closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ebay authentication - buyer questions

Ebay authentication - buyer questions

Bought and paid for a watch Sunday which has to go to ebay's authenticator.

I understand the need for it to go there but I'm trying to understand what notifications I'm likely recieve as it passes through the process.

If I look at my order details there's a 3 stage timeline
    1 Paid-------2 despatched------3 delivered

Step 1 is complete
    Step 2 is that despatched by the seller to the authenticator or despatched by the authenticator to me? This step is not showing as complete.

Once the authenticator has approved the watch, do they communicate to me any tracking info' or expected delivery dates?
    As I 'm often not at home I don't want to miss the package.

Buying watches on here is so much easier!

Must be a few of you on here who've bought via ebay and had to go through the process, be good to hear how it went.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Everything is updated via the eBay site and as a rule takes just an extra day or 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I had regular updates, turn around was pretty quick- Delivered by UPS a couple of days after it had been authenticated.

Master
    Blog Entries
    As a seller it's a absolute win. As soon as they get it it takes away the risk of the buyer turning around and saying they didn't get the watch. Someone at this place won't say that so the risk falls on eBay.

Very smooth and easy with good email updates and updates on the website keeping me informed. I have posted screenshots of the emails below.

Always with tracking numbers. I think I received the watch within a week of placing the order, and only 3 days after it was shipped to authenticator.

Screenshot_20220201-092322~2.jpgScreenshot_20220201-092336~2.jpg

Thanks all for your replies; Adge your screenshots answer my questions perfectly, particularly your first shot...I was trying to work out if the "despatched" meant sent to me by authenticator or sent to authenticator by seller. Got it now :)

Going to have to find a box of patience it seems!

Master
    The watch gets sent out professionally packaged and via insured UPS courier. You also get various cards confirming authenticity etc. I was happy with the entire process.

Lo and behold a notification from eBay, seller has sent the watch to authenticator.

Looks as though I'll be kept in the picture as it travels the process...all's well in my world now :)

Quote Originally Posted by jacinabox View Post
    Thanks all for your replies; Adge your screenshots answer my questions perfectly, particularly your first shot...I was trying to work out if the "despatched" meant sent to me by authenticator or sent to authenticator by seller. Got it now :)

Going to have to find a box of patience it seems!

Glad it helped and that you've now received the notification. I really was surprised how easy it was and how quick the turnaround was. I thought it would add a week or so, but guess they got it figured out.

I really like this new system of authentication. I recently sold a watch through Ebay and from what i could ascertian the cost looks to be absorbed in the selling fees. It takes all the risk out of selling on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    I really like this new system of authentication. I recently sold a watch through Ebay and from what i could ascertian the cost looks to be absorbed in the selling fees. It takes all the risk out of selling on Ebay.
    For now. I don't expect that to last.

I'm just about to hit "List" on a new listing and can't see anywhere to specify that I'd like the watch I'm selling to go through the authentication process. Is this something that occurs automatically for watches with a selling fee above £2000?

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I'm just about to hit "List" on a new listing and can't see anywhere to specify that I'd like the watch I'm selling to go through the authentication process. Is this something that occurs automatically for watches with a selling fee above £2000?
    It should occur automatically.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.