timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many watches do you own ?

Merry Xmas!

3 Rolexes / 2 Daniel Wellingtons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas one and all!

According to my spreadsheet I have 33....I was beginning to think I had a unique "problem" however, thanks to this thread, I see there are some here with significantly more than I have, which is a bit of a relief It also means I can think about buying more! I have never sold a watch in my life, but maybe will have to think about it going forward....

A

Craftsman
    Happy Christmas everyone.

I have over 60. I must have a cull in the new year!!

About 150, but a friend has kindly taken about 20 of mine to sell at the watch fair etc for me.

TBH I only ever wear about six of them!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Three. Been through 20 over 15 years of participating here.
    Just acquired my best yet - a Tudor BB36, which I think is going to enable me to offload two, an Everest 36mm and a Hamilton Khaki Field. I calculated that I’d lost £2000 on buying and selling over the years, so I now spent the same on something superior, to become a 1 watch person! I hope.
    Happy Christmas!
    Three for me as well, and a Tudor BB36 is also the watch that I think will see me stop flipping. A quartz tuna and a g-shock are the other two, for an all-bases covered collection (in my view).
    Merry Christmas all.

About 40

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=498260

I did consider consolidation but I’ve only shifted the omega triple-date and the Pepsi 7548 since I posted the above.

Master
    About ten plus a few G Shocks and an Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas all.
    A manageable 6 for me.

Craftsman
    Guess about 10.
    3 are for the chop.

Two on order.

Craftsman
    About 35. 20 proper ones. Merry Christmas to all.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

About 60. Mainly vintage. I rotate them for better examples as and when I come across them.

Favourite, ....... the next one.

Merry Christmas

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Sinn U1000 & Sinn U2. (sold a Stowa 90th Anniversary and a Sinn 103 custom that I wasn't wearing).
    I wear a Apple Watch on my right wrist and a Sinn on my left.
    I have a pair of Camel Trophy LE's that I wore in the 90's... oh and a few vintage watches that belonged to my maternal and paternal grandfathers.

Nine

which I know full well is an excess of 8!

Enjoy the variety & the technical differences e.g. had to have a hi-beat Seiko & also an 9F HAQ etc.

An in house movement really appeals, the design choices/rationale etc.

& a soft spot for all things Sinn is a contributing factor

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JayGee; 25th December 2021 at 22:22.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Honestly don't know, at a guess around 40.
    Inspired by this thread, I started a spreadsheet. I've accounted for 75 so far. Apparently I have 17 Casios and 12 Seikos.

Craftsman
    I'm at around 22 in total

No purchasing planned for 2022

I am imagining a steady reduction in numbers.

In answer to an earlier poster regarding why some watches are not considered part of a collections.

In my case any watch thats sentimental/gifted or heirloom I don't really count.

Master
    Honestly don't know, at a guess around 40.
    Gonna have to steal/borrow monogroover’s answer as it’s spot on for me as well. *shrugs shoulders*

Master
    4 that I wear, of which one has probably found a new home. Also old seiko I rarely wear, but has sentimental value.

Apprentice
    Inspired by this thread, I started a spreadsheet. I've accounted for 75 so far. Apparently I have 17 Casios and 12 Seikos.
    How many do you wear.

Master
    One more than I had first thing this morning...

I separate mine into fancy/expensive and the rest. I've 5 of the former (4 Panerai and a Blancpain) one in between (a Sinn) and 4 'beaters' (Seiko Arnie plus 3 G-Shocks). A Garmin has been added this morning. Quite a contrast to the 40 odd fancy and 10 Casios I had less than a decade ago.
    I try not to think how much more my collection would be worth of I hadn't downsized it. I'm thinking at least double. However, thanks to the 'investment' grade nature of Rolexes these days I have no interest in them and instead just enjoy less common watches/brands and enjoy the hobby.

Earlier in the year I did have up to another 6 'decent' watches, but I realised it was just too many and have trimmed that down. I also tend to still keep some in safe deposit so only have 2 or 3 in rotation at any one time.

EDIT: At one stage I had it down to 3 decent plus 2 G-Shocks. That crept up considerably at various points. https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...924&viewfull=1
    Last edited by ASW1; 26th December 2021 at 11:03.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LRS-AC View Post
    How many do you wear.
    Glancing down the spreadsheet, there are probably only seven or eight that I never wear. Some that I almost never wear but I like, and don't want to move on. Maybe ten or eleven that I wear reasonably often. A lot that are there really only due to inertia.

Around 16. There are 6 heirloom watches that won’t go anywhere.

I’m probably about where I want to be numbers wise but the ‘what’ changes with the next want.

I would be kidding myself if I said I didn’t like the thrill of the chase.

I’m at 37 pieces - I thought it was too many until I read this thread - don’t feel as bad now! About 50/50 mechanical/quartz so a decent mix. I would like to reduce and I think about it often but I just like watches and the variety that comes with different makes and types.

Master
    At a quick count I have 8 PAMs (3 luminors, 2 subs, 2 wire lug rads and a 1940 rad), 4 Rolex (all divers), 1 X Cartier (very dressy), Tudor (another diver), G shock, Ingersol (never worn), Tag (original F1, never worn), and a few fitness tracker type things.
    I have been working on one for one, eg when my 126610 arrived my exp2 polar had to go, but seriously pondering a huge downsize in 2022. Think I would be content with 3 PAMs and the Cartier for dress.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Had 40 plus at one time .
    Less is more these days for me I only have 3 now and a lot happier ,as I get to wear them regularly.
    Crazy hobby.

Craftsman
    14 and one incoming. Will try to sell 4/5 as it's a dilemma every 2 days...What shall I wear today? 10 is surely enough. 4 old Smiths, base Sinn, base Nomos, Muhle Glashutte M2, base Stowa, Junghans x 2 amonst them. Looking at the list it's England 4 v Germany 6 with another MG chronograph (38mm) incoming. Blimey, better get some more Smiths. Bugger!

Master
    Suffered a little 'mission creep' in the last year so, excluding the mandatory G-Shock, am currently at six. Since I think one smart and one sports works best for me, am intending to offload 4 asap in the new year.

I have 8. Three are Timefactors, and one is the Newmark 6BB reissue, so that makes a core group of 4. Then I have a Stowa, a Turtle, a Vostok with 24-hour movement, and a G-Shock vibe alarm, which I need, or so I tell myself, because I am losing my hearing.

I think 8 might be too many for me, smaller collections are appealing, but I am indecisive about selling any, and there are others that I would like to add. I am thinking about creating a spreadsheet and getting a watch box, but have not done so. If I had an 8-slot box, I could have 9 watches, 8 in the box and 1 on the wrist. Or maybe I should just enjoy what I have and not make any changes.

Master
    Blog Entries
    8. But it depends how you count.

Really I wear 4

Main watch. BB58
    Occasions. Explorer
    Sailing. Aquastar III
    Beater. Seiko quartz diver

Other watches are sentimental items that I have accumulated.

Blog Entries

………..
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    I own 4 Watches

Citizen eco - drive pilot style grab and go.

Seiko SKX009 that lives on a nato that I wear most of the time.

Breitling Steelfish from about 2008 that I wear going out, meals ect.

Omega SMP ceramic bezel that I bought new in 2017 that gets worn now and then, wearing it at the moment.

Hope your all having a great Christmas TZ'ers and all the best for the new year.

Matt

Sent from my MYA-L11 using Tapatalk

Master
    4 in and 2 out this year.
    Current total 11 - or 12 if I can find my Citizen Promaster diver, but the last time I remember wearing it, I was mixing concrete, so I might not see that again.

I’d like to get the collection to single figures but there are a number I’d like to add and only really one or two I’d be happy letting go.

Journeyman

how many watches

About 7 now, but really 4 in rotation and one (JLC reverso) that barely sees daylight unfortunately.

I’m down to only 2 - from 5 at the beginning of the year… a bit of consolidation and a bit of rationalisation. Sold a ceramic Daytona that I just wasn’t comfortable wearing anymore after a couple of unsolicited comments received, making me feel conscious of the rising value. Also sold my third Moonwatch (will I ever learn?)… So now just a SubC and a BLNR left.

Started this year with 17, and the intention of giving one away and selling a minimum of 3. This would have taken me down to 13 which feels about right.

So much for good intentions - I did give my Bulova Lunar Pilot to my youngest son for his 30th birthday, but I didn’t sell anything and I’m waiting for a Gruppo Gamma to be delivered! So then I’ll still have 17 .

Simon

few dozens...mainly Seiko that I sometimes wishing that they could be Rolex..

Master

Master
    Just worked out an approx. average so far. 1767 watches. 87 posts but only 82 reporting a figure.

This gives average ownership at approx. 21.55
    Last edited by Tiny; 28th December 2021 at 06:49.

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post

I separate mine into fancy/expensive and the rest. I've 5 of the former (4 Panerai and a Blancpain) one in between (a Sinn) and 4 'beaters' (Seiko Arnie plus 3 G-Shocks). A Garmin has been added this morning. Quite a contrast to the 40 odd fancy and 10 Casios I had less than a decade ago.
    I try not to think how much more my collection would be worth of I hadn't downsized it. I'm thinking at least double. However, thanks to the 'investment' grade nature of Rolexes these days I have no interest in them and instead just enjoy less common watches/brands and enjoy the hobby.
    Bloody hell! There is some great stuff on that table, did most of these sell through the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Just worked out an approx. average so far. 1767 watches. 87 posts but only 82 reporting a figure.

This gives average ownership at approx. 21.55
    Wow, that’s a lot more than I expected tbh - maybe those with larger collections are more likely to reply to this thread - but still!

Craftsman
    5 when my GS arrives later this week.
    3 'nice' watches - SMP / Doxa 'silverlung ' / GS
    1 fitness watch and an old Tag quartz that I never wear.

No more planned unless my name comes up in the Tudor FXD lottery

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Bloody hell! There is some great stuff on that table, did most of these sell through the forum?
    Yes, search on 2013 and I think most went through the Forum, some are still floating around.

Yes, search on 2013 and I think most went through the Forum, some are still floating around.
    I dread to think what some of those sold for back in 2013!

Master

Earlier in the year I did have up to another 6 'decent' watches, but I realised it was just too many and have trimmed that down. I also tend to still keep some in safe deposit so only have 2 or 3 in rotation at any one time.

EDIT: At one stage I had it down to 3 decent plus 2 G-Shocks. That crept up considerably at various points. https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...924&viewfull=1
    I wouldn’t have changed much from your initial picture. It looks like a dream to me

Around 120, but i have to recognise that sometimes the watch is used once and remain in the box. I Just realise that the passion is more the hunting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Struggled to sell a Soyuz for £3850, 11 days to sell a pro Gemini for £2200 and £4400 for the Submariner-116610-LN - rose tinted glasses in full effect now!!

Quote Originally Posted by rsteenekamp View Post
    Wow, that’s a lot more than I expected tbh - maybe those with larger collections are more likely to reply to this thread - but still!
    [mention]Tiny [/mention] did you figure out the mode?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Struggled to sell a Soyuz for £3850, 11 days to sell a pro Gemini for £2200 and £4400 for the Submariner-116610-LN - rose tinted glasses in full effect now!!
    Indeed :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    I wouldn’t have changed much from your initial picture. It looks like a dream to me
    I'd consider there to be a lot of duplication in there (most of the G-Shocks look exactly the same! )

I suspect there are some minor variations, but I can see why the collection was slimmed down.

Me, I've got about 60 watches.

Cheapest was £15 (A Casio), the dearest was about £2000, but is probably worth a fair bit more now.

No Rolexs, APs, JLCs or Blancpains in my collection.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 29th December 2021 at 11:03.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Me, I've got about 60 watches.
    I was curious about the mode. From a quick look, it appears people have said or described "about 60" more times than any other number.