closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch advice - Panerai PAM000312

Blog Entries

Watch advice - Panerai PAM000312

Hey all,

I’ve been offered the above model from a trusted dealer. The watch comes with box but no original papers. It has however just been serviced by Panerai and comes with their service papers.

This could be my first ever Panerai and I’m uncertain on resale values but this looks like a pretty competitive deal? I have no plans to sell it on but clearly don’t want to blow myself out financially. The dealer has offered me the watch for £3,750 and I ask my forum friends (who will be in the know), is this a good or bad deal?

Thank you in anticipation of your advice and help.

Kind regards
    Chris

Sounds ok to me,I’d of thought it would be more like 4.5k from a dealer with papers.
    You’ll not find many 1950 luminor under 4K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I would second the above feedback. Looks like a good deal from a dealer, and with reassurance of recent service and I assume still in warranty.

Master
    Echo what others have said, sounds about right price wise. anything 1950’s case under 4k is a decent deal.

I love mine, read reviews that it’s very thick on the wrist etc.. I find it perfect, comfy fit and love the lume. Word of warning most definitely budget for a load of straps, it’s 100% a strap monster.

Craftsman
    My first Panerai and still in my collection nearly 10 years later . Lovely sandwich Dial, it does sit high on the wrist though and is heavy so try it on if you haven’t already and make sure you’re happy with the size/fit

Seems like a very good price from a dealer, seems like a good price if it was a private sale with the recent service.

I’d echo what’s already been said. I bought a 312 from here about 4/5 years ago for low 3’s. So this one for me from a dealer with a recent service is well priced.

If I was getting it at this price ,I’d keep an eye out for a bracelet,the 328 is the bracelet version,gives you the best of both worlds ,there not cheap but you may get lucky.

Master
    +1 to this- Mine is actually a 328, bracelet does make the watch heavy though, surprised how much I actually liked it on the bracelet, I always thought anything Panerai looked weird with a bracelet but it really works.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    If I was getting it at this price ,I’d keep an eye out for a bracelet,the 328 is the bracelet version,gives you the best of both worlds ,there not cheap but you may get lucky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    +1 to this- Mine is actually a 328, bracelet does make the watch heavy though, surprised how much I actually liked it on the bracelet, I always thought anything Panerai looked weird with a bracelet but it really works.
    Thank you for your comments. Dealer just called and offered me it for £3600…..that’s me in. Has Panerai service docs but not original warranty card but that’s ok with me.

Master
    Congratulations. A great choice and enjoy it!

That is a good deal!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Great deal. Well done and enjoy. As it’s your first Panerai welcome to the strap rabbit hole.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel76 View Post
    Thank you for your comments. Dealer just called and offered me it for £3600…..that’s me in. Has Panerai service docs but not original warranty card but that’s ok with me.
    A cracking deal, congrats- Depending on the year of production it may not even have a warranty card, I think from 2010 they came with warranty bits and pieces stamped in the booklet, some more knowledgable people will probably know more.