closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a kerb dropped, any idea of prices ?

There’s a house which I walk past on my nightly walk that has had metal railings installed by the council to stop the owner driving over the pavement to park his car.

But where my kids went to primary school, there was a council estate nearby and every other house there used to drive over the pavement to park but the same council did nothing?

I have just had a quote from a private council approved ground works contractor who has just started replacing the drive opposite me.

One day to complete the job, his price £1100 + £150 already paid to council + £240 to council for licence, total price going with contractor £1490.

Now waiting on the councils quote.

couple of thousand probably.

did one a few years ago, and interestingly immediately after receiving my deposit to drop the kerb, the council sent me a snot-o-gram reminding me that driving over the pavement is illegal without a dropped kerb.

took a few days - first day was a survey, then the next day someone came and dug it out, then a few days later someone came and did something to a drain, then the new kerb was put in and finally a day or so later the tarmac went down.

i had assumed it would be done in a day....

hope it goes well!

My quote has come in from the Council.

Council price £1169 + £150 initial payment so a total of £1319 against £1490 going with private contractor so the council will be doing the job :)

It has worked out better than I thought.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Not true. In Enfield the council put massive bollards up to block anyone who had a driveway without a dropped kerb. Will cost probably 10k to reverse that and that's if they let you.

now if a house ever had kerb appeal then that is not it

Master
    Blog Entries

Having a kerb dropped, any idea of prices ?

Would be great for a county lines enterprise.

Council did the work yesterday and they did a first class job, impressed.

Master
    Looks very good. We desperately need ours done. Had a quote from someone who said they would do it, but £3k !

Did the council themselves do it or an approved contractor?

Our is less-so the dropped kerb issue (we only need another metre or so really or can live without) it is more the fact that the pavement is in such bad condition, broken all over. Reported it to the council and they said they will not do anything about it so looks like they just want me to pay for it !

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Looks very good. We desperately need ours done. Had a quote from someone who said they would do it, but £3k !

Did the council themselves do it or an approved contractor?

Our is less-so the dropped kerb issue (we only need another metre or so really or can live without) it is more the fact that the pavement is in such bad condition, broken all over. Reported it to the council and they said they will not do anything about it so looks like they just want me to pay for it !
    The council did it, talking to the guys, dropped kerbs is all they do, they were pretty slick, worked hard and had all the kit plus the fact the council did it there can't really be any come backs (hopefully).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    The council did it, talking to the guys, dropped kerbs is all they do, they were pretty slick, worked hard and had all the kit plus the fact the council did it there can't really be any come backs (hopefully).
    That is great, wish my council offered this service !

Master
    Blog Entries

Having a kerb dropped, any idea of prices ?

Well I have been ticking off jobs to do on the house. Double kerb £2880, doubled an a year, quote was circa £1400 last time I checked.
    Last edited by Middo; 7th March 2023 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Well I have been ticking off jobs to do on the house. Double kerb £2880, doubled an a year, quote was circa £1400 last time I checked.
    Sheesh !!! That's a hell of a uplift !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Glad I did mine when I did and its worked out really good and as a bonus it has stopped cars from parking on the front.