closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1557

Thread: Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post
    I am in fact neither, I am sharing my experience's of Covid just like everyone else has done, once again. Sorry if my experience doesn't match your agenda.
    Nobody is doubting your experience, its the thinking behind the decision making that’s questionable, you were lucky, it’s patently obvious that many thousands just like you didn’t have your good fortune.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I dont have an opinion. I listen to science.
    Would that be the same scientific advice those who told us that if we all wore a mask we would be ok?

Or if we stayed 2 metres apart everything would be fine?

Or the ones that said if we had a substantial meal with our drink we wouldn't get covid?

Or if the pubs closed at 10pm we'd all be ok?

Or was it the ones who said if we wore a mask when standing but take it off when sat the world would be a safer place?

Or was it the ones 12 months ago said we were 15 million jabs away from freedom? (146 million later we're still in the same position)?

Or is it the scientists who said our NHS would be over run when 0% of the population wasn't vaccinated and we never got close to being over run, and now over 90% are vaccinated they now still think the NHS is at risk.....?

OR is it different science you seem so sure on?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    The more unvaccinated people like you that get Covid the better imho. That way they 'vaccinate' themselves and make it safer for the rest of us.
    Nice to see that there are human beings that understand heard immunity, antibodies, A symptomatic etc etc. Our immune system is incredible and has beaten much worse deceases over the years with no vaccine, nice to see some people still remember this and don't think its the vaccine or nothing.

You are exactly right.

Would that be the same scientific advice those who told us that if we all wore a mask we would be ok?

Or the ones that said if we had a substantial meal with our drink we wouldn't get covid?

Or was it the ones who said if we wore a mask when standing but take it off when sat the world would be a safer place?

Or was it the ones 12 months ago said we were 15 million jabs away from freedom? (146 million later we're still in the same position)?

Or is it the scientists who said our NHS would be over run when 0% of the population wasn't vaccinated and we never got close to being over run, and now over 90% are vaccinated they now still think the NHS is at risk.....?

Are you bigweb?

you have the same posting style

‘And your replies seem familiar

oh and you space out each sentence just like him

Probably just a coincidence.

Master

You seem to have a bit of difficulty sorting science from political policy?

Glad you were ok anyway, and best of luck for the next wave.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    You seem to have a bit of difficulty sorting science from political policy?

Glad you were ok anyway, and best of luck for the next wave.
    Political policy that take the scientists advice, and thanks.

i don’t think any reputable scientists actually said any of that.
    if they did, other scientists would show they were wrong, thats how science works, you can suggest a theory then it’s up to you and your peers to find out the facts.

Master
    Political policy that take the scientists advice, and thanks.
    The politicians have not always followed the science at all, despite what they may tell you.

I mean, which scientist said it would be ok to go into a pub and have a scotch egg?

Master
    Not wanting to prod the hornets nest here but for me it’s absolutely daft for the under 50s to be “ double / triple jabbed “ when there is virtually zero chance of any serious health implications from covid.

If all of the over 50 are vaccinated and the vulnerable why the big jab agenda ?

It’s been proven that the vaccines now do not stop transmission so in my eyes it’s absolutely pointless to continue the jab mantra.

As for the vaccine passport / football passport / night club passport that’s also ridiculous.

I’m double jabbed by the way !

Craftsman
    With this virus being the most studied pathogen in the last 2 years have we started to give any sort of pre hospitalisation treatment or are we still just a sending people home to "isolate" until they are put on a ventilator and in most cases its too late???

Just asking because we seem to have had enough time to develop vaccines and boosters but no treatment to cut viral load or treat patients...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    It’s been proven that the vaccines now do not stop transmission so in my eyes it’s absolutely pointless to continue the jab mantra.
    The vaccines do reduce transmission, but additionally they are protective, hence the fewer numbers pitching up in hospitals now despite the case numbers.

What is it with grown people going off the deep end? Honestly, I am fascinated.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Not wanting to prod the hornets nest here but for me it’s absolutely daft for the under 50s to be “ double / triple jabbed “ when there is virtually zero chance of any serious health implications from covid.

If all of the over 50 are vaccinated and the vulnerable why the big jab agenda ?

As for the vaccine passport / football passport / night club passport that’s also ridiculous.

'Virtually zero'. Mmmm........ but the consequence of that probability can be terminal.

As I opined to a friend who pushed back against the initial vaccinations ........."Go ahead, play the odds........ your grandkids have another 3 grandparents anyway. Oh! What size motorbike boots do you take?"

I'd like to thank royal mail for taking on the task of delivering PCR tests at what I'm sure is a reasonable cost to the tax payer, especially on bank holidays. It's a shame that at 7.15 this evening you decided my property was 'unaccessable' despite us all being home. Guess you'll have to charge us again for tomorrow when I'm sure we'll be far more 'accessable'

My reasons shouldn't concern you, It is my choice. I haven't, neither would i ask your reason in to having it, or not having it if you hadn't.
    Haha! Just what I thought when I asked the question, you would give a baseless defensive answer.

Believe what you want, you’ve just rolled the reaper dice..

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    Just asking because we seem to have had enough time to develop vaccines and boosters but no treatment to cut viral load or treat patients...
    How difficult do you think it is to develop anti-viral drugs? Have you given that any thought?

There's a good reason why effective anti-viral treatments are a rarity in medicine.......can you guess why?

Put it another way for you: which do you think was easier, developing vaccines or developing anti-viral drugs?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Are you bigweb?

you have the same posting style

‘And your replies seem familiar

oh and you space out each sentence just like him

Probably just a coincidence.
    I doubt it, Bigweb doesn`t sell replica watches!

With this virus being the most studied pathogen in the last 2 years have we started to give any sort of pre hospitalisation treatment or are we still just a sending people home to "isolate" until they are put on a ventilator and in most cases its too late???

2 oral medicines and an antibody therapy.
    surprised you haven’t heard of Paxlovid, Molnupiravir and Sotrovimab. its not like they haven’t been in the news since their approval.

Or are you thick as pig droppings with no idea or understanding on what you are talking about?

Clearly you are not interested in understanding the reasonings but to just reinforce your own ignorance because all the scientific explanations have been posted and reported many times across numerous sources. Your education has failed you and if you still don’t wish to understand and learn about basic scientific principles then that’s on you.

To be frank I have had enough of selfish, ignorant, fraudulent, asshats like you.

Not sure if you’re aware but quite a few people under the age of 50 have died.

In fact I’m pretty sure you are aware and are just trolling.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    surprised you haven’t heard of Paxlovid, Molnupiravir and Sotrovimab. its not like they haven’t been in the news since their approval.
    I have, yet non of these are being made available and are drowned out by the vax agenda. There is clearly alternatives to the vax, the above and like I said before there isn't just 1 way to deal with this (ie the vax).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Not sure if you’re aware but quite a few people under the age of 50 have died.

In fact I’m pretty sure you are aware and are just trolling.
    I’m not trolling at all.

The number is absolutely tiny with no underlying health conditions or obesity issues.

I have, yet non of these are being made available and are drowned out by the vax agenda. There is clearly alternatives to the vax, the above and like I said before there isn't just 1 way to deal with this (ie the vax).
    So taking modified mouse DNA that makes the virus mutate itself to death inside your body is preferable to having a spike protein made in your muscle so that when the real deal comes along (with the rest of the nasty cell attached) your immune system is primed and ready to deal with it?

i have asked antivaxers before and none have bothered to answer if they would have the mutant rodent juice if offered it on admission to hospital?
    Even though it’s “untested” “no way of knowing long term issues” “it changes your DNA” etc etc.

Grand Master
    But how effective are they? I was under the impression that they weren't brilliant.

There's little point in arguing with the anti-vaxxers, they'll stick to their preconceived notions based on their attitude rather than hard facts.

How any sane person can be anti-vax or even vaccine hesitant in the current scenario astounds me.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 3rd January 2022 at 22:34.

So taking modified mouse DNA that makes the virus mutate itself to death inside your body is preferable to having a spike protein made in your muscle so that when the real deal comes along (with the rest of the nasty cell attached) your immune system is primed and ready to deal with it?

i have asked antivaxers before and none have bothered to answer if they would have the mutant rodent juice if offered it on admission to hospital?
    Even though it’s “untested” “no way of knowing long term issues” “it changes your DNA” etc etc.
    Yes but you could always just take Hydroxychloroquine or a light up your back and be safe.

I’m not trolling at all.

The number is absolutely tiny with no underlying health conditions or obesity issues.
    But that’s not what you said. No caveat around underlying health issues was attached to your comment.

Irrespective, people are dying and the vaccine has been proven to reduce deaths.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    But how effective are they? I was under the impression that they weren't brilliant.

There's little point in arguing with the anti-vaxxers, they'll stick to their preconceived notions based on their attitude rather than hard facts.

How any sane person can be anti-vax or even vaccine hesitant in the current scenario astounds me.
    How can it astound you ? If you’re 30 for example with no underlying health conditions the chances of injury / death are higher from the vaccine than from covid.

For anyone 50+ or with health conditions etc then the vax is a no brainier. For everyone else I personally wouldn’t bother.

Master
    But that’s not what you said. No caveat around underlying health issues was attached to your comment.

Irrespective, people are dying and the vaccine has been proven to reduce deaths.
    It’s fairly obvious to get vaccinated if you have underlying health conditions isn’t it.

The vaccine hasn’t proven to reduce deaths in healthy under 50s as non were dying anyway that’s my whole point.

How can it astound you ? If you’re 30 for example with no underlying health conditions the chances of injury / death are higher from the vaccine than from covid.
    What?

Care to share your source for that?

It’s fairly obvious to get vaccinated if you have underlying health conditions isn’t it.

The vaccine hasn’t proven to reduce deaths in healthy under 50s as non were dying anyway that’s my whole point.
    So no under 50’s who don’t have underlying health conditions have died from Covid? Is that what you’re actually saying?

Nobody is dying from Covid. NOBODY.

https://twitter.com/AdamB1438/status...66769424232453

More here from Scientific American, so maybe not for those with allergies against science.

What?

I would also be interested in seeing the scientific evidence for this statement.

Master
    So no under 50’s who don’t have underlying health conditions have died from Covid? Is that what you’re actually saying?
    I’ve said earlier the number is absolutely tiny.

When you drill down further into the “ tiny “ figure the lines blur even further due to the “ had covid within last 28 days “ etc.

Just as a comparison 5k men under 50 commit suicide every year.

I’ve said earlier the number is absolutely tiny.

When you drill down further into the “ tiny “ figure the lines blur even further due to the “ had covid within last 28 days “ etc.

Just as a comparison 5k men under 50 commit suicide every year.
    What is the ‘tiny’ number then?

Master
    What?

It’s in the gov website.

Men under 30 with inflamed hearts and thromboembolic events ( whatever that is ). It was around 400 men when I read the info a couple of weeks back.

400 health under 30s have definitely not died in the uk since the pandemic began.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the ‘tiny’ number then?
    It isn’t even quantified the number is that small !

👇👇👇

Nobody is dying from Covid. NOBODY.

https://twitter.com/AdamB1438/status...66769424232453

More here from Scientific American, so maybe not for those with allergies against science.

It’s in the gov website.

Men under 30 with inflamed hearts and thromboembolic events ( whatever that is ). It was around 400 men when I read the info a couple of weeks back.

400 health under 30s have definitely not died in the uk since the pandemic began.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn’t even quantified the number is that small !
    Taking a view from NI, a fifth of people under the age of 60 whose Covid-19 deaths were recorded in the first 18-months of the pandemic had no underlying medical conditions.

Master
    Taking a view from NI, a fifth of people under the age of 60 whose Covid-19 deaths were recorded in the first 18-months of the pandemic had no underlying medical conditions.
    How many under 50 have no underlying health conditions that’s what we are talking about.

I’ve already stated I think everyone 50+ should be vaccinated and anyone below if they have health issues / obese etc.

Health issues and obesity are only a relative small detriment. The main risk factor is age and sex (being male), obesity is giving you something like three years age disadvantage, no more.

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1477277102764400645
    (much more myth debunking where this comes from)

Got COVID!

It’s pretty dispiriting when this stuff gets trotted out, ignoring all the science, and all the facts. Sometimes I feel we are in some dystopian post-truth society.

I’m an Emergency specialist, and I’m dealing with Covid daily.

You are talking absolute nonsense. I’ve seen people in their 30s die.

The vast majority of our ventilated patients are unvaccinated. Vaccines aren’t perfect, but they massively reduce your risk of death and critical illness.

FFS

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    It’s pretty dispiriting when this stuff gets trotted out, ignoring all the science, and all the facts. Sometimes I feel we are in some dystopian post-truth society.

The vast majority of our ventilated patients are unvaccinated. Vaccines aren’t perfect, but they massively reduce your risk of death and critical illness.

FFS

D

It’s heartbreaking to see this narrative.

This has been posted previously on the forum, but the message is important

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-covid-vaccine

D

It’s heartbreaking to see this narrative.
    I agree.
    Imagine working at the coalface and then coming home for a bit of downtime and then reading the misinformed drivel on here!? it must be exasperating.

Props to Helidoc.

This has been posted previously on the forum, but the message is important

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-covid-vaccine

D

Such an awful read.

However only one of a ‘tiny’ number according to the positioning earlier.

Just terrible.

I’m going to stick to Watch Talk, or I’ll go bonkers.

D

I just find it incredible what people believe and then decide life and death decisions off that belief and where it came from.

We could probably go so deep into the psych of society, discussing how we pride ourselves on technology, advancements in health and wealth but what’s the point of all this knowledge and medical advances if we decide to let a post from a Facebook Karen decide our life and death decision?

Ultimately it’s the individuals choice to what they believe but covid has shown that a lot of people are still very archaic and can be brainwashed very easily - even when their life possibly depends on it!!

Master

FFS

D

How many healthy people in their 30s have you seen die ?

Ah, the internet. I remember when it was for the elite, the considered, the thoughtful. Nowadays they just let any idiot on.

Still, threads like this do allow for a refresh of the ignore list from time to time.

Master

The vast majority of our ventilated patients are unvaccinated.
    Source please? Because it isn’t true. It’s about 50/50.

What you should have said is you have far more chance of ending up in ICU if you aren’t vaccinated but given the vast majority of people are vaccinated then the numbers ending up in ICU are similar. That isn’t saying the unvaccinated aren’t a problem though.
    https://twitter.com/statsjamie/statu...581959687?s=21
    Last edited by craig1912; 4th January 2022 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Source please?
    You heard it from the horse's mouth. I cannot believe what I am reading from people who I considered reasonably well educated before.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.