closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Oculus Quest 2 Users?

Grand Master

Any Oculus Quest 2 Users?

Anyone using Oculus Quest 2?

Really enjoying the variety of physical and mental challenges on it and also find it hilarious to be playing pool online and when bored I poinciana the opponents ball and run off lol.

Superb flatform (less the meta privacy we hate facebook bit) but if anyones on it add me up, promise I wont nick your ball
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Anyone using Oculus Quest 2?

Really enjoying the variety of physical and mental challenges on it and also find it hilarious to be playing pool online and when bored I poinciana the opponents ball and run off lol.

Superb flatform (less the meta privacy we hate facebook bit) but if anyones on it add me up, promise I wont nick your ball
    Got myself one a couple of weeks ago, great fun. Walkabout mini golf is a must, great fun. The Vader immortal's are good, but very short. Pokerstars i'm enjoying, mostly blackjack, kids can be annoying though. Was recommended the fishing game, visually stunning, but gameplay not a patch on the xbox sims. Platform game 'Moss' is great too. That's about all i've delved in to so far, other than the 2 tutorial games/experiences, first steps and first contact

if anyone else get one, before you set it up, take advantage of the referral scheme and you and your referrer get £23 of game credit each. I can refer people if you like
    Last edited by Brighty; 3rd February 2022 at 16:43.

Grand Master
    Currently working through ‘The Room’ and its just superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Master
    Darts is great too :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Got myself one a couple of weeks ago, great fun. Walkabout mini golf is a must, great fun. The Vader immortal's are good, but very short. Pokerstars i'm enjoying, mostly blackjack, kids can be annoying though. Was recommended the fishing game, visually stunning, but gameplay not a patch on the xbox sims. Platform game 'Moss' is great too. That's about all i've delved in to so far, other than the 2 tutorial games/experiences, first steps and first contact

if anyone else get one, before you set it up, take advantage of the referral scheme and you and your referrer get £23 of game credit each. I can refer people if you like
    I've had both a Quest 1 & 2 and I second that walkabout is a must. I showed my golfer Dad in his 70's over Christmas and he loved it. He's subsequently borrowed it when they've had friends over for mini golf tournaments. Moss is good, a really different and beautiful platform experience. I've also enjoyed the classics like Beat Saber and Superhot.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really fancy one of these, have been umming for ages as im not really a gamer but they look like fun.

Master
    I got one for myself over Xmas. I only bought it for the star wars games, but have been enjoying the boxing games and they're a great workout. My only gripe is it's difficult to get it to fit out of the box if you're a glasses wearer and the only option is to have custom lenses made for it. I'll probably sell it once I'm done with star wars.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I really fancy one of these, have been umming for ages as im not really a gamer but they look like fun.
    I do like the odd PS or XBox session but this is really emersive.

The game ‘The Room’ is just superb

RIAC

Wander is great too. Basically it's Google maps/earth. You know when you can drag the little man onto a map to see an on the ground view, imagine you're the little man and can look and move around, anywhere on earth

Craftsman
    I tried one of my mates and I was so impressed I bought one.
    Not been in to gaming for years but really impressed with this and the games.
    Had some great fun with it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Currently working through ‘The Room’ and its just superb

We got one at Xmas and that was the first game we bought, superb.

I tried the medium roller coaster, the one in the caves and was feeling nauseous for hours after it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    We got one at Xmas and that was the first game we bought, superb.

I tried the medium roller coaster, the one in the caves and was feeling nauseous for hours after it.
    I've had a couple of games that make me feel motion sick. The Oculus store let you have a refund on a game if you've played for less than 2 hours. I remember trying a driving game on the Playstation VR and my inner ear couldn't cope with the fact that I was driving a car but not moving so that instantly made me feel sick.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    I've had a couple of games that make me feel motion sick. The Oculus store let you have a refund on a game if you've played for less than 2 hours. I remember trying a driving game on the Playstation VR and my inner ear couldn't cope with the fact that I was driving a car but not moving so that instantly made me feel sick.
    That does wear off after a while, its usually only in the early few stages that people feel it
    RIAC

Any Oculus Quest 2 Users?

I’ have really enjoyed mine! The usuals suspects Beat Sabre, Superhot etc are lots of fun. Some others I’ have really enjoyed are Warplanes WW1 Fighters, Golf + and Audica……..some super fun bits on there. The Free Solo short from the film on there is great.

Last edited by Bendigits; 7th February 2022 at 18:22.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendigits View Post
    I’ve really enjoyed mine! The usuals suspects Beat Sabre, Superhot etc are lots of fun. Some others I’ve really enjoyed are Warplanes WW1 Fighters, Golf + and Audica….some super fun bits

I've just had a look at Warplanes WW1 Fighters and it looks really good, I'll give it a go later!

Purchased one at the weekend and it's superb. I'm not a gamer but a colleague talked me through a game when I was at his last week and I was blown away. Walkabout Golf is excellent; Atlantis course my favourite so far. The Warbirds flying game, like almost all flying games I've tried (admittedly very limited), is far too sensitive to control inputs but after a while you get used to it.

I’ve been thinking about getting a Quest 2 for a while now, reading this thread has got me off the fence, they sound like great fun.

Master
    I’ve had a rift for a couple of years mainly to play Half Life Alyx which is utterly superb . The experuence from the rift was way beyond what I was anticipating… however … I find it extremely tiring to use and about 40minutes is my limit after which I genuinely feel quite exhausted mentally .

Also its not great if you don’t have a good amount of free space . I guess cockpit type games might be okay but I feel that defeats the immersiveness.

The controllers also work superbly .

Its an awesome piece of kit but it needs a killer app to justify it .

Craftsman
    I've never really been a gamer but this platform is amazing and love playing various games but what about Richie's Plank?
    My brother in law is a massive guy and to see him tenderly putting one foot slowly Infront of the other was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    'VR legs' is the term used for you getting used to it, like sea legs. It does take time. I'd recommend short sessions at first, 15-30 minutes max. A cool fan blowing onto your face can also help (and might build immersion if you're driving!).