closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ULEZ Charge - Auto pay

ULEZ Charge - Auto pay

Sorry for bringing up this ULEZ charge again. Wondering if anyone has registered for autopay?

I set up my account via speaking to an advisor as I couldn’t do it online. I’ve made about 6 or 7 trips now into the ULEZ zone, and no payment has been taken? They have my bank account details, as it’s collected via a monthly DD, yet no money been taken?
    I do have a covering letter that I requested to be sent to me as proof, after the initial 2 trips I made, payment had not been taken. Following a call, the advisor said maybe I just got lucky with a camera not working….

Hence, being concerned, they confirmed via mail that everything was in order.
    I have received no penalty notices to date, and hopefully will not do so.

Will have to waste more time on the phone to them today…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I signed up for a ULEZ account online a couple of days before the charge came in and received an account open acknowledgement from ULEZ.

A couple of days after the charge came into effect I went on a trip to the South Coast returning 4 days later.

About three weeks later I received a letter stating that I had made an unauthorised trip into the ULEZ zone (my outward journey) but on this occassion would just get a written warning. I rang the helpline and was told that although I had signed up for an account and given my bank details I had not ticked the box for autopay!

The lady opened an autopay account whilst I was on the phone and advised that if I received a fine for the return journey I could appeal it. This was about a month ago and I have not received any more correspondence for this journey.

I have since entered the zone twice on the 7 and 13 December and both these journeys are showing on my ULEZ account.

My bank account shows the £10 annual fee will be taken tomorrow. However, my ULEZ account shows two registration charges - one labelled as a credit so I will keep an eye on this.

Interesting.
    They have debited the £10 activation fee for the autopay account.
    After spending 30 minutes on the phone to a ULEZ team rep’ he confirmed all details
    are correct in relation to vehicle, reg, colour and my own personal details, bank accounts details, and confirmed my autopsy account number.

He told me I have not been charged for any trips on my account, as from what’s on his screen/my account, I have not made any, and not been picked up by any cameras. He said it’s doubtful if anyone will contact me as there’s nothing wrong wrong with my account.

Still leaves me a little worried…

Was finally told it’s their - TFL - problem…

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Norman View Post
    I signed up for a ULEZ account online a couple of days before the charge came in and received an account open acknowledgement from ULEZ.

A couple of days after the charge came into effect I went on a trip to the South Coast returning 4 days later.

About three weeks later I received a letter stating that I had made an unauthorised trip into the ULEZ zone (my outward journey) but on this occassion would just get a written warning. I rang the helpline and was told that although I had signed up for an account and given my bank details I had not ticked the box for autopay!

The lady opened an autopay account whilst I was on the phone and advised that if I received a fine for the return journey I could appeal it. This was about a month ago and I have not received any more correspondence for this journey.

I have since entered the zone twice on the 7 and 13 December and both these journeys are showing on my ULEZ account.

My bank account shows the £10 annual fee will be taken tomorrow. However, my ULEZ account shows two registration charges - one labelled as a credit so I will keep an eye on this.

The chances are some other poor sap is getting your charges. Don't worry, he'll get refunded no problem as there's photographic proof.
    And they aren't bothered about chasing the original car/owner who actually entered the zone.

The TFL autopay system is awful.

I've de-registered, which in itself took 8 weeks of palaver which could have come straight from a Franz Kafka story.

I was getting charged 2-6 times a month for entering the congestion charge zone, the pictures showed an entirely different car and reg number, the money is taken out before you get your monthly statement.

When i appealed they admitted it was a mistake and offered to credit my account, but i wanted a complete refund rather than TFL have my money accumulating, which at one stage was nearly £200.
    They finally agreed to a refund, payable by cheque.

After 10 months of receiving continuous charges per month i was fed up with constantly appealing and asked to be de-register, they said i can't as i had an ongoing appeal against charges at the time.
    Once they'd admitted the charges were a mistake i could de-register.
    So once that months appeal had been cleared i then tried again, they refused as the new monthly charging period had started.
    Here's the thing, you only got to see your monthly statement once the month was up, so when you appeal the next month has already started and you can't re-register. So in theory you can never get out of the system.

I now pay as i go for the once or twice a year i do enter the zone.
    Last edited by steptoe; 22nd December 2021 at 18:10.

I hope not…
    I can’t say when I go into the ULEZ zone, as it depends where I’m working - freelance landscape Gardener.
    I know I will forget to pay, hence setting up autopay.

I don’t like their system in that you get invoiced and pay monthly, which can be a considerable “hit”….when I contacted ULEZ team on Monday, I was up to 8 trips, I’m now on 12, so potential charges mounting up.

Equally for this poor sap here - me, I’m expecting a glut of £160 penalty notices at some point, although I shouldn’t worry, I’ve been told by TfL that’s it’s their problem, not mine, and I have the letter stating such above… still going to be a ball ache at some point…

Unfortunately, I don’t make TFL’s rules, I can only adhere to them.

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    The chances are some other poor sap is getting your charges. Don't worry, he'll get refunded no problem as there's photographic proof.
    And they aren't bothered about chasing the original car/owner who actually entered the zone.

The TFL autopay system is awful.

I've de-registered, which in itself took 8 weeks of palaver which could have come straight from a Franz Kafka story.

I was getting charged 2-6 times a month for entering the congestion charge zone, the pictures showed an entirely different car and reg number, the money is taken out before you get your monthly statement.

When i appealed they admitted it was a mistake and offered to credit my account, but i wanted a complete refund rather than TFL have my money accumulating, which at one stage was nearly £200.
    They finally agreed to a refund, payable by cheque.

After 10 months of receiving continuous charges per month i was fed up with constantly appealing and asked to be de-register, they said i can't as i had an ongoing appeal against charges at the time.
    Once they'd admitted the charges were a mistake i could de-register.
    So once that months appeal had been cleared i then tried again, they refused as the new monthly charging period had started.
    Here's the thing, you only got to see your monthly statement once the month was up, so when you appeal the next month has already started and you can't re-register. So in theory you can never get out of the system.

I now pay as i go for the once or twice a year i do enter the zone.