closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knives, some advice…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Wow, excellent work. This is something that deeply impresses me.
    Thanks, nice to know you like it.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Thanks.

The best one is always the one that suits your needs.

This is my most used knife outside the kitchen. Buck 364, Heinnies had them on sale a while back. Small, light and sharp.

My edc is either the Byrd Tern or my Favourite is the Boker Wasabi tanto flipper. G10 scales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With your budget and intended use I would be recommending a smallish trekking axe for the heavier chopping/shaping , and then a nice manageable size bush crafter blade for smaller cutting tasks, carving, feathering, food prep etc If it’s the two of you then you can have also split up the tasks with two such tools.

Look at Hultafors for axes, loads of choices for the bushcraft / field craft blades - Tops, Bark River , Fallkniven , Brisa/Enzo plus many of the great names already covered in the thread.

if you are set on one knife for everything inc. chopping and batoning then the Tops Tacoma has some good references, but fairly large, Fallkniven S1 Pro amongst a few.

If your feeling really flos you could rig it out with some custom leather : https://www.woodlanderleather.co.uk/...ife-sheath.php
    Last edited by I AM LATE!; 4th November 2021 at 19:11.

Journeyman

Perhaps consider an Emberleaf 'bespoke' knife

Hi

I had a made to my spec (blade shape, thickness, sterel and scales) Emberleaf knife, regret moving it on.....they do some interesting styles/designs including Bushcraft type.

Link - https://emberleaf.com/

No affiliation but very happy with the outcome, 2 young fellahs starting out few years back.

L-K

This thread is becoming a knife encyclopaedia! So much info! Brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Hultafors OK4 with a (seperately sold) firesteel; that one has a decent finger guard for the kid.
    Terävä Jääkkaripuukko 110 or 140 (to be had from Finland at Varusteleka, Helsinki) https://www.varusteleka.com/en/produ...on-steel/63681 . The leather sheath is quite good. Indestructable knife.
    Mora (of course): standard Companion in stainless steel (just as good as if not better that their carbon steel; don't get the thicker HD, it cuts much worse as the grind is too steep), Kansbol.

You don't need to spend hundreds to get a good, functional knife. In most cases anything above 50 bucks/pounds/euros ex shipping and ex sheath (if the sheath can be had as an option) is just to make it prettier, not neccessarily better.

Don't forget a decent pocketable sharpening stone as any knife will go dull at some point.