closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dudley and Eunice. Next two winter storms

Blog Entries

Dudley and Eunice. Next two winter storms

As per title: Dudley and Eunice. With less than 48hrs in-between. Forecasts show that these are possibly more severe than Corrie a few weeks back.

Dudley is forecasted to land here on the Continent later on Wednesday, so I'm sure the the British Isles will notice it a few hours earlier.

Perhaps we can be called lucky that both storms do not merge into one...

Great,😐 have to go to Gosforth on the A1 tomorrow. No doubt it'll be carnage again with high sided vehicles strewn all over the place.

Master
    Up here near Loch Lomond Dudley seems to be dropping in intensity as last night the Met Office were predicting steady 60+mph winds. Now its seems reduced to low 40mph. House across the road from me lost their roof ridging during Corrie and they’ve only done a temp repair Oops.

Perfect, driving to Aberdeen tomorrow, can't wait...

Master
    Predictions changing hourly, both seem to be likely to reach land further south than first expected, Scotland may get off lighter than first thought, but the Southern part of the country, oops.

I’m supposed to be landing at Gatwick at 12:45 tomorrow. I don’t think that flight will be on time!

Master
    Red warning now, hold on tight it might get tasty out there.

Well it was a weak storm yesterday, no issues on the A1. Today is lovely sun and blue skies, a little windy though.
    Let's see what the next one's like🤨

Yikes. My son’s school trip is due to be flying back from Dublin to Amsterdam in the middle of a red storm warning at both ends of the trip tomorrow evening…in the meantime they’ll be enjoying Ireland at its wettest and windiest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    It's going to be a big one. Code orange here (100 miles from the coast) with forecasted gusts over 70kn/hr. We go back to 1990 for a storm like that.

Last night's Dudley was heavy. The fire brigade had to go out 57x in the last 24hrs. Mostly fallen trees. I was at the local Husqvarna dealer this afternoon for a new chain. He had put up a paper next to the door:

"To all customers: stay out of the forest at least until Monday. If you have to be near trees, notify someone in advance so that he/she can seek help when needed."

I like that sort of customer care. Inside the shop, there were cans with Aspen2 everywhere. "We know what will happen next week."

Master
    Blog Entries

Dudley and Eunice. Next two winter storms

Storm Franklin about to be named, to hit west of Scotland Sunday late pm, time that Gulf Stream moved on, been hellish windy for over a month now, my southern friends stay safe in Eunice

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Messaged my buddy in Fort Lauderdale about Eunice. His words wait till the forecast is 150mph winds then worry. I suppose he as a point

Craftsman
    Bracing ourselves for this in the South West tonight, looks like it could be pretty lively tomorrow. Just wondering when the plague of locusts is coming.

Master
    We had 47 hours of power outage, lost a small tree and a couple of fence panels.

It’s rather blowy out there now too, so have my fingers crossed that’s all that we have go wrong.

Could be a lot worse - a friend of a friend has lost the brick work “V” from the top of their second floor to the roofline - evidently not tied in!

I went for my usual walk along the cliffs near Hannafore Point (East Cornwall) this afternoon and had to turn back after 2 miles. Very high winds and driving rain.

Im back in doors now on the edge on Bodmin Moor - its pretty wild out there.

Blog Entries
    This evening and tomorrow it's time for Franklin.

I'm more than fed-up with it. It's not the wind, it's the soaking rain that annoys me.

Menno

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    This evening and tomorrow it's time for Franklin.

I'm more than fed-up with it. It's not the wind, it's the soaking rain that annoys me.

Menno
    Yip been 6 weeks of this in west of Scotland, Franklin is chucking the kitchen sink at us just now

Hail, rain, lightning, wind upwards 70mph at mo

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Had some really high winds throughout the night and not expected to die down till lunchtime here in Staffordshire.

Master
    A mate lost his brick wall yesterday late afternoon and it’s continued to blow well all through the night, all the trains are cancelled, so just seeing how I can get home from my night shift.
    Although work sent an email advising to work from home, got to love the head office sending that when I have 20 people under my care overnight, don’t think the wife would be too happy if I took them all home with me.
    Forecast is to blow hard until midday.

Blog Entries
    Two or three hours of 'free-time' before the next wave hits us around noon - until midnight. According to the Met Office here, it's the last one (for the foreseeable future, that is).

Been absolutely battered here. Seen a chimney gone a few streets away and almost every other house has some type of tile missing, most with several gone.

Blog Entries
    Franklin left with a bang. Around 3PM, the wind turned from SW to NW, battering a few trees that had survived. A few of them have lot another load of branches.

I dared to walk into the forest this afternoon. In the middle of my forest there was a healthy oak tree with a diameter of at least 60cm/24" at 2m height. The tree simply has snapped off at 3.5m height! There's a piece of trunk sticking out of the ground and the remaining parts are fallen aside, with the branches dramatically pointing to the sky.

The force of nature is incredible!

Time to start clearing. This morning I treated myself with a Husqvarna 545mkII chainsaw with a 45cm blade. I already own a 435, which is a proper saw, but I need more power and a longer blade.
    Apart from that, it's amazing how many friends one has when there's firewood for sale! The high energy prices surely get people moving. First crew is coming in on Wednesday for their own firewood stash and then on Saturday and next week another few mates. Great. I charge them 25 euros per (normal) trailer behind their car. I've seen prices of 85euros/m3, but that's insane. I'll keep an oak or two for myself.

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 21st February 2022 at 17:46.