closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 2840

Thread: Things you'll never understand

I will never understand (not that I need to either) why females (mainly) wear short skirts/dresses and then have to spend so much of there energy consciously and unconsciously when sitting, getting in cars etc etc making sure they don't expose more than they want too.

Why not just wear jeans, trousers, shorts etc ?

ps: I always look away if there is any danger the wearer may show more skin than expected :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Was going to call you out on which country!

No plans for DM soled flip flops yet then?
    DMZ
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Things you'll never understand

No plans for DM soled flip flops yet then?

Sandals, not flip flops are 65% of my spring/summer capacity.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Or those that wear shorts but with leggings on underneath, particularly when picking the kids up or walking down the high street. It seems to be prevalent on a Sunday morning, usually with kids in tow after taking Tarquin and Anouska to the park

It’s fine if you are rolling about on a rugby training park on a cold wet winter evening (I would still not do it but the backs might), if you are that cold on your work out work harder…
    Really ? We wear leggings all the time under our shorts. There is no way as a postman I would walk about in just skin tight leggings for the whole round when it’s -2 degrees. Plus leggings don’t have any pockets hence shorts over the top.
    There is the other fact that underpants are pretty uncomfortable under leggings so going commando is essential. Over shorts are a good idea so that you don’t show your shrivelled dick to every poor sod on the street .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 30th January 2022 at 22:36.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Really ? We wear leggings all the time under our shorts. There is no way as a postman I would walk about in just skin tight leggings for the whole round when it’s -2 degrees. Plus leggings don’t have any pockets hence shorts over the top.

Why don’t posties wear trousers?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    It’s horrible ( restrictive) wearing trousers when you have to climb lots of stairs each day. I do about 8-12 miles a day carrying a bag so comfort is essential.

Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 30th January 2022 at 22:41.

Blog Entries
    It’s horrible ( restrictive) wearing trousers when you have to climb lots of stairs each day. I do about 8-12 miles a day carrying a bag so comfort is essential.

Ah I see.

I thought posties wore shorts because wet trousers are so horrible.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Also correct. Waterproofs are nicer over shorts and leggings than trousers .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    That's probably more an age thing.

Superhero movies. When will it ever end? The same film, with different costumes, over and over and over. When will manchilds decide they’ve had enough?

Why is that that after you've exhausted all the paint from the brushes, rollers and tray it still takes 30min to wash the buggers out...?

I'll never understand why not once did Daniel La Russo's mum think to wonder why he was spending so much time alone with an old guy in his shed.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    They had to in 1980 when I was one, we weren’t allowed to wear shorts or even trainers for that matter, even sweatshirts were frowned on. Black shoes or boots only unless it was snowing then it was GPO issued wellies. We had a summer uniform and a heavier winter one, deviate from them and you were sent home to change!

We still had to climb all those steps and walk all the miles though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    They had to in 1980 when I was one, we weren’t allowed to wear shorts or even trainers for that matter, even sweatshirts were frowned on. Black shoes or boots only unless it was snowing then it was GPO issued wellies. We had a summer uniform and a heavier winter one, deviate from them and you were sent home to change!

We still had to climb all those steps and walk all the miles though.
    Must have been pretty gruelling!! I bet that you are glad that you aren’t doing it now when every man and his dog is ordering parcels for fun:)

Must have been pretty gruelling!! I bet that you are glad that you aren’t doing it now when every man and his dog is ordering parcels for fun:)

It could be tough but I absolutely loved the job! Out in the fresh air, plenty of exercise and job and knock. Two deliveries a shift in those days though!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    It could be tough but I absolutely loved the job! Out in the fresh air, plenty of exercise and job and knock. Two deliveries a shift in those days though!
    Shit, I forgot about the two delivery a shift thing, that would suck now. I love the outside too especially as I now live in what could be deemed as the countryside. It’s not something that I could’ve afforded to do when I was younger but having just hit 50 it’s great for my semi retired life:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Ulysses.

James Joyce has beaten me, I’ve had three attempts at reading this and two sessions with audio books - no, nothing, zip.

I simply cannot get my head around it.

Has anyone managed ?

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Ulysses.

James Joyce has beaten me, I’ve had three attempts at reading this and two sessions with audio books - no, nothing, zip.

I simply cannot get my head around it.

Has anyone managed ?
    Yes, managed it some years ago. I read it with a study guide (Harry Blamires’ ‘The New Bloomsday Book - A Guide through Ulysses’), else I’d have missed a lot of the context and cultural setting. The study guide also really helped to illuminate why Ulysses is considered such a monument of literature. I doubt I’d have finished the book had I not had the study guide.
    Last edited by Argon; 3rd February 2022 at 00:35.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    Yes, managed it some years ago. I read it with a study guide (Harry Blamires’ ‘The New Bloomsday Book - A Guide through Ulysses’), else I’d have missed a lot of the context and cultural setting. The study guide also really helped to illuminate why Ulysses is considered such a monument of literature. I doubt I’d have finished the book had I not had the study guide.
    Maybe I need retirement before the next attempt. Fewer distractions. I will ready this bloody book !

Why every mobile phone advertised on Facebook Marketplace - "has a crack in the screen which doesn't affect its function."

Taking a mask off as a glasses wearer. It’s a lottery as to whether I can take mask off without taking glasses off.

Master
    Why train commuters get on the train, mess about with bags and coats for a couple minutes and then put their mask on.

Oh and this chimp from yesterday. I got on the train 10mins before it was due to depart as it was there. He was already sitting there engrossed in his work.

About 5 minutes later (no idea how long he had been there) he pulls this burger out.

Now many things I don’t understand here…

Clearly enough time to have eaten at the venue before the train left.

If you didn’t want to eat at the venue and risk missing the train, there are many places nearby to have eaten it rather than in a train.

Why wait over 15mins+ to eat the burger rather than when it was fresh and hot.

Never mind the whole table and 2 seats mentality.

Trust the public to do the sensible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Taking a mask off as a glasses wearer. It’s a lottery as to whether I can take mask off without taking glasses off.
    I must say as a specky 4 eyes myself, whilst an inconvenience (don’t get me started on the steaming up) the removal of glasses / mask independently of one another was something I mastered quite early in the pandemic, largely of necessity.
    I make sure the elastic of the mask sits outside the specs, popping the specs on the top of my head helps as well if there is a tangle.

If you look at the picture in the post above that lad is asking for trouble, specs, mask and headphones - he is also a thick chimp.

Now what I really don’t understand is how my Mrs blew the washing machine up after only having it for 6 weeks. If someone can answer that I would be grateful. - maybe advice for this should be sought in a different thread…
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 9th February 2022 at 16:55.

If you didn’t want to eat at the venue and risk missing the train, there are many places nearby to have eaten it rather than in a train.

All to do with giving the illusion that they have such a busy life, that eating or drinking a coffee while travelling - is a necessity.

In the late 1990s, I worked (& commuted) with a chap who always kept two sandwiches back to eat on the train home.

Day shift, late shift & night shift: made no difference. Got on the train, opened his piece-box & ate two sandwiches.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Why my daughters school chose to have a vegan to teach cookery.
    I asked my daughter what happens if she has to cook a meat dish and she said the teacher just gives her instructions to get on with it.
    Hardly the best method of teaching.

Why my local council now only serves vegan food.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19...ve-vegan-food/

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I asked my daughter what happens if she has to cook a meat dish and she said the teacher just gives her instructions to get on with it.

It was bad enough when they taught and made food with no sugar or salt - basically inedible.

Kids used to bring it home, and it went straight in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Now this I can comment on with real experience. Basically your daughter's teacher is rubbish and not following the curriculum correctly if she isn't teaching , with dems , the meat elements.

My partner is a food and nutrition teacher, head of dept and has been vegan for years, she does this every day . She comments that she is
    a professional teacher first , and has to offer the full balanced argument.

Blog Entries
    Pere Ubu

z

Master
    People with the technology skills of a Neanderthal who insist on using the self service checkouts at the supermarket.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    People with the technology skills of a Neanderthal who insist on using the self service checkouts at the supermarket.
    Haha very true.

Yep. The supermarkets vastly overestimated the intelligence of the average customer when installing those.

Blog Entries
    & ePassport gates… there are corvids with better problem solving abilities …

z
    Last edited by zelig; 17th February 2022 at 08:22.

Stop insulting corvids (more adept at solving problems than chimps sometimes) and Neanderthals, please. The people you’re talking about are far further down the technological capabilities ladder.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Why train commuters get on the train, mess about with bags and coats for a couple minutes and then put their mask on.

Oh and this chimp from yesterday. I got on the train 10mins before it was due to depart as it was there. He was already sitting there engrossed in his work.

About 5 minutes later (no idea how long he had been there) he pulls this burger out.

Never mind the whole table and 2 seats mentality.

Trust the public to do the sensible thing.
    Say one thing for him, say he's a living advertisement for why fast food is bad for you.

How I manage to go to bed feeling ok, and wake up with some new minor injury or pain…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

People who talk to me (about non-related things) when I am watching a film.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    How I manage to go to bed feeling ok, and wake up with some new minor injury or pain…
    Have you been probed? Perhaps you are an Experiencer.

👽

^ Surely the burger is just an excuse to not have to wear his mask whilst on the train. Looks like a potential TZUK-er - short, overweight, no fashion sense, and pricey headphones.

Grand Master
    I refuse to use them on principle, I don`t see being able to use a self-service checkouts as a badge of honour or a measure of capability!

If I'm forced to use one I struggle due to lack of familiarity, others will be the same, perhaps a bit more tolerance is required?

Same applies to airports, if you're a regular traveller it's easy to scoff at those who struggle......not funny and definitely not clever.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    ^ Surely the burger is just an excuse to not have to wear his mask whilst on the train. Looks like a potential TZUK-er - short, overweight, no fashion sense, and pricey headphones.
    Doubt it, no brogues and on a train not driving an MX5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Same applies to airports, if you're a regular traveller it's easy to scoff at those who struggle......not funny and definitely not clever.
    It’s about as difficult as putting a card in a slot…

…don’t get me started on security & baggage checks

z
    Last edited by zelig; 17th February 2022 at 16:34.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

z
    I'm with you there.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Last year I visited The Shard and the security process is far worse than airport security.

Airport security usually has a staff member pre-warning passengers what to do in advance. It may be abrupt/directional but I guess they need to clear people through as quickly as possible.

The Shard security remained silent to then bark individual orders eg take belt off, take watch off. I was going back and forth. Why not just say what you need in one sentence.

I was quite annoyed and I was then asked by the staff to stand for a photo. I walked on through and staff seemed bewildered at not wanting a photo with my family.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Have you been probed? Perhaps you are an Experiencer.

👽
    Like aliens and stuff? Or just a peccadillo of my Mrs?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Like aliens and stuff? Or just a peccadillo of my Mrs?
    Who knows!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

z
    Agree 100%. Given the time people have when stood waiting in line to read the signs or watch others.

Being incompetent enough to then not copy what others in front have done is truly shocking.

Seasoned traveller or not it is hardly rocket science.

Dubai, it looks and sounds ghastly, though I'm the first to admit I don't enjoy shopping as a pastime.