closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swap Skydweller Blue for Daytona Panda?

Journeyman

Swap Skydweller Blue for Daytona Panda?

Hi All

Please ignore if not interested

I have steel Skydweller Blue dial on jubilee. I have always wanted a Daytona Panda. So have been on the lookout for one. I have been offered one in a straight swap.

Seems a bit too good to be true. Even last month there seemed to be a differential of £5-7k.

Have I missed something recently regarding these?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Unless you know the seller very well, get it checked. The fake Daytona are scarily good.

For me, an easy yes.
    Sounds too good to be true however

Too good to be true. I wouldn’t do it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Unless you know the seller very well, get it checked. The fake Daytona are scarily good.
    Thanks for the advice

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Thanks for the advice

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Thanks for the heads up

Can you get the Daytona verified anywhere?

Seems an unlikely deal though, if genuine.

Craftsman
    I would only consider it if you can meet them in person at an AD before any money changed hands.
    Gotta cover your back! 🙂

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands View Post
    I would only consider it if you can meet them in person at an AD before any money changed hands.
    Gotta cover your back! 
    AD's dont usually authenticate, plus, working in one doesn't necessarily mean that you're able to spot a super clone.
    I dont think that checking with an AD guarantees not getting burnt, so would say that it sounds too good to be true, and probably is.

Master
    Agree on above. I was once in an AD when two chaps came in (one must have been known to the AD I guess) and one was buying a Submariner from the other.

The sales person opened the watch box, looked at the serial, looked to check it matched the serial on the card. Had a look at the watch for literally 30 seconds and said 'yep, looks in order, the numbers match' !

Master
    If I’m an AD and someone wanders in off the street and asks me to authenticate a Rolex how exactly does this scenario benefit me? If I say it’s genuine and it later transpires I’m wrong, then the punter is going to be well peeved with me and my so-called expert opinion. Obviously I’m not going to provide any written verification so it’s my word against that of the punter. But there’ll be a heap of bad publicity directed at me and my branch as my bad call has potentially cost someone thousands of pounds. Much better to politely decline a request for verification of any item not purchased from my branch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    If I’m an AD and someone wanders in off the street and asks me to authenticate a Rolex how exactly does this scenario benefit me? If I say it’s genuine and it later transpires I’m wrong, then the punter is going to be well peeved with me and my so-called expert opinion. Obviously I’m not going to provide any written verification so it’s my word against that of the punter. But there’ll be a heap of bad publicity directed at me and my branch as my bad call has potentially cost someone thousands of pounds. Much better to politely decline a request for verification of any item not purchased from my branch.
    Correct - at least at RSC in St James you can ask to book it in for a service and they generally take them out back and have a tech authenticate before they accept the watch. Worth signing up to a service if that means you get a genuine watch as part of a great deal plus provenance for a sell on down the line

Grand Master

Swap Skydweller Blue for Daytona Panda?

I wouldn’t personally, The Skydweller is a far better engineered watch and apart from actually having a use (beyond timing an egg) its a pleasure to live with. If money (Read Profit potential) wasn’t in the mix you would chose a Skydweller
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 3rd February 2022 at 15:53.
    RIAC

If I could pick between the two I’d go Skydweller and would spend some money on an oyster strap to change the style up.

I prefer the SkyDweller, I think it looks nicer and (for me) the complications are more useful.

Meeting in an AD would be a completely pointless exercise, unless they have a watchmaker on site who'll properly verify the watch for you (unlikely). I'd certainly meet at RSC, though, as there are plenty of ways you could get them to whip the back off and, in any event, it's doubtful anyone selling a fake would agree to it.

It does seem TGTBT, though, so I'd be very wary indeed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Meeting in an AD would be a completely pointless exercise, unless they have a watchmaker on site who'll properly verify the watch for you (unlikely). I'd certainly meet at RSC, though, as there are plenty of ways you could get them to whip the back off and, in any event, it's doubtful anyone selling a fake would agree to it.

It does seem TGTBT, though, so I'd be very wary indeed.
    This ^^^ be very careful.

For what’s it’s worth, I’ve got both watches and if I could only keep one it would be the skydweller. Do you really prefer the Daytona or could grey market prices be affecting your decision?