closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart

Craftsman

Steinhart

Iam interested in getting a type b dial pilots watch and steinhart seem to offer some good value models.Does anybody have experience of them also are there any other good brands around the same price point

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I think I would look at a Laco or Archimede first they have a following when it comes to those watches and i have a feeling quality is a step up as well. Stowa makes them as well and there is another I can't remember right now that is frequently mentioned on the forum.

Steinhart make perfectly good watches. I had a B type, it was pretty great and I've missed having one ever since. I liked the crown on it better than the current ones though, so haven't gone back.

Alternatives: Laco and Stowa if you want to go "authentic" as these were two of the brands who originally made the watches but you'll pay a bit more. Similar price point... I don't think there's really anything out there with a B dial that competes with Steinhart for the money. Perhaps some of the Laco models, have a look.

Craftsman
    Steinhart have a good reputation for quality watches at very reasonable prices. I've had their Ocean One GMT for a number of years and apart from my own stupidity (dropping it on a tiled floor) it's been very reliable. When I did need it I found their customer service to be excellent.

Banned
    The hands aren't heat blued on Steinharts if that's important to you. Also I've found on some of their other watches (OVM and Apollon) the hands are cut relatively roughly and you can see it on the sides of the hands. Most other things seem very good for the price though.

It might be worth having a look at earlier Fortis pilots watches, dependant on budget.
    In my experience the quality of Fortis is superior to the others mentioned. (Stowa excluded).
    I had a Steinhart big pilots with B dial and did not really like it. The case shape is very different to other big pilots watches, much thicker and chunkier. (more like a modern IWC)

Great watches and great value case shape a bit chunkier than Lacos equivalent offering. Prefer the Steinhart crown action from my own experience. Most are Unitas movement and solid and reliable and Cheap to service.

Master
    Dekla also do pilot watches, similar money to Steinhart. I have another one of their models (so can't comment on how good their pilot range is) and am very happy with the quality. And you can customise them.
    Last edited by Bondurant; 12th August 2021 at 08:13.

There's nothing wrong with the Steinhart at all, excellent watches. However you could get a Laco that has heritage and history with type Bs that will match the quality of the Steinhart and come in cheaper. Here's a link to FCW and if you use the 'Make us an offer' button you'll get it for low £300s.

https://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/...16902-p-52180/

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the good advice plenty of food for thought

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app