closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommend a wireless keyboard

Master

Recommend a wireless keyboard

Hi

Want to get a new wireless keyboard and mouse for working from home for use with a Windows machine.

Budget is around £50.

Seems like there are a lot of options out there so thought I’d see what experiences people here have had.

Cheers

I'd always look at Logitech for mice, and their keyboards can be good too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=logitec...b_sb_ss_i_1_28

I think unless you are a fast touch-typist, that you should look carefully at the features of the mouse, especially as to how you want to jump back and forwards between web-pages. By that I mean - If you use the scroll-wheel side-side toggle for that, you may not like additional buttons on the LHS of the mouse - to do that.

Don't go for a mouse without the back/forward screen function

I have Windows and Apple. For Windows I use Logitech MX (MX Keys keyboard, MX Master mouse). But, each costs more than your budget (c£140 combined). I work 14+ hr days, constantly using keyboard and mouse, so spending a bit more makes sense for me. [For Apple, I use the Apple Magic Keyboard with numerical keypad - again, excellent, but even more pricey than the Logitech.]

Above budget but also Logitech MX Keys, £89 on Amazon currently.

They also do cheaper ones which are meant to be good so worth checking the K780 for £64 or the K380 for £34.

Craftsman
    I got this set a year ago and have used it for 8-10 hours 4-5 days a week and it’s been great

Seenda Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Set, QWERTY 2.4G USB Cordless Keyboard with Phone Holder, Full Size Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Combo with Numeric Keypad for PC, Laptop, Desktop, Notebook, Computer https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09N38...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Logitech MK540 keyboard and mouse combo. Around 50 sovs on Amazon. Plenty of features and lovely key action. Can't fault it.

Logitech keyboard and mouse (both work from same USB wireless adapter) have worked flawlessly for me during the increase in home working

Master
    The Logitech K270 is affordable but not the greatest typing experience. It's fine for me as I'm not a great typist but if you are, aim a bit higher.

Master
    If you spend all your working day on a keyboard and mouse you don’t want to skimp in them.
    Personally the Logitech max master mouse is a no brained, so comfy and you can find Amazon deals quite often that get them down under £40.
    Keyboards are not cheap for good ones. I won’t type in anything without mechanical switches and the Logitech g613 is a good one.
    Unfortunately both of these blow your budget completely but my max master has lasted 5 years with no signs of failing and the keyboard is 2 years and going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're working from home are you able to get a contribution from your employer? Regardless, I would say that the items you shouldn't skimp on when looking at computer peripherals are those items you spend all day interacting with: keyboard, mouse and monitor. Now, what I use is way above your budget but I'll list them anyway:

Keyboard (wireless). The best keyboard I've used (and I've used a lot)

Mouse (wireless). This is great to use but years ago Logitech did a mouse that you could put in a charging cradle/stand overnight (not that his was necessary) and it would be fully charged every morning; I still miss that. This is an excellent mouse and the charge lasts for weeks.

Craftsman
    have a look at a Corsair k63 if you use in low light and your eyes need a help ,,,as like a few is backlit .... as for mouse SANDSTROM SMWLHYP15 Wireless Blue Trace Mouse ... never missed a beat unlike the 3 logitech i have languishing in the back of my desk

Master
    Finally popped into PC World to have a look at a few in real-life and I'm glad that I did. The Logitech ones in budget seemed quite clunky compared to the MX ones - and I'm very used to typing on a Mac laptop keyboard.

I don't necessarily need wireless, so thought I'd ask a slightly different question - are there wired keyboards that have scissor keys etc that you'd recommend?

Cheers

Lenovo keyboard first place - Dell or HP - second place

If you get a Lenovo keyboard - just make sure it is English-UK.

There is no better keyboard.

I’d you’re used to a Mac go on eBay and get an Apple wired keyboard? I have one in a cupboard for emergencies and it’s nice to type on, I just don’t like the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I appreciate that the links I'm about to add ...
    You might appreciate your alter-ego who already added these links in post 10.

Master
    I have had Logitech and they have been ok but not very durable for the money.

I got one of these in 2020 and it has had a hammering. Rarely needs charging and is very well put together. I'd genuinely recommend taking a look. Betters still, they are usually between £32-£35 for the set (Mouse & Keyboard)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Ke...rs%2C54&sr=1-4

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    You might appreciate your alter-ego who already added these links in post 10.
    Ha ha, and I wasn't even drunk! I think my current working hours are turning my brain to mush.
    Last edited by Skier; 11th February 2022 at 16:30.

Master
    I use a Microsoft surface pro keyboard. Looks and feels like the Apple one. Been happy the last 2 years with it. Prior to that I had years of the solar Logitech one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I use a Microsoft surface pro keyboard. Looks and feels like the Apple one. Been happy the last 2 years with it. Prior to that I had years of the solar Logitech one.
    Can it be use for iPad Pro 12.9 5th generation ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by emstudio View Post
    Can it be use for iPad Pro 12.9 5th generation ?
    Afraid I do not know as I no longer have it. Moved to a work macbook and peripherals.