closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    My God! I think you are onto to something! How did no one see such a clear connection.

Of course, it has nothing to do with the very much known effect of vaccine protection degradation over time. Those pesky Israelis must have been given a heads up by the Yanks that Omicron was about to be released as the next wave as they started boosting in the Summer when they first saw the protection decline effect of BioNTech.

Those damned Pharma monkeys peddling their filth. You know the stuff that keeps many people alive but never cures them so they just have to keep taking their drugs every day and the money rolling in to find new discoveries, sorry I mean their new diseases! They are making billions off the back of sick people, who really don’t need to be sick, employing tens of thousands and paying huge amounts of tax as well as helping those import/export balances.

Your insightfulness is astounding and they must call you Sherlock Holmes in the Asylum
    You may get into trouble at work if you keep spilling company secrets.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Not only that, ‘they’ are also making it rain so they can sell umbrellas, and once a year they make it really cold so they can sell gloves. You just have to figure out who stands to gain from all this so called ‘weather’. QED.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Yes, very seriously.

As always, I cannot make up my mind if I am merely seeing a stupid person or someone who is pushing a malicious agenda.

If I had to guess, I would probably go for the first option though.
    Who would have an interest in driving up Covid numbers and fear? I hear this again and again, and nobody could give me a logical explanation who "they" are and what their motivation is.

Come on Raffe. Are you really dumbfounded over your question above?? No idea who might have an interest? Ask yourself, has fear ever been used to push agendas or to gain public backing before in history? Your answer will determine if you are as stupid as me…..

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Not only that, ‘they’ are also making it rain so they can sell umbrellas, and once a year they make it really cold so they can sell gloves. You just have to figure out who stands to gain from all this so called ‘weather’. QED.
    Not to talk about sunscreen, winter tyres and Christmas presents.

Time somebody did something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    Who would have an interest in driving up Covid numbers and fear? I hear this again and again, and nobody could give me a logical explanation who "they" are and what their motivation is.

Come on Raffe. Are you really dumbfounded over your question above?? No idea who might have an interest? Ask yourself, has fear ever been used to push agendas or to gain public backing before in history? Your answer will determine if you are as stupid as me…..
    You are correct. Churchill used fear to get people into the shelters in London and Coventry. That was evil.

And don't get me going about Aids. How the government bought shares in condom manufacturers and then made us afraid of unprotected sex. Unbelievable.

That green cross code man, total charlatan!

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I blame Tufty the squirrel. He instilled in me a life-long fear of crossing the road, so I now have to look both ways! The horror!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    A great, reasoned post walkerwek, but I am afraid some people here want easy answers, or see conspiracies in everything, and are not interested in reason.
    Paul, your post is spot on but preaching to some on here is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I blame Tufty the squirrel. He instilled in me a life-long fear of crossing the road, so I now have to look both ways! The horror!
    The "Charlie says" cat aswell. Can think of a few ways of skinning him!

Philips made people afraid of the dark in order to sell lightbulbs.

You may get into trouble at work if you keep spilling company secrets.
    Shush! You ain’t seen me right?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    The "Charlie says" cat aswell. Can think of a few ways of skinning him!

Good job Charlie never told us all not to talk to strangers on Internet Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Good job Charlie never told us all not to talk to strangers on Internet Forums!
    Lolz

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Read the science a little more carefully and try to join up your thinking! Also quit looking for sinister motives, you’ll do yourself a huge favour.

There’s no reliable evidence to indicate whether Omicron is likely to lead to less serious illness, the initial anecdotal information was from S. Africa and based on a very different age profile to the UK. As I understand it the data isn’t yet available and any suggestions that its less serious are hope rather than evidence- based optimism.

Antibodies are being shown to be less effective against Omicron than Delta, that’s broadly in line with expectations given the degree of mutation exhibited on the spike protein, but maintaining high levels of the slightly less effective antibodies has been shown to provide a reasonably high safeguard against serious illness. On that basis the case for getting booster jabbed ASAP is very strong if not quite overwhelming, even the vaccine- hesitant must accept that case.

Transmissibility has been proven to be higher, Chances of catching Omicron are higher, all the more reason to give yourself the best chance of avoiding serious illness and hospitalisation. I can’t see any conflicts in the logic in any of this.

I think people struggle to cope with a changing situation, but unfortunately that’s the nature of the beast.
    Vaccines will continue to play a major role and at the moment keeping up to date with vaccination is still the sensible option. The wider benefits in limiting the strain on the NHS have been discussed so I don’t need to re- emphasise that point, those who exercise their freedom of choice to not get vaxxed are potentially adding to the problem.

Yes, we may need a booster for the booster, but if the science dictates that’s the best option I don’t see a problem. Unfortunately there isn’t a quick easy fix to the pandemic, the experts tried to tell us that, but vaccination remains the best game in town. It’s disappointing that the initial 2 dose strategy hasn’t proved to be the panacea we hoped for but that’s no reason to be dismissive.

My advice to the refuseniks remains unchanged: stop moaning, stop looking for contrarian arguments and get jabbed......again! This is real life, not the 6th form common room.
    Good post - I would also add - South Africa is in summer now whereas we are in winter which may also make a difference on the as yet unknown effects of a rapidly spreading strain.

Secondly the vaccines were designed for the initial or possibly Kent variant and it seems almost inevitable to me that a revised vaccine will be needed at some point to better suit the newest mutations.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    It’s not twaddle and I’m not sure what you are going on about Sky because I would never quote them as a reliable source. If you read the thread and post #464 you will note I quote government figures that the majority of hospitalisations, and deaths are of vaccinated people. I’ve checked my sources I suggest you check yours.
    The majority of people admitted to hospital following car crashes are sober, but that doesn't mean measures to prevent drink driving are a waste of time.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    The majority of people admitted to hospital following car crashes are sober, but that doesn't mean measures to prevent drink driving are a waste of time.
    But we also don't stop and restrict people's freedom of driving on the assumption that you "might" drink drive do we?

Craftsman
    This is the problem with analogies - you end up arguing about aspects of the analogy that have little to do with the actual issue the analogy is meant to be addressing.

I am OK with restricting people’s freedoms a little bit over Covid if it means generally a better outcome for the majority.

A lot of so-called freedoms are actually privileges. It is a privilege to freely mix in an open, democratic society. If I have to wear a mask to do so then so be it. I don’t feel any loss of freedom, merely a conforming to a social rule that makes life a little better for everyone.

Drink driving is a different issue altogether.
    Last edited by Tatters; 12th December 2021 at 12:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    But we also don't stop and restrict people's freedom of driving on the assumption that you "might" drink drive do we?
    I don't know about the UK, but we do in my country. If you have been caught driving drunk, you will have to prove that you can stay sober for a period of time before you are allowed to drive again.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

Seems to me that the outlook of a person arguing against the loss of 'personal freedoms' is merely a manifestation of reluctance to change/conform - the same people would have argued against wearing seat belts or crash helmets.

It's not just about the individual, it's also about individuals doing their bit to protect others.

No, we restrict people's freedom to drive if they have been drinking because it impacts on how much danger they are likely to be to themselves and others. Not every drink driver will crash though, in the same way that not every unvaccinated person will contract the virus and pass it on. We know that not every drink driver will crash, but we make it illegal because we know they're far more likely to do so than a sober driver. The argument is that we restrict the activities of the unvaccinated because of a similar enhanced risk.

There is no freedom to drive.
    I as a subject of her majesty have an inalienable right to walk, cycle and ride a horse on the queens highway, the motorist is merely licensed and this privilege must be earned and can be revoked by the state at any time.

Her Majesty.

Just saying.

But that would mean nobody can drive?,

You have not really thought this through have you?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

Seems to me that the outlook of a person arguing against the loss of 'personal freedoms' is merely a manifestation of reluctance to change/conform - the same people would have argued against wearing seat belts or crash helmets.

It's not just about the individual, it's also about individuals doing their bit to protect others.
    Graphite. Pencils contain graphite not lead. Ruins the saying, but there you are.

Her Majesty.

Just saying.
    while my written English isn’t great I am no fan or the royal family (I’ll stop short just before advocating regicide/the guillotine) i purposefully do not capitalise things i despise that much.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    while my written English isn’t great I am no fan or the royal family (I’ll stop short just before advocating regicide/the guillotine) i purposefully do not capitalise things i despise that much.
    Ahh, noted.

I do the same sometimes. Don't have such a strong opinion about Lizzy though.

Ahh, noted.

I do the same sometimes. Don't have such a strong opinion about Lizzy though.
    Are you referring to Her Majesty the Queen?

Sorry you’ve such low self esteem.

Wow, what has the Royal Family ever done to you. Must have been really bad.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Booster jab appointments now available to book for under 40s as well - got mine booked for tomorrow morning

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Wow, what has the Royal Family ever done to you. Must have been really bad.
    Hello Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Sorry you’ve such low self esteem.
    Thanks for caring

Thanks for caring
    Whoosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Whoosh?
    insert facepalm meme here...

Got COVID!

Interesting paper published in the New England Journal of Medicine which happens to be the most respected medical journal in the World.

This study compared the boosted population to the vaccinated unboosted population in Israel. Obviously, this is in the Delta environment but still very reassuring in showing the benefit of BioNTech booster vaccinations on top of earlier double BioNTech vaccinations.

Reassuringly, numbers are small in both groups (death due to Covid-19 occurred in 65 participants in the booster group (0.16 per 100,000 persons per day) and in 137 participants in the nonbooster group (2.98 per 100,000 persons per day) but the boosted population had a reduction in mortality by 90%

This study is one of the first robust studies to show the short term benefit of being boosted but it doesn’t answer questions on long term protection or adverse events. Plus of course it doesn’t tell us anything about the booster protection vs Omicron. However it does confirm that vaccinated people really should consider getting the booster.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...=featured_home
    Last edited by paw3001; 14th December 2021 at 08:07.

Craftsman
    Double AZ here with 2nd dose in June

32 year old male

Got Moderna booster yesterday morning and by 10 hours later I felt like a bus has hit me

Aches, chills, extreme tiredness

All known side effects and would much prefer this than having COVID again which I has in Dec 2020

My wife also got her booster yesterday, previously double Moderna with no side effects and the booster hasn’t had any side effects

She also didn’t get hit very hard when we had COVID either and given the risk factors she would have versus me we weee surprised

I’m hoping that the side effects go away throughout today

Got COVID!

I was boosted with BioNTech yesterday on top of my previous 2 BioNTech vaccinations in June.

No side effects apart from a slight sore and stiff top of my arm.

Will happily take another booster if needed in 4-6 if it means that I no longer have restrictions on daily life and travel etc
    Last edited by paw3001; 14th December 2021 at 21:45.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    Double AZ here with 2nd dose in June

32 year old male

Got Moderna booster yesterday morning and by 10 hours later I felt like a bus has hit me

Aches, chills, extreme tiredness

All known side effects and would much prefer this than having COVID again which I has in Dec 2020

My wife also got her booster yesterday, previously double Moderna with no side effects and the booster hasn’t had any side effects

She also didn’t get hit very hard when we had COVID either and given the risk factors she would have versus me we weee surprised

I’m hoping that the side effects go away throughout today
    Same here but Im twice your age. The Moderna hit my wife and I like a bus. 24 hours later we were average, 48 hours all symptoms gone.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Same here but Im twice your age. The Moderna hit my wife and I like a bus. 24 hours later we were average, 48 hours all symptoms gone.
    I think it’s going the same way for me - been getting a bit better throughout the day. I’m not 100% yet so hoping tomorrow I’ll be grand

Master
    Based on people I know and what I have seen reported 2xAZ followed by Pfizer seems pretty much no issue whereas Moderna seems to hit people a fair bit for a day or so afterwards.

Wife had 2 AZ and had the moderna booster last Saturday, by the time we got home from Bath which is about 40 minutes her whole arm was throbbing.
    She felt rough at about 9pm and slept through until 11am Sunday morning. She got up as she didn’t want to spend all day in bed, went downstairs and fell asleep on the sofa until 6pm, I woke her for dinner where she ate about 3 mouthfuls and went straight to bed. Slept all night woke Monday morning and felt better so headed off to work. She came home at 10.30am like a zombie and slept most of the afternoon.
    Todays she been to work all day and is left with a dull headache, all of her school colleagues have had the moderna booster and similar story...knocked them sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Based on people I know and what I have seen reported 2xAZ followed by Pfizer seems pretty much no issue whereas Moderna seems to hit people a fair bit for a day or so afterwards.
    Same as I have observed. Had my SECOND Pfizer BOOSTER last week. No after effects.

Got COVID!

Not sure about that, I had my two AZ doses in July/August, just had the Pfizer booster yesterday and my left arm is aching like crazy, haven’t slept all night aching all over and chest and head are bloody on fire.

Had no reactions at al to the first two jabs.

When I got covid in the summer the only thing I noticed was a slight iffy feeling for about 12 hours and the loss of taste and smell.

Bloody covid, wish it would just p-.s off!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I had 2 x AZ followed by Moderna about 2 weeks ago, had an aching arm for 2 days but no other reaction. The nurse administering did ask which arm did I want the jab, said I wasn't fussed, she asked which was my dominant arm and she jabbed the other. Obviously the aching arm is very common.

Based on people I know and what I have seen reported 2xAZ followed by Pfizer seems pretty much no issue
    That wasn't my experience of the Pfizer booster. I was ok on the day, but my arm ached far worse and for longer than the 2xAZ jabs, and also my recent flu jab. I also had heavy cold symptoms on the day after, receding over 3 days.
    F.T.F.A.

It is strange how the jab affects everyone in a different way.
    I had the moderna booster on sat.
    Arm ached a fair bit more than my to previous Pfizer jabs but nothing major. It was the same as getting a dead arm as a kid. Mrs had the same Monday and can’t move her arm at all 48 hours after. Feels fine otherwise.
    My mother was knocked out by all three jabs, father didn’t have any symptoms what so ever.
    I had COVID in July and lost my sense of smell for 2 days other than that I would not have known I had it.
    It seems pot luck.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 15th December 2021 at 12:00.

I had Pfizer on top of two AZs last week.

Mildly aching arm for a couple of days (less so than the first AZ one, though - No symptoms at all on the second).

I do wonder if the aching/painful arm thing is simply a matter of how and where the needle is inserted, rather than a drug-related issue?

I have a pretty rubbish sense of smell anyway, so I could have continuous COVID!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    I don't get the aching arm comments. An aching arm is an effect of any injection...

Dreading my booster. Both Pfizer jabs absolutely wiped me out for a good 10 days.

For context, I’m generally very fit and healthy with no underlying health conditions. Friends and family have had barely no issues as well, only a very few I know who had similar issues like me.

Master
    I got boosted yesterday (Pfizer, the first two were AZ). Woke up at 3AM feeling a bit different and dehydrated. Difficult to get back to sleep. Tolerable migraine when I woke up again at about 0830, Dozed for 90 minutes then got up. Still have a headache and feeling rough and fragile. Expect I'll feel better tomorrow.

Wife received her dose of Pfizer at the same place 30 minutes earlier. Apart from a sore arm she seems as bright as a button.