closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cordless Garden Trimmer

Cordless Garden Trimmer

Hi guys,

I am in the market for a cordless grass trimmer.

I don’t have lots to do but want the ease of no wires. I think a petrol one will be overkill for my needs so thinking battery powered.

Any recommendations? My neighbours swears by his G Tech trimmer.

Cheers

Ross

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sthil is my go to make.

By grass trimmer, do you mean lawn mower? Strimmer?

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    By grass trimmer, do you mean lawn mower? Strimmer?
    Strimmer. It is what I would always refer to them as but it seems online they are trimmers 🤷🏻.

Cheers

Ross

Timing huh...I just got back from buying a petrol one after our electric one died last week...it was the kind with cable not battery, Sterwins I think, but it only lasted about 3 years and frankly wasn;t all that good so I went petrol...2nd hand, it would benefit from a service but for 60 euro's seems worth a punt and I've a good trusted guy very locally.

I've got a Stihl petrol strimmer for the big stuff and its great, but noisy and not that easy to use, so I bought the GTech battery one, and it's really good, my wife can use it easily, the batteries last a decent while, and it works well.

I've a Makita one and works well but I have loads of Makita tools - do you have any other tools with a suitable battery? If so have a look at that brand.

I had a Husqvarna battery strimmer which was superb. It came as a freebie when I bought a robotic lawnmower.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have the Ryobi tools which include Grass trimmer Hedge trimmer and a whole lot more. Got three batteries so never without a charge, it’s good stuff for the price.

Thanks for the replies guys, a couple of others to look in to. I am not in another battery eco system.

I do have and Aldi drill and impact driver but when I looked in to them the batteries I have didn’t fit the strimmer they sell.

Ross

Blog Entries
    I have a Makita 18v one. Works brilliantly. Also have Makita cordless drill, saw, and tyre inflator which all use the same batteries. So with 2 x 4A batteries and one charger am covered. Best part is you only need to buy the tools once you have the charger and batteries.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    I'm a big fan of the Ryobi range of tools, I've got 2 batteries and a wide range of their power tools. I have both the bushcutter and the strimmer which get regular use and they have been excellent quality and value for money. I've got everything from Sanders, tyre inflators, impact drivers, drills and lamps and they've never missed a beat. If I was a pro I would go down the Dewalt or Makita path but for home DIY Ryobi stuff is more than good enough quality.

Craftsman
    Another vote for Makita.
    I have a strimmer, drill driver, tyre inflator and nut gun (makes short work of my rangey wheel nuts). The batteries last for ages. Only trouble is you keep buying more bare tools!
    Multi tool next

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys, looks like I might need to start a collection of tools!

Cheers

Ross

EGO - multi tool or single purpose , batteries are great and tools work well. I have the multi tool version and use it all year round in one configuration or other.