closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,450 of 4936

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    But it’s mainly cons not pros I am seeing….price, range, faff factor, insurance all worse with an EV…and who really wants to give their own money to Elon or the Chinese…I will keep watching this space though, interested how the situation develops.
    See what you want to see, all I can say is that in nine years driving my van (with a tiny battery), range has not been an issue, it’s saved me the cost of a brand new van over my previous diesel van, if you consider plugging it in to the mains a faff then, yes, there’s a faff but much less than going to a petrol station and my insurance has been less than my other van. Granted, I’ve not renewed this year yet.

My van is a Nissan so it’s the Japanese who got my money.

But it’s ok, you keep spouting all these cons which don’t necessarily exist.

Just to add, my daughter is looking at an XC40 and, whilst the monthly payment is more for the EV than the ICE, when the money she spends on fuel is added into the equation, EV is a fair bit cheaper than ICE.

Master
    But it’s mainly cons not pros I am seeing….price, range, faff factor, insurance all worse with an EV…and who really wants to give their own money to Elon or the Chinese…I will keep watching this space though, interested how the situation develops.
    Plenty of EVs made by non-Chinese companies or Tesla, not sure why that’s a barrier, similar to pricing, range or ‘faff’, whatever that means for you.

If only people agonised in a similar way over other ‘non-decisions’ in their lives, like which long haul flight they weren’t going to take next or which ethical investment they weren’t going to make. Most dissenting people in this thread aren’t ever going to buy an EV, which is absolutely fine, just like all those people who never used to watch Top Gear but gave their opinion on it from when William Woollard was the presenter… :-D

But it’s mainly cons not pros I am seeing….price, range, faff factor, insurance all worse with an EV….
    These factors might be the case for some, but others have different perspectives and experiences. Insurance on our diesel Octavia shot up far more than the (Japanese) EV, it is still less but not by much and it should be for a ten year old car. Driving the EV is far more pleasant than the diesel or our recently departed petrol Fabia. The advantage of the Octavia is range and more luggage space so it's useful for college runs but otherwise barely gets a look in as a full tank costs £60 for the same miles as £10 of charge. The diesel also costs a lot more to service and to use in the ULEZ. We'll review when the Octavia is on its last legs in a few years time, really can't see us replacing it with another ICE.

I'll probably buy something like a a petrol VW up! in the next few months as a short-term thing for our youngest to learn in but other than practice I expect that it will sit on the driveway.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    See what you want to see, all I can say is that in nine years driving my van (with a tiny battery), range has not been an issue, it’s saved me the cost of a brand new van over my previous diesel van, if you consider plugging it in to the mains a faff then, yes, there’s a faff but much less than going to a petrol station and my insurance has been less than my other van. Granted, I’ve not renewed this year yet.

My van is a Nissan so it’s the Japanese who got my money.

But it’s ok, you keep spouting all these cons which don’t necessarily exist.

Just to add, my daughter is looking at an XC40 and, whilst the monthly payment is more for the EV than the ICE, when the money she spends on fuel is added into the equation, EV is a fair bit cheaper than ICE.
    Eh luxury then, nice, a safe car with good boot space by all accounts…price seems fairly toppy to me, 50 or 60 large thereabouts it appears, phew price of an house a generation ago!,,,but heck you can’t take it with ya. Not sure it’s range is as quoted…293 miles, so 200 to what maybe 230 in the real….maybe your daughter could give feedback if she gets one….Good luck to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Plenty of EVs made by non-Chinese companies or Tesla, not sure why that’s a barrier, similar to pricing, range or ‘faff’, whatever that means for you.

If only people agonised in a similar way over other ‘non-decisions’ in their lives, like which long haul flight they weren’t going to take next or which ethical investment they weren’t going to make. Most dissenting people in this thread aren’t ever going to buy an EV, which is absolutely fine, just like all those people who never used to watch Top Gear but gave their opinion on it from when William Woollard was the presenter… :-D
    Indeed T…the un examined life not worth living, not agonising at all though to be considerate.

I refer to Tesla and Chinese vehicles because my rudimentary searches of the market do suggest that at present it’s Tesla and MG products with best range on offer….MG at the affordable end, Elno at the other.

Diesels…noisy smelly things.
    Last edited by Passenger; 26th January 2024 at 09:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    These factors might be the case for some, but others have different perspectives and experiences. Insurance on our diesel Octavia shot up far more than the (Japanese) EV, it is still less but not by much and it should be for a ten year old car. Driving the EV is far more pleasant than the diesel or our recently departed petrol Fabia. The advantage of the Octavia is range and more luggage space so it's useful for college runs but otherwise barely gets a look in as a full tank costs £60 for the same miles as £10 of charge. The diesel also costs a lot more to service and to use in the ULEZ. We'll review when the Octavia is on its last legs in a few years time, really can't see us replacing it with another ICE.

I'll probably buy something like a a petrol VW up! in the next few months as a short-term thing for our youngest to learn in but other than practice I expect that it will sit on the driveway.
    I could be wrong but EV’s do seem to be more likely in homes with another vehicle or 2 on the drive which kinda undermines the consume less let’s save civilisation thing…though certainly not pointing any fingers over that or trying to imply EV s alone are the answer.
    Last edited by Passenger; 26th January 2024 at 09:34.

P, I think you’re erring.
    No one buying an EV pretends saving the planet. Most people are reasonably selfish when it comes to their daily life. You will also find that while the outlay is different, your phones and computers come mainly from China, and people change them way more often than cars.
    I am personally convinced an EV would be perfect for you, from the mental picture one developed from reading the snapshots of lifestyle you post. And with the weather you experience year round solar means your car would cost you virtually nothing to maintain.
    However this question should only arise when your current vehicle stops fulfilling your needs.
    I am not sure EV are the long term solution for personal transport. I am reasonably sure they will be for my lifetime. Despite the range that will lose us a day whenever we drive to France and back for a fortnight (assuming the car I’ll buy doesn’t do fast charging), my next car will be electric because the savings in maintenance and fuel will make it the logical choice. But that next car isn’t on the radar yet because the ones we have serve their purposes.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I could be wrong but EV’s do seem to be more likely in homes with another vehicle or 2 on the drive which kinda undermines the consume less let’s save civilisation thing…though certainly not pointing any fingers over that or trying to imply EV s alone are the answer.
    I think you're right that they make the most sense as a second car, but disagree about that undermining the reduced consumption point. Plenty of families need more than one car to give the flexibility to cover work, kids and pets etc. However good a car is, it can only be in one place at a time.

Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Personally I live in a rural area where there is literally no public transport between my home and employer, same for my wife and my son. Distances and country roads mean a bicycle is just not viable for any of us either. No car, no job. My commute is the longest (and I do it most often) so it makes sense I use the EV purely from a financial perspective and it also gets used for most family trips. Our 2 petrol cars are modern with minimal emissions compared to larger engined/older cars. If we lived in a city in our old terraced house we wouldn’t have access to a home charger, we’d still run a car - so probably petrol. Everybody’s situation is different.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I think you're right that they make the most sense as a second car, but disagree about that undermining the reduced consumption point. Plenty of families need more than one car to give the flexibility to cover work, kids and pets etc. However good a car is, it can only be in one place at a time.
    I think we, some of us I guess and good luck n gods bless to all, we might see a time when our rights to private cars are limited to 1 per household, for the greater good, whether public transport improves to take up the slack…EV mini bus fleets operating locally perhaps for commuters *, better cycle and e cycle lanes and such hmmm, maybe, anyway I digress…I grew up with a bike and public transport, a no car household for my first 18 years …it was OK ish though not brilliant sometimes, so maybe my perspective is skewed.

*potentially many more folks will be working from home by this point, so the 1 car per household wouldn’t be so traumatic.
    Last edited by Passenger; 26th January 2024 at 15:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    P, I think you’re erring.
    No one buying an EV pretends saving the planet. Most people are reasonably selfish when it comes to their daily life. You will also find that while the outlay is different, your phones and computers come mainly from China, and people change them way more often than cars.
    I am personally convinced an EV would be perfect for you, from the mental picture one developed from reading the snapshots of lifestyle you post. And with the weather you experience year round solar means your car would cost you virtually nothing to maintain.
    However this question should only arise when your current vehicle stops fulfilling your needs.
    I am not sure EV are the long term solution for personal transport. I am reasonably sure they will be for my lifetime. Despite the range that will lose us a day whenever we drive to France and back for a fortnight (assuming the car I’ll buy doesn’t do fast charging), my next car will be electric because the savings in maintenance and fuel will make it the logical choice. But that next car isn’t on the radar yet because the ones we have serve their purposes.
    SJ hats off you’ve read my mind, climatically perfect, blessed mostly with good roads, have a drive! I just need to keep running, maintain and enjoying the Skoda for now see how the next couple or 5 years pan out developmentally for EVs, prices etc Also look into the numbers on the house solar idea, talk to my Yank mate who recently installed it at his beach house,.

…I grew up with a bike and public transport, a no car household for my first 18 years …it was OK ish though not brilliant sometimes, so maybe my perspective is skewed.
    Well it really depends where you grew up. In a city or out in the sticks. And even if it was in the latter, your journeys probably involved riding or walking to a reasonably local school, and your mates where both local too and using the same means of transport.
    In our village there is no public transport to go to work and back (there is a bus but it doesn’t allow you to arrive before 10:30 in town and comes back around 4:30). There are a couple of school buses though, but not enough for the different secondary schools local children can access. However, while we may be in the caption area of 4 or 5 schools, they cover each a total of a much larger area that would make visiting your school friends a potential 90 minutes ride one way. With many more cars on the road than when you were a lad.
    So the lifestyle has changed. Cars are just the answer we found to adapt to those changes. EV are again the answer to reduce the impact both on finances and environment to keep the adaptation we had, as lifestyle itself is evolving at its own rhythm, like the Covid induced work from home movement that looks set to remain.

Well it really depends where you grew up. In a city or out in the sticks. And even if it was in the latter, your journeys probably involved riding or walking to a reasonably local school, and your mates where both local too and using the same means of transport.
    In our village there is no public transport to go to work and back (there is a bus but it doesn’t allow you to arrive before 10:30 in town and comes back around 4:30). There are a couple of school buses though, but not enough for the different secondary schools local children can access. However, while we may be in the caption area of 4 or 5 schools, they cover each a total of a much larger area that would make visiting your school friends a potential 90 minutes ride one way. With many more cars on the road than when you were a lad.
    So the lifestyle has changed. Cars are just the answer we found to adapt to those changes. EV are again the answer to reduce the impact both on finances and environment to keep the adaptation we had, as lifestyle itself is evolving at its own rhythm, like the Covid induced work from home movement that looks set to remain.
    Oh definitely the sticks my friend…rural Lincs! And not the good bit. We rode the local bus like anyone else, no school buses for Us….Luxury a school bus!

So the lifestyle has changed. Cars are just the answer we found to adapt to those changes.
    Indeed. Public transport has declined, cars have become more affordable and many spouses have joined the workforce. Most multi-car households do it out of necessity, in our case it is so that my wife can be a full-time carer which involves a lot of running around simultaneous to my commute, and neither of our routes are adequately served by public transport. It is obviously easier for multi-car households to transition to EV so I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case for a large proportion of the take-up, but that's not a bad thing and I know plenty of people who viably run one as their sole vehicle. These are privately purchased and tend to be at the lower end of the spectrum; Zoes, e-208s, e-C4s, Leafs, Corsas, etc.

Oh definitely the sticks my friend…rural Lincs! And not the good bit. We rode the local bus like anyone else, no school buses for Us….Luxury a school bus!
    But at least there were buses back then. I grew up on a farm in Yorkshire and had a pushbike or used buses.

My daughters grew up here in East Sussex and there isn’t a bud service that runs through our hamlet. The nearest busses are nearly two miles away down an unlit, national speed limit road and their school was ten miles away. When they were at school, my wife was doing 25,000 miles a year running them about.

We should all really be running around in something like the Renault Twizy but even if they were reasonably priced, how many of us would?

Exactly Dave, reason why I highlighted the impossibility to go to work even if you can go to school. And that’s because the council is paying for those buses otherwise many kids would struggle to get to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    But at least there were buses back then. I grew up on a farm in Yorkshire and had a pushbike or used buses.

My daughters grew up here in East Sussex and there isn’t a bud service that runs through our hamlet. The nearest busses are nearly two miles away down an unlit, national speed limit road and their school was ten miles away. When they were at school, my wife was doing 25,000 miles a year running them about.

We should all really be running around in something like the Renault Twizy but even if they were reasonably priced, how many of us would?
    Same boat with running our young un to school, our twice a day round dropped from 80 klick to just 50 couple of months back, much better class/ situation too, result…then there’s the after school activities…just finished my dads cabs duties. Yay, feel a beer coming on, can ‘t BBQ without one. Salud.

Master
    . Yay, feel a beer coming on, can ‘t BBQ without one. Salud.
    Electric, gas or charcoal? ;-)

Shh, don’t tell anybody, I’m a charcoal guy! :-D

Just poured a beer myself, Salud!

Just received a safety recall for battery fires, no H441, only a year after they had it in the states,

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Just received a safety recall for battery fires, no H441, only a year after they had it in the states,
    Are you running the H441 software?

If you’ve had no DC charging issues then hopefully it’ll pass the check.

Wonder why Jaguar UK were so slow to implement?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Are you running the H441 software?

If you’ve had no DC charging issues then hopefully it’ll pass the check.

Wonder why Jaguar UK were so slow to implement?
    Don't know what software version it is running, I would assume that it is because when it comes to cars Americans have rights and can sue

Craftsman
    It’s been an open recall for a long time in the UK as well - the letters are sent out in waves but you can check anytime on Topix

Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    It’s been an open recall for a long time in the UK as well - the letters are sent out in waves but you can check anytime on Topix
    Surely it is their responsibility to inform me as soon as possible if they know that there is a safety issue with the car, people don't check every few weeks just in case, if ever

Craftsman
    Surely it is their responsibility to inform me as soon as possible if they know that there is a safety issue with the car, people don't check every few weeks just in case, if ever
    There are agreed timeframes with authorities for notification - if all the letters were sent at once then no retailer network in the world could cope

You'd think that wouldn't you, ask thousands of Evoque, Discovery Sport owners who haven't got a clue that their electric power steering rack motor might fall off at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    You'd think that wouldn't you, ask thousands of Evoque, Discovery Sport owners who haven't got a clue that their electric power steering rack motor might fall off at any moment.
    You would. Mercedes had a possible issue with the bonding on the propshaft on the GT so did an urgent recall, they came and got it, left a car, replaced the propshaft and any part they had to remove to do the job, including any nuts and bolts, then delivered it back a week later, it must have cost the Earth, but that's how to do it, it's not a volume car but they must have made a few thousand in total.

Craftsman
    You would. Mercedes had a possible issue with the bonding on the propshaft on the GT so did an urgent recall, they came and got it, left a car, replaced the propshaft and any part they had to remove to do the job, including any nuts and bolts, then delivered it back a week later, it must have cost the Earth, but that's how to do it, it's not a volume car but they must have made a few thousand in total.
    Doable with low volume especially if spread out geographically and also depends on the risk in terms of likelihood and severity

Doable with low volume especially if spread out geographically and also depends on the risk in terms of likelihood and severity
    I was told there was absolutely nothing wrong with mine, but someone had taken the decision, unlike JLR who couldn't care less if my Ipace burst into flames.

Just to rub it in how bad JLR are my brother in laws discovery started making a rattling noise two weekends ago, he was told last week he needs a new engine as it cannot be repaired, been quoted 14k guess what he now thinks of JLR

I saw a video recently about a car auction, not one JLR car sold,

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    If those owners had done their research they wouldn’t have purchased a JLR product in the first place! Never ceases to amaze me that they sell at all, I suspect for the modern buyer it’s 95% about the image of the product with no attention paid to the quality

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    If those owners had done their research they wouldn’t have purchased a JLR product in the first place! Never ceases to amaze me that they sell at all, I suspect for the modern buyer it’s 95% about the image of the product with no attention paid to the quality
    Didn’t posh spice have summat to do with designing one of the models…that was enough to convince some buyers of the brands creds I guess

Can’t help but wonder what the JLR owner and Wotsit voter ven diagram would look like. Hoho.
    Last edited by Passenger; 30th January 2024 at 09:42.

I’ve always asked myself 3 questions when someone bangs on about Range Rovers. Am I a farmer? No. Am I a gangster? No. Do I live near a dealership and want to spend a lot of my spare time there? No. And the final one - have I ever researched their reliability on the internet and/or have I ever heard of a JD Power survey? - oh yes!

I’ve always asked myself 3 questions when someone bangs on about Range Rovers. Am I a farmer? No. Am I a gangster? No. Do I live near a dealership and want to spend a lot of my spare time there? No. And the final one - have I ever researched their reliability on the internet and/or have I ever heard of a JD Power survey? - oh yes!
    Do I live in Essex and or aspire to be a drug dealer or perceived as such…

Can I count to four?

Sorry.

Well, I was born in Essex so the counting bit isn’t my forte!

Didn’t posh spice have summat to do with designing one of the models…that was enough to convince some buyers of the brands creds I guess

Can’t help but wonder what the JLR owner and Wotsit voter ven diagram would look like. Hoho.
    Yeh yeh she sure did, chief interior designer wasn’t it. Seem to remember the guff at the time. Guess it sold cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adding on to my post about the Ipace H441 recall, it turns out that loads of people who have had the update done the get faulty cells or traction battery faults, Jaguar are refusing to replace faulty batteries, just individual cells, JLR are a shower of crooks, it's a great car but I wouldn't recommend anyone buys one

Master
    Adding on to my post about the Ipace H441 recall, it turns out that loads of people who have had the update done the get faulty cells or traction battery faults, Jaguar are refusing to replace faulty batteries, just individual cells, JLR are a shower of crooks, it's a great car but I wouldn't recommend anyone buys one
    I wonder if previously the software didn’t properly interrogate the individual battery module voltages/capacities but since the update it does and flags the out of balance modules?

I suppose we should be grateful that they aren’t just rolling back the software to make the issue go away…

Replacing modules is better than junking the whole pack I suppose, but I’m surprised they aren’t swapping whole packs out first and then repairing the batteries slower time so customers aren’t inconvenienced too much. They could do the first however many, then use the repaired/refurbed battery packs and swap those out for the next batch etc.

Jaguar do seem to be getting a lot wrong these days.

Edit: Seems that the H441 update was installed to look for the LG Cells/Modules with a manufacturing fault, and effectively isolates it and reduces range until it can be replaced.
    Last edited by Tooks; 1st February 2024 at 17:33.

I think anyone why now buys an Ipace needs their head examining, JLR have announced that they are ceasing production completely in 2025, they can't support it now, there are loads of stories of cars stuck in dealerships for months and months with no delivery dates for parts, I think when ours goes wrong we will end up scrapping it.

Craftsman
    Why would you replace an entire pack when you can repair with cells? You don’t replace an engine when it needs a turbocharger or a fuel pump

Why would you replace an entire pack when you can repair with cells? You don’t replace an engine when it needs a turbocharger or a fuel pump
    Yeah, that would be bonkers. I had a cell replaced on my Nissan under warranty last year.

Actually you probably do! If the turbo has failed there is a good chance that the engine has ingested the broken impeller, but you are probably right JLR would probably try to get away with it.

If JLR were actively supporting Ipace customers It might be different, but they couldn't give a toss, there are loads of cars in dealers waiting for months for replacement cells while JLR/Magna have no issues pumping out new cars, the Ipace fiasco shows JLR for what they are. When the battery in a consumer product fails they don't replace the dead cell, they replace the whole battery.

There are also cars in dealers waiting for replacement 12 volt batteries that have prematurely failed.
    Then there are cars waiting six months for replacement front motors that have failed.

The statement that the boss off JLR made yesterday shows they are on their own planet, saying that their cars aren't the most stolen it's the insurance companies picking on them., while all of our premiums have doubled.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68188064

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that would be bonkers. I had a cell replaced on my Nissan under warranty last year.
    How many months did you have to wait for it, without a loan car because that have run out due to the huge number of failures?

As an ex JLR employee i dont believe you just said that, one word ENGENIUM!

By the time the turbo is needed the engine is FUBAR.

How many months did you have to wait for it, without a loan car because that have run out due to the huge number of failures?
    The local Nissan garage said it was the first one that they had experienced. There was no wait, there's a huge stock held in the UK at the Sunderland facility. The swap out was done in a day.

Craftsman
    Actually you probably do! If the turbo has failed there is a good chance that the engine has ingested the broken impeller, but you are probably right JLR would probably try to get away with it.

If JLR were actively supporting Ipace customers It might be different, but they couldn't give a toss, there are loads of cars in dealers waiting for months for replacement cells while JLR/Magna have no issues pumping out new cars, the Ipace fiasco shows JLR for what they are. When the battery in a consumer product fails they don't replace the dead cell, they replace the whole battery.

There are also cars in dealers waiting for replacement 12 volt batteries that have prematurely failed.
    Then there are cars waiting six months for replacement front motors that have failed.

The statement that the boss off JLR made yesterday shows they are on their own planet, saying that their cars aren't the most stolen it's the insurance companies picking on them., while all of our premiums have doubled.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68188064

- - - Updated - - -

I’m honestly shocked by the stance you are taking especially as I think from what I can gather on your previous posts you have been a Tier 1 supplier or may still be

It’s a completely different situation getting large number of full packs to a single location such as a manufacturing plant with a dedicated logistics capability than to get them to retailers. Especially given the hazardous nature of the materials

Also your turbo comment is a throwaway one, many failure modes of a turbo do not cause subsequent damage

Also consumer products don’t have an almost 90kWh battery with the associated complexity and cost so it’s completely incomparable

Also on the thefts - it’s clear JLR have chosen to go on a bit of a communication mission because a lot of what is being reported is incorrect

There is a good article in Auto Express with the UK MD so is quite frank about the situation.

However like with most of the narratives anybody who isn’t thrashing JLR is the idiot so I’ll play that role.

The local Nissan garage said it was the first one that they had experienced. There was no wait, there's a huge stock held in the UK at the Sunderland facility. The swap out was done in a day.
    Nissan must care about their customers,

I’m honestly shocked by the stance you are taking especially as I think from what I can gather on your previous posts you have been a Tier 1 supplier or may still be

It’s a completely different situation getting large number of full packs to a single location such as a manufacturing plant with a dedicated logistics capability than to get them to retailers. Especially given the hazardous nature of the materials

Also your turbo comment is a throwaway one, many failure modes of a turbo do not cause subsequent damage

Also consumer products don’t have an almost 90kWh battery with the associated complexity and cost so it’s completely incomparable

Also on the thefts - it’s clear JLR have chosen to go on a bit of a communication mission because a lot of what is being reported is incorrect

There is a good article in Auto Express with the UK MD so is quite frank about the situation.

However like with most of the narratives anybody who isn’t thrashing JLR is the idiot so I’ll play that role.
    Nobody is thrashing JLR for the fun of it, you just need to look at the long list of issues that have been bestowed on owners, dealers and Indy’s who rely on them for nothing more than what would be expected.

As you know I can't talk about that on a public forum, but as an Ipace owner I can talk about that,

The logistics issues shouldn't concern the customer, it would be simple to set up 3PL or RDC operations to support dealers., as the batteries are manufactured by LG Energy Solution batteries all they have to do is order more, unfortunately JLR run an 8D process to try and establish blame first, so they can get the supplier to foot the bill, this is their priority, but you knew that!

Master
    As you know I can't talk about that on a public forum, but as an Ipace owner I can talk about that,

The logistics issues shouldn't concern the customer, it would be simple to set up 3PL or RDC operations to support dealers., as the batteries are manufactured by LG Energy Solution batteries all they have to do is order more, unfortunately JLR run an 8D process to try and establish blame first, so they can get the supplier to foot the bill, this is their priority, but you knew that!
    I’m with you, it’s not any faults that grate, it’s the lack of customer focus putting them right.

It’s a shame, as I’d love an i-Pace, but agree the lack of after sales support would put me off.

They have an RDC and thats the problem…they used to have 4.