closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Workbenches / Setups

Journeyman

Workbenches / Setups

Hi all,

I am planning on building out a corner of my office to help satisfy my hobby, and for me to try my hand at learning some very basic watch repairing.

I’ve had a nose around other forums and found some old posts from a decade or so ago. But thought I’d ask you lovely people whether you’ve got your own watchmaking setup and whether you’d share some pictures for inspiration?

I can't profess to being anything other than a tinkerer, but when I sorted my home office out, I got a sit / stand desk. This has worked out to be really useful when you want to have something at eye level, as you just sit down and raise the desk up to eye level. With my desk, I have raised monitors, so I just remove the keyboard and I have an eye height workbench. Obviously it doesn't have the cut out the pros use, but it is good enough for what I need to do.

Very interested in seeing what other folks have got on the go...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by AshUK View Post
    I can't profess to being anything other than a tinkerer, but when I sorted my home office out, I got a sit / stand desk. This has worked out to be really useful when you want to have something at eye level, as you just sit down and raise the desk up to eye level. With my desk, I have raised monitors, so I just remove the keyboard and I have an eye height workbench. Obviously it doesn't have the cut out the pros use, but it is good enough for what I need to do.

Very interested in seeing what other folks have got on the go...
    It's very interesting that most seem to go for the eye-level approach. I spotted that someone else used a little laptop riser that can sit on a desk and raise up to standing level, in lieu of having the whole desk rise. I might have to look into that!

Craftsman
    I’ll be watching this thread with interest as I currently have a tiny space on my bedside table that is all I can currently find to use!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app