatively if you car is in view of your house, can’t you just wire up some CCTV cameras on your house instead?

Master
    There may be options for continual recording (using a USB battery) - I don’t know…

But, I can very highly recommend this

Deal: WOLFBOX Dash Cam 4K Full HD Car Camera Front and Rear with 2.45 LCD Screen Dual Dashcam WDR Night Vision Loop Recording Parking Monitor G-Sensor Wi-Fi GPS 170° Wide Angle https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09FJRP8...DEBSE5VXJ80M1W

It takes up to 256gb (I’ve confirmed with Ivy, their ultra helpful customer service rep) though it says only to use up to 128gb and it has a parking mode where it takes a photo every 1 second and will start recording on movement (not motion detection). It also does the job of a dash cam extremely well.

So, although perhaps not the ‘cctv’ solution you are looking for; it might do the job and I really do rate it very very highly.

It has a magnetic mount so just ‘snaps on and off’ if you need to hide it. High quality. It just works.

Thanks for the input will follow up on those!

Dress in all black and hide in the back seat.

I bought a cheap $12.00 one of Ebay, but poorly translated instructions. It's supposed to have a parking detector if someone bangs into the car, but can't figure out how to set it up

DON