Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
Might be worth asking your electrician to come back and check, explaining what you’re using the 3 pin socket for?

The EV charger circuit, even using a granny, should ideally be on its own with a Type B RCD switch. You might need different earthing arrangements for that socket as well, to be compliant with EV charging regs.

Just trying to be helpful, I always thought a 13A socket is a 13A socket, but I found out there’s a bit more to it.
I have no problem with helpful advice, and it is helpful. I am sure there can always be improvements. But, for me without any further consideration of my electrics it is down to my appetite for risk (again).

Not read anything about any serious issues of granny charging, and there will be tens of millions of hours of that going on, including many houses without the latest RCD consumer units.

I believe my risk to be very, very low given the modern RCD consumer unit I have, and it pre-requisite to fail safe. That is preventative. My very loud smoke alarms dotted around the house could be considered as reactive.