closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    MN21 watches are limited to an initial run of 150 in the UK according to Tudor AD's. Numbers are not known for next year but will likely be higher given it will be a full 12 month run for the MN22.

People are therefore speculating that the 2021 run will be more rare/valuable in the future.

For me that is not worth worrying about with Tudor, any premium is likely to be modest imo.
    The way I have seen these pop up on social media in a matter of days, 150 sounds like a low number.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve just had a call from Mallory’s in Bath that they have a Pelagos fxd for me. He said it’s the only one they’ve had. Hoping that it’ll be MN21.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I’ve just had a call from Mallory’s in Bath that they have a Pelagos fxd for me. He said it’s the only one they’ve had. Hoping that it’ll be MN21.
    It will be

Cool

Tried this on this week. Nice watch and I’ll be getting one in 2022 but think I can live without the MN21 on the case back…..

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    It will be
    Yay :-)…………..Correct!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I never imagined it would be easier to get one of these than an Everest Silver Jubilee. Well pleased :-)

Last edited by trident-7; 23rd December 2021 at 21:25.

Getting a Rolex sports is easier than getting a TF watch. I still say this is my favourite current watch. You've done really well getting it and it's stunning.

I never imagined it would be easier to get one of these than an Everest Silver Jubilee. Well pleased :-)

Got the call today. The manager said it's the only one they will get this year. I was very surprised as I'm no big spender, and it was a branch of WOS.

I like the style of the strap, it's very similar to the one made by gasgasbones which I have on 4 other watches. I was originally afraid that the 42mm case size and over 50mm lug to lug would be too big for me but turns out its fits just fine. My wrist size is 165mm.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zen123; 23rd December 2021 at 23:32.

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Got the call today. The manager said it's the only one they will get this year. I was very surprised as I'm no big spender, and it was a branch of WOS.

I like the style of the strap, it's very similar to the one made by gasgasbones which I have on 4 other watches. I was originally afraid that the 42mm case size and over 50mm lug to lug would be too big for me but turns out its fits just fine. My wrist size is 165mm.

Good work fella.

Enjoy

Giving us all hope. Congrats & enjoy.

Master
    I haven’t read the full thread, but why the questions about the bi-directional bezel?

delighted to join the 'MN' Club...as I understand there are 150 UK '21's' 2 retained by Tudor so 148 out there ?...but hey 21 / 22 / 23 its just a really nice watch and dare I say 'good value'...

Its a very well thought through model and wears well on a 6.75 wrist I think the 52 lug to lug is a bit misleading as the Fixed lugs shape well to wrist...remains to be seen if the Velcro sorry hook and loop stands test of time but toying with some 'Single pass' Nato alternatives ....

That Lume !!
    Last edited by TKH; 24th December 2021 at 07:26.

You're absolutely right about the lug to lug being misleading. I think it's measured from the middle of the lug bars which bow out a bit. Measured from the tip of the lugs themselves, it's under 50mm. The centre of the lug bars is covered by the strap so you don't see it. Given this and that it's a bit thinner, I think it wears really well. A photo on my skinny 17cm wrist:

I really like the symmetry of the dial and how the dial is really close to the crystal - looks very cool. I think this might be Tudor's best modern diver.

I didn't realise there were so many 21s on the forum.
    Congratulations gents.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I didn't realise there were so many 21s on the forum.
    Congratulations gents.
    2 more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying it on the Erika Denim.

2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

The 52 lug to lug IS misleading and as far as I can see it’s because the strap emerges 2mm inside the lug width at either end because the fixed lugs mean the full lug2lug isn’t where the straps come out.
    It also feels largely similar in size to the Pelagos albeit thinner
    Regarding the straps they are nice but I doubt I’ll wear them. Already ordered a couple that appeal more including an erikas that should be here today or next Wednesday when Royal Mail resumes. In the meantime I’ve tried it on various straps and tbh love it on all of them. These might be my favourite so far tho

Incidentally Tudor natos work just fine as the second one shows
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 24th December 2021 at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by joaocpneves View Post
    2 more!

You bought two?

That is a good look on the denim erikas

Master
    Blog Entries
    What’s the leather one Rusty?

What’s the leather one Rusty?
    Just a single pass leather I had knocking around. No idea of brand but prob a £30 strap or something

The 52 lug to lug IS misleading and as far as I can see it’s because the strap emerges 2mm inside the lug width at either end because the fixed lugs mean the full lug2lug isn’t where the straps come out.
    It also feels largely similar in size to the Pelagos albeit thinner
    Regarding the straps they are nice but I doubt I’ll wear them. Already ordered a couple that appeal more including an erikas that should be here today or next Wednesday when Royal Mail resumes. In the meantime I’ve tried it on various straps and tbh love it on all of them. These might be my favourite so far tho

Incidentally Tudor natos work just fine as the second one shows
    Looks awesome!

Master
    I like this fixed bar Tudor, if I ever bought a Tudor, this would be the one. Anything that doesn’t involve spring bars, is a positive. Congratulations on the collections.

Never tried one but looking at 'Petay's' pics I think I will order a Erikas in denim or maybe even a blue with white centre 'lume' thread...

are the Erikas as thick as a decent Nato ?...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Never tried one but looking at 'Petay's' pics I think I will order a Erikas in denim or maybe even a blue with white centre 'lume' thread...

are the Erikas as thick as a decent Nato ?...
    Thicker. Best straps going as far as I’m concerned. I’ve got 10 watches, 5 of them are permanently on an Erika’s!

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Thicker. Best straps going as far as I’m concerned. I’ve got 10 watches, 5 of them are permanently on an Erika’s!
    Right then ...debit card in hand....

thanks for the Thumbs up...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I echo Skip’s comments. They are excellent quality, customisable and elasticated (makes them really comfortable and you can get an absolutely perfect fit with the strap adjust system)

Postman just delivered mine. Wears like a dream and for me this is just the perfect colour combo for this watch.

Lovely Rusty, great photos too!

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Lovely Rusty, great photos too!
    Absolutely, I concur, super watch on the perfect strap.

I'd like to see Rolex do a fixed bar Sub in the same style.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like the strap that comes with the watch. They’re made by Julien Faure on ancient looms. Quite fascinating:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/vi...y-julien-faure

I really like the strap that comes with the watch. They’re made by Julien Faure on ancient looms. Quite fascinating:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/vi...y-julien-faure
    I do too. Just wish they hadn’t stuck Velcro on it afterwards

Postman just delivered mine. Wears like a dream and for me this is just the perfect colour combo for this watch.
    That strap does look good. Had a quick look their website I'm kinda digging the stealth black

Master
    That strap does look good. Had a quick look their website I'm kinda digging the stealth black

All black ops is a solid choice 😎

Journeyman
    love it. Still debating between BB GMT and Pelagos

Craftsman
    I've got to say this watch looks like it was born to be on an Erika's. Best straps out there for the money as far as I'm concerned. I imagine it would look great on the Erika's 'trident' strap

Master
    Blog Entries
    Despite my moniker I’ve gone for the original MN strap from EO. If anybody hates the supplied blue fabric strap & would consider selling it, I may well be interested in buying a spare.

Something I’ve only just noticed about the bezel insert is that, looking at the twelve five minute sections of the countdown, 8 of them have three minute markers & 4 of them have four.

Absolutely loving this watch so far.

Despite my moniker I’ve gone for the original MN strap from EO. If anybody hates the supplied blue fabric strap & would consider selling it, I may well be interested in buying a spare.

Something I’ve only just noticed about the bezel insert is that, looking at the twelve five minute sections of the countdown, 8 of them have three minute markers & 4 of them have four.

Absolutely loving this watch so far.
    Re the minute markers it’s quite a common thing across various brands including Rolex.

Took this picture yesterday and can’t stop looking at it . It is very photogenic

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just saw a few FXD at chrono24 with MN22 at caseback, no more MN21?

Quote Originally Posted by joaocpneves View Post
    Just saw a few FXD at chrono24 with MN22 at caseback, no more MN21?
    21 for 2021 and 22 for 2022 and so on

Journeyman

Just listened to the hodinkee podcast and I really want to try one of these. Always liked the LHD, but I really love this.

Craftsman
    21 for 2021 and 22 for 2022 and so on
    I put my name on the waiting list at Goldsmiths and Beaverbrooks in the Trafford Centre back in early January. Was told I was 3rd on one list and 6th on another, they had seen 1 and 3 watches come in with 21 on back and from now expecting 22 and so on but not expecting to get many each year as they said Tudor were not making many?

Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post
    I put my name on the waiting list at Goldsmiths and Beaverbrooks in the Trafford Centre back in early January. Was told I was 3rd on one list and 6th on another, they had seen 1 and 3 watches come in with 21 on back and from now expecting 22 and so on but not expecting to get many each year as they said Tudor were not making many?
    I’m #2 at an AD in london and not a whiff yet. Apparently they’ve only had one.

Re the minute markers it’s quite a common thing across various brands including Rolex.

Took this picture yesterday and can’t stop looking at it . It is very photogenic
    Nice to see that you got one. You have been a Tudor fanboy for years now and owned most models, so well done.

Will these remain limited or is this just typical Tudor, like when the GMT and Harrods came out. Desirable and hard to get at first, even selling for premiums, but over time those who really wanted one were able to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Nice to see that you got one. You have been a Tudor fanboy for years now and owned most models, so well done.

Will these remain limited or is this just typical Tudor, like when the GMT and Harrods came out. Desirable and hard to get at first, even selling for premiums, but over time those who really wanted one were able to get one.
    Yes I was lucky Ken. Had to get new strap almost immediately cos I don’t like the OEM ones. The model is not limited at all, just an addition to their line up. The 2021 version with MN21 on the caseback had a very short run (October to 31st December) so it will become desired I’m sure. Apart from the caseback number there’s no difference to the 2022 model.

Craftsman
    One MN21 on Ebay for 6.5k buy it now.

Two MN22s on C24 for c. 5k

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I've decided I need one of these in my life and the local AD have added me to a list while ever so politely suggesting I pop in and see if there's anything else I'd like to buy while I wait.

It'll be a long wait I reckon as I won't play the game they'd like me to.

Won't mind the wait as if I was designing my perfect watch a titanium, no date, fully brushed, fixed lug watch would probably be it (maybe in black tbh)

Hopefully the hype will die off quickly
    Last edited by acg; 18th February 2022 at 12:43.

Popped in the other day as I was passing to see where mine is. I’m meant to be second on the list. They said they’ve only seen one so far and are hoping to get more around the new financial year.

Just reading this thread when I received a call from the AD where I am on the FXD waiting list.
    Time to dust off the credit card?
    No, in the absense of any news they were just ringing to see if I wanted a normal Pelagos, which I don't as I already have one.
    They have no idea when they will be getting their next one(s?) into stock.
    Ho hum

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Popped in the other day as I was passing to see where mine is. I’m meant to be second on the list. They said they’ve only seen one so far and are hoping to get more around the new financial year.
    Exactly the same here, although I didn't get the new financial year info. Just we haven't had any more since the one and only example they received late last year.

I've not heard about/seen any M.N. 22 versions in the UK yet, anyone else?