closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release Season 2022: Hopes and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Forlorn hope that Seiko drop the Prospex PS logo on the dial, and if they must use it, place it on the crown, though embossed not printed.
    Whilst the Prospex logo does not bother me as much as some, I think this would be a big improvement

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    As had been said a number of times already, a no date Mark XVI wwith original baton hands would be a winner.
    And a 40mm Ingy in the Genta style.

I'd take a Spitfire version if the above as well, I love the applied arabics.

A PO based on the new super deep but at 39.5mm would also go down well.

Basically a continued trend towards smaller releases (or multi size options) across the board is something I'm hoping for.
    Good shout on the Ingy - I’m surprised they haven’t released one already given the trend for integrated bracelets and Genta tinted glasses. I’d be all over it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Something coming from Omega later this month
    It’s a quartz Speedmaster, bioceramic case (⅓ plastic, ⅔ ceramic). Looks like they may be claiming it’s already been in Space, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    It’s a quartz Speedmaster, bioceramic case (â…“ plastic, â…” ceramic). Looks like they may be claiming it’s already been in Space, too.
    Thank you, you've cleared up the teasers. I'm assuming the pricing will be at the Omega, rather than the Swatch end of the scale.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
    Green Pelagos, its all i ask...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Thank you, you've cleared up the teasers. I'm assuming the pricing will be at the Omega, rather than the Swatch end of the scale.
    ^^ whilst not confirmed by Omega / Swatch, that’s what’s been pieced together across a few different forums based on pre-release photos & snippets of teaser vids.

As far as pricing goes, that will be interesting. There’s a quote from a GQ article about the collab that says:
    “Perhaps the most intriguing thing about this partnership for you to know is that it’s highly unlikely to leave you either unimpressed or empty-handed.”

To me, that’s either talking about availability - i.e. they’ll be non-limited - or affordability (or both).

There’s a LOT of hate online, specifically from Speedmaster groups, so will be interesting....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    It’s a quartz Speedmaster, bioceramic case (⅓ plastic, ⅔ ceramic). Looks like they may be claiming it’s already been in Space, too.
    This teaser on the Time + Tide Instagram shows what looks like multiple different coloured Speedmaster style watches. Yellow, green, pink, blue cases, etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    This teaser on the Time + Tide Instagram shows what looks like multiple different coloured Speedmaster style watches. Yellow, green, pink, blue cases, etc.
    Yep, looks like there’s different versions for each of the Solar System planets, plus Sun.

Edit: + Moon & Pluto - 9 in total.
    Last edited by gcleminson; 23rd March 2022 at 11:41.

$260 each for the Swatch/Speedie things apparently and there is also a full collector set available to buy also

Master
    $260 each for the Swatch/Speedie things apparently and there is also a full collector set available to buy also

That would explain the large box

'MoonSwatch'..

Doesn't surprise me. Kind of similar aims to the Breitling Endurance Pro...squarely aimed at capturing the youth market.

$260 for a Speedmaster? Huh? Did I hear that right?

Appreciate it's rumoured to be quartz/plastic, but sounds like a brand damaging move if they stick Omega logos on a chronograph at that price.

Here's one of the variations

Do tell me they are making a joke..

i like it youthful and fun. a good way to connect with a younger market. and its hardly impinging on the core speedmaster market.

Quote Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post
    i like it youthful and fun. a good way to connect with a younger market. and its hardly impinging on the core speedmaster market.
    Agree - I don't think this will impinge at all on the Speedmaster market and it is a way to get the younger generation interested and primed for when they can afford the full product.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Agree - I don't think this will impinge at all on the Speedmaster market and it is a way to get the younger generation interested and primed for when they can afford the full product.
    I agree - this could be a genius marketing move

Craftsman

New Tudor Instagram teaser.

"Time to explore your world"

Craftsman
    Looks like I was pretty close with my Pop Swatch Speedy comment haha

Master

Oh. I'd imagined more of a monotone case & dial in each of the predominant planet colours, with perhaps those little planet inserts I've seen the pics of placed somewhere on the caseback.

This is more 'Moonswatch - Golden Meteor Shower' edition..

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Not going to lie, at $260 id buy one or two!
    Imagine a hot pink speedy

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

Not entirely sure about hot pink, but I'd be all over something like this - no chance I could afford a new Speedy any other way nowadays!

The fact that it's going to give the speedy-fundamentalists conniptions just adds to its appeal...

Pretty certain that’s wrong, only from what I’ve seen elsewhere. Mono colours depending on what variant.

But I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post
    Yep I think it’s a good idea, it’s something fun,

Wonder how much the collector set will be and if you’ll need to rent a Luton van to bring all the boxes home.

Looks like there's a version with Alaska Project handset as well. Some are as low as $229. Again the source is watch forums so not exactly horse's mouth stuff however one person prepaid at an Omega AD and so had their firm price

Master
    Looks like there's a version with Alaska Project handset as well.
    That would be a bit weird, as the Alaska Project was all about creating a watch (or shroud around a watch) that could withstand the extreme temperture variations of EVA - not associated with any planetary 'mission' as far as I'm aware?

https://revolutionwatch.com/omega-x-...in-bioceramic/

etc. etc.

Look better than I expected TBH.

Master
    Any idea what the size is?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Any idea what the size is?

I believe the cases are 42mm.

Here are a few other colours that I grabbed off of the Revolution article before it was taken down:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see the Mrs wanting one of these.
    I think they are quite cool.

I think they look pretty good! Can see them being very popular.

Amusing that the Revolution article got pulled - guess they jumped the gun. No more Swatch Group press-releases for them!

I missed the size, but the price was given as CH250.

Liking the Moon and Mars versions in particular, but has to be one of the most collectable sets going, even the daft colours look kinda good.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Not quite hot pink...

Image no worky

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Not quite hot pink...

Edit: link to thread with the proper full colour selection (there's a lot!) here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Omega-x-Swatch

Master
    ​They rock. I can see plenty of Omega bores (like myself) getting very hot under the collar about brand image harm but I love those and will get one myself. I wonder if they will be cross sold across Swatch and Omega boutiques as a way of getting customers to up (or down) sell customers into each brand.

Love the 105.012 pushers and Alaska hands on one model. There are some nicely observed touches right there.

I can't see many wanting an X-33 after this has been around a few months...
    Last edited by Padders; 23rd March 2022 at 17:59.

I think this is a very clever move from Swatch Group. Tie Omega's historic model to the Swatch brand, link to a younger set of buyers (and older ones that want a fun, colourful watch) and move them towards Omega ownership as they mature. I'd have one of these as a holiday watch - I'm getting shades (pun intended) of the Fortis Colours range from a few years ago - available separately and as a collection. There's something in there for all buyers: young, old, male and female.

If the cases are from recycled plastics it's another win, this time for sustainability. At the price point I'd imagine a quartz movement, perhaps System 51 with a chrono module added?

I'm in.

I think they look really nice but wonder how much harm they will do to the Speedmaster range. I can’t see many people wanting to drop nearly £6k on a moon watch that doesn’t look to dissimilar to a £250 plastic version.

Makes you wonder what Omega were thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    ​They rock. I can see plenty of Omega bores (like myself) getting very hot under the collar about brand image harm but I love those and will get one myself. I wonder if they will be cross sold across Swatch and Omega boutiques as a way of getting customers to up (or down) sell customers into each brand.

Love the 105.012 pushers and Alaska hands on one model. There are some nicely observed touches right there.

I can't see many wanting an X-33 after this has been around a few months...
    The Reddit thread suggests that in the UK it's from two London stores and one Edinburgh store, none online. The accuracy of that claim is unknown!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I think they look really nice but wonder how much harm they will do to the Speedmaster range. I can’t see many people wanting to drop nearly £6k on a moon watch that doesn’t look to dissimilar to a £250 plastic version.

Makes you wonder what Omega were thinking!
    They were likely thinking that at £5K the original Speedmaster is already way way into the Veblen goods sphere so selling something to a totally different audience isn't a bad thing. 3 years ago you could buy a Moonwatch new for £2,750. What changed? Next to nothing. Halo marketing, get them hooked then upsell them when they get richer.

Just seen it's only a 60-minuter. The previous mock-up had it as the full 12hr.
    Waa.

Master
    Just seen it's only a 60-minuter. The previous mock-up had it as the full 12hr.
    Waa.
    You sure about that? The RH dial reads to 10. I am thinking 10 hour timing. Or 1/10th second precision perhaps like the Seiko quartz chronometers. Not bad either way.

Actually the latter seems more likely. 1/10th quartz precision but a shorter total 60 min duration as you say!
    Last edited by Padders; 23rd March 2022 at 18:18.

The Reddit thread suggests that in the UK it's from two London stores and one Edinburgh store, none online. The accuracy of that claim is unknown!
    Hmm, that's a shame - I just emailed the Bicester store!

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    You sure about that? The RH dial reads to 10. I am thinking 10 hour timing. Or 1/10th second precision perhaps like the Seiko quartz chronometers. Not bad either way.

Actually the latter seems more likely. 1/10th quartz precision but a shorter total 60 min duration as you say!
    Yes, my assumption is it's the 1/10th usual one you see on lots of quartz watches. Which does indeed seem more likely as another means of differentiating it from the mechanical. I suppose that timer may also appeal more to their supposed more junior target market too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvinManUK View Post
    I can't unsee a face on this one... It may even be a 'tongue blep'.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Hmm, that's a shame - I just emailed the Bicester store!
    Always worth a shot. Reddit be not Omega/Swatch!

Sorry though, you haven't bought enough Swatches to qualify for this one. They're only for the premium customers who have had a Swatch for longer than they could tell the time. You can join the waiting list though.

Yes, my assumption is it's the 1/10th usual one you see on lots of quartz watches. Which does indeed seem more likely as another means of differentiating it from the mechanical. I suppose that timer may also appeal more to their supposed more junior target market too.
    ETA do make a suitable calibre:

The ETA logo and V8 on the caseback suggest it's a G10 of some sort...

I'd have preferred an hour counter (and for the date to be implemented), but I can live with this.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    That looks good from what is shown! Only problem for me I bet it will have long 50mm lugs.
    Yep - sadly 42mm. Like the gilt and green bezel though.

Master
    I think these look great! I'll definitely get a couple if they're readily available.

Journeyman
    Live on the official Swatch site now. Does indeed confirm that 3 London stores and 1 Edinburgh store will be stocking.