closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Datejust 41 diamond dot

Rolex Datejust 41 diamond dot

Hi
    My son has come into an inheritance and wants to get a watch. He’s settled on a DJ and we went to an AD to see if they had one to try on. Looking at the website he fancied the Wimbledon dial on jubilee. In the store they had a diamond dot with a slate grey dial and he’s quite taken with it.
    Anyone on here got anything similar. Not my usual taste but it did look good in store although the pictures are a bit rubbish.

dell spacebar not working

Last edited by awright101; 1st November 2021 at 22:30.

Blog Entries
    That's rather nice.

A lot of people here whine about diamond dials but that to my mind looks nice. If your son likes it then why not. Nice to be able to buy any DJ from an AD at the moment!

Master
    I like the diamond dot DJs. Tried one on a few months ago, but wanted the blue dial. In the end I got one with batons, but would have been happy with diamonds

Master
    Blog Entries

Rolex Datejust 41 diamond dot

The grey dial datejust, fluted bezel is a fantastic watch. I would try on a 36mm too. Wears bigger than you think
    Last edited by Middo; 1st November 2021 at 22:51.

I suppose the questions us outsiders need to ask him is how well does he know his own tastes and what else does he have? That DJ is a pretty niche thing. Yes, it's nice, but would he look at it in years to come wishing it wasn't quite so blingy? Tastes change, fashions change.

Blog Entries
    Had a TT DJ41 and always regret flipping it. The main reason was a gold coloured dial with gold hands meaning it wasn’t the easiest to read.
    The 41 is a great watch imo but not keen on the slate dial. Haven’t seen on in real life though so might be different if I did.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Dont still have but I have had the rhodium diamond dot on oyster in the 41mm and really liked it.

Blog Entries
    Really, this is a Rolex DJ from an AD. Stop dithering, just buy it. :-)

It's not going to be terrible.

I'm not a diamond person but even I'd wear this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I suppose the questions us outsiders need to ask him is how well does he know his own tastes and what else does he have? That DJ is a pretty niche thing. Yes, it's nice, but would he look at it in years to come wishing it wasn't quite so blingy? Tastes change, fashions change.
    I tend to agree, a diamond dial is a pretty bold statement. Not one I would choose but YMMV.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    I tend to agree, a diamond dial is a pretty bold statement. Not one I would choose but YMMV.
    Interesting. I don't think it necessarily shows much unless the light happens to catch it.

It's not like the diamonds on a watch like this are massive and blingy, or that they cover the entire bezel or something. They are, in my opinion, pretty discreet.

I’ve got nothing against diamond dot dials but would question whether he really is taken with it or whether he just wants it because he wants a Rolex and this is the only one that the dealer will supply. If he’s taken with it then it’s the right choice for him, if he’s just settling for it because it’s the only one in the shop then it’s maybe not the right choice and he would be better off waiting for the Wimbledon dial. For me a mistake with my own money is part and parcel of this hobby, but making a mistake with an inheritance would hurt.

Grand Master
    For me, the Datejust and OP and the Explorer are the only Rolex models I’d consider, so I agree with his choice but I wouldn’t go for a diamond dial. He may be better biding his time and looking at a few variants, I wouldn’t rush into buying anything until he’s sure. Its a shame the ADs don’t have stock in abundance, that would help.

Craftsman
    I like it. I don’t think the pictures do it justice.. a friend of mine has the chocolate dial TT datejust with diamond markers and the markers are discreet most of the time but pop in the right lighting. One of the few diamond pieces I’d consider. Been badgering my AD for a diamond dot Daytona on oyster flex for a little while

As said it’s his choice

It’s not offensive, I do like batons though, but the diamonds would not put me off

Just buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally not my choice but I've seen these in person and think they are particularly striking!

Even more so on a jubilee with fluted bezel, it looks v striking

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk