closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Price Increase

Omega Price Increase

4.8% average across the range from tomorrow. Just as an FYI

4.5% for Patek too.

Well below inflation. Get out there and buy. You are saving money.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    4.5% for Patek too.
    Oh FFS, trying not to think what the Travel Time was when I missed it 4 years ago (and been on the list ever since)...

Craftsman
    Ryan do you know how much the Speedmaster (Moonwatch - 310.30.42.50.01.001) will be going up by? Thanks ~ S

Quote Originally Posted by SNA View Post
    Ryan do you know how much the Speedmaster (Moonwatch - 310.30.42.50.01.001) will be going up by? Thanks ~ S
    I assume 4.8% as well. I ordered one from James Robin watches on Saturday precisely to avoid this and lock in the pre increase discount

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Oh FFS, trying not to think what the Travel Time was when I missed it 4 years ago (and been on the list ever since)...
    Tried this on last week which was when I was told. Just couldn’t see it being worth 4-5 Rolex.

Are these price rises normally across Swatch Group as a whole or just Omega?

Tried this on last week which was when I was told. Just couldn’t see it being worth 4-5 Rolex.

To be honest, if it didn't have PP on the dial, it could be mistaken for anything in the Beaverbrooks window.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    To be honest, if it didn't have PP on the dial, it could be mistaken for anything in the Beaverbrooks window.
    Yep, very fancy Zenith Pilot. Couldn’t do it.

The general consensus I've picked up from around the forum is that, for example, the current Moon watch and SMPs are now too expensive for what they are. So who keeps buying them despite regular price increases? They're not particularly in demand, no waiting lists and every AD has them in the window.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The general consensus I've picked up from around the forum is that, for example, the current Moon watch and SMPs are now too expensive for what they are. So who keeps buying them despite regular price increases? They're not particularly in demand, no waiting lists and every AD has them in the window.
    Agreed,

The are overpriced for what they are. However the 4.5% price increase is small and I feel it will be wipe off any seconf hand one for sale anyway.

Master
    I love my current moon watch and the new 300 bronze gold is a lovely thing to behold in person.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Comparatively I dont think they're overpriced. Particularly with the "upgrades" to the new Moonwatch.

Craftsman
    Feels like there is an increase every 6 months now

When I first saw this pic I thought you were on the AD's Stannah Chairlift.

Don't Graham make something similar to that PP? I'm sure the movement's lovely, but jeez …

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Not every customer is a lunatic though.

“Normal” people buy a “best” watch. Just one. For a special event like a 30th, 40th, wedding etc. they buy what’s they like, what they see in the magazines and online, without worrying about residual or how quickly they can shift it when something new and shiny comes along. These are the people that you meet and say “oh, is that a new Speedmaster?” And they answer “no it’s an omega……!”

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Are these price rises normally across Swatch Group as a whole or just Omega?
    I read on WUS that Longines are increasing by 13% tomorrow!

I think the new Speedy Pro, whilst not the bargain that the old one was, is still competitively priced given its legendary status, functionality and brand cachet. Again it is all relative of course but METAS movement, improved bracelet, stepped dial etc. Is a Daytona really twice the watch' or more realistically in that price bracket are the Breitling B01 chronos really deserving of a higher price than a Speedy Pro? Looking at the competition I think for what you get the Zenith Chronomaster is fairly priced and I'd argue the Speedy Pro 3861 is also.

Haha, you're right!! I've experienced that with an "Oh is that the new OP?" and the response was "No, it's a Rolex". People with lots of cash who want a trinket they know nothing about. Boils my p*ss.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    These are the people that you meet and say “oh, is that a new Speedmaster?” And they answer “no it’s an omega……!”

Not every customer is a lunatic though
    These are the people that you meet and say “oh, is that a new Speedmaster?” And they answer “no it’s an omega……!”

Master
    Haha, you're right!! I've experienced that with an "Oh is that the new OP?" and the response was "No, it's a Rolex". People with lots of cash who want a trinket they know nothing about. Boils my p*ss.
    To be fair, they're the 'lucky' ones who don't go down the rabbit hole for every purchase, nor tend to flip it within short periods afterwards or immediately start looking for the next watch as soon they've just acquired the one they were lusting after! They buy a watch because of brand and (hopefully!) because they like the look of it, then wear it and enjoy it for what it is: either something to tell the time with, to look upon as something they've attained through hard work or saving or as a gift, or to show off as a status symbol

(this is not meant at all as a dig against you David or anyone else, as I'm as bad for buying and flipping watches, but just commenting on the fact that we're probably the strange ones for what we do!)

Master
    Regarding the price rise though, I think there's been three prices hikes since I bought my SMP and frankly it's silly money now (it was still pretty crazy money when I bought mine, as Omega started to push upmarket). I wish I'd kept hold of one of the two old gen Speedy's I flipped in the past though, as they seem like a much better value proposition in hindsight, at least they were at the prices I bought them for compared to now! (and I probably go against the general opinion here but I think the older moonwatch is much nicer aesthetically than the new version of the Speedy).
    Last edited by andy100; 31st January 2022 at 18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    Regarding the price rise though, I own a new SMP bought a couple of year's ago when it was still a bit too expensive IMO. I think there's been three prices hikes since I got mine and frankly it's silly money now. I wish I'd kept hold of one of the two old gen Speedy's I flipped, as they seem like a much better value proposition (and I probably go against the general opinion here but i think is a much nicer watch than the new version of the Speedy).
    Same here. I bought a lovely Speedy from here for £1500. I sent it to Simon Freese when he was still at STS and had a service and Mitsukoshi dial fitted. I sold it here a few months later as I started to think it was too big for me due to the way the endlinks stuck out. Why didn’t I try Natos back then!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    4.8% average across the range from tomorrow. Just as an FYI
    Didn’t Omega recently have a price rise, the Seamaster went from about £4,450 to £4,630?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Same here. I bought a lovely Speedy from here for £1500. I sent it to Simon Freese when he was still at STS and had a service and Mitsukoshi dial fitted. I sold it here a few months later as I started to think it was too big for me due to the way the endlinks stuck out. Why didn’t I try Natos back then!
    Similar thoughts about the bracelet fit and regretting not trying more different straps when I had mine have crossed my mind too!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    If you want a laugh you should check out the price of those dials now.

Give me 10 minutes with it and I'll change your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    If you want a laugh you should check out the price of those dials now.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Give me 10 minutes with it and I'll change your mind
    That’d be much better, Tony. I wouldn’t be able to see it

PMSL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Omega prices have gone up by inflation of 4.5% then they have not really gone up in price,
    It means that the money - being say £4,600 - is worth 4.5% less than it was last year.

The watch has not gone up but instead it is the money that is worth less.

Or have I got that wrong ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattie-1000 View Post
    If Omega prices have gone up in price by inflation of 4.5% then they have not really gone up in price,
    It means that the money - being say £4,600 - is worth 4.% less than it was last year.

You probably need to factor in the average salary increase into that somewhere

- - - Updated - - -

If Omega prices have gone up in price by inflation of 4.5% then they have not really gone up in price,
    It means that the money - being say £4,600 - is worth 4.% less than it was last year.

You probably need to factor in the average salary increase into that somewhere

Master
    Let’s have some pictures (admittedly poor ones though):

I got this calibre 3861 from a UK based AD at the start of this year. Even managed to obtain a good discount. I’ve only just started wearing it and I can see it has gained 4 seconds in just over eight days. Initially I thought the bracelet looked quite insubstantial but it wears well.

It arrived a few days after I managed to get a brand new 1861 calibre. I see dealers are now asking in excess of the RRP for this model. I’m glad I acquired both before the latest price increase. I appreciate it’s slightly ridiculous to have two examples of essentially the same watch, but I have two young nephews who’ll receive them when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Didn’t Omega recently have a price rise, the Seamaster went from about £4,450 to £4,630?
    Yes, only a few months ago. I got one when a white dial from James Henry the day before that rise.

Master
    I think the new Speedy Pro, whilst not the bargain that the old one was, is still competitively priced given its legendary status, functionality and brand cachet. Again it is all relative of course but METAS movement, improved bracelet, stepped dial etc. Is a Daytona really twice the watch' or more realistically in that price bracket are the Breitling B01 chronos really deserving of a higher price than a Speedy Pro? Looking at the competition I think for what you get the Zenith Chronomaster is fairly priced and I'd argue the Speedy Pro 3861 is also.
    I can't disagree with that and I think the Speedmaster is now around the correct level, but five or ten years ago they were still cheaper than the Breitling equivalent when those housed an ETA 7750. Now that Breitling have built an in-house movement the price becomes much more palatable, whereas before we were all looking at Breitling asking 'why so much for something with a generic movement when I can have a Speedie for less?'

If Omega prices have gone up by inflation of 4.5% then they have not really gone up in price,
    It means that the money - being say £4,600 - is worth 4.5% less than it was last year.

The last few years have seen two price rises each year, at least one of which I recall being close to 10% and all of them at or above inflation.
    Last edited by Dynam0humm; 1st February 2022 at 03:37.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Let’s have some pictures (admittedly poor ones though):

I got this calibre 3861 from a UK based AD at the start of this year. Even managed to obtain a good discount. I’ve only just started wearing it and I can see it has gained 4 seconds in just over eight days. Initially I thought the bracelet looked quite insubstantial but it wears well.

It arrived a few days after I managed to get a brand new 1861 calibre. I see dealers are now asking in excess of the RRP for this model. I’m glad I acquired both before the latest price increase. I appreciate it’s slightly ridiculous to have two examples of essentially the same watch, but I have two young nephews who’ll receive them when I shuffle off this mortal coil.
    Thats a great looking strap

£5,710 now for the basic Hesalite Speedy so that was actually a 6.3% increase on that model

https://www.mappinandwebb.com/Omega-...001/p/17331767

Master
    £5,710 now for the basic Hesalite Speedy so that was actually a 6.3% increase on that model

https://www.mappinandwebb.com/Omega-...001/p/17331767
    Ouch! Glad I dodged that increase. That’s straying way beyond my comfort zone.

The cheapest Ploprof is now over £10k. That explains why the used prices have been heading up.

To be honest I’m a big Ploprof fan and considering it’s still less than the Rolex seadweller i still believe it’s good value.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Ouch! Glad I dodged that increase. That’s straying way beyond my comfort zone.
    Yep. Glad I managed to get one BNIB on Saturday for £4,300 - just awaiting delivery

No price changes on Longines at Goldsmiths this morning.

I read on WUS that Longines are increasing by 13% tomorrow!

I had totally missed the updated model moonwatch… Omega have done a great job with it - of course I would want the sapphire sandwich but its silly (for me) money now 😳

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    I had totally missed the updated model moonwatch… Omega have done a great job with it - of course I would want the sapphire sandwich but its silly (for me) money now 
    On the main page advertised at £6120. Click on the watch and the price rises to £6480

Yep. I did a "safety purchase" at midnight last night as there was something I was considering getting anyway. Might rethink.

Yep saw that also. It was from a supposed reliable source on WUS. I expect an increase is coming but clearly not today

Yep. I did a "safety purchase" at midnight last night as there was something I was considering getting anyway. Might rethink.
    I was interested in a Titanium Spirit, but could only negotiate 20% off. I suppose if they went up 13% then a 1/3rd of would be ok, but a false saving really.

I’ve consoled myself with a 40mm (after being swayed away by the forum pics of the nibbles No.3 on the 42mm model) steel version, at a much better discount for now. IF the price does go up, it will have been a great buy ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I was interested in a Titanium Spirit, but could only negotiate 20% off. I suppose if they went up 13% then a 1/3rd of would be ok, but a false saving really.

I’ve consoled myself with a 40mm (after being swayed away by the forum pics of the nibbles No.3 on the 42mm model) steel version, at a much better discount for now. IF the price does go up, it will have been a great buy ;)
    I was after a Flagship Heritage and managed 23% off. I'm still not 100% sure of my purchase but thought I'd place an order just in case of a 10% overnight price rise. Got two weeks to decide beforw the return window runs out!

I was after a Flagship Heritage and managed 23% off. I'm still not 100% sure of my purchase but thought I'd place an order just in case of a 10% overnight price rise. Got two weeks to decide beforw the return window runs out!
    That’s a lovely watch!

I’ve started appreciating Longines a lot more after taking a much closer look at a few models. Foolishly buying too many of them :( or should that be :)
    It's just a matter of time...