closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fretting too much?

Craftsman
    I sympathise. I had very little as a child so as I enjoyed some monetary success in my 30’s I could buy things I always wanted. The truth is I struggled to enjoy them to the fullest potential as I wanted to look after them. Avoiding parking the car on public car parks, buying clothes but not wanting to wear them, obsessing over cleaning hifi kit etc. I never worried about watches though, I’ve worn them irrespective strangely. I’m a bit better now as I’ve learned to have some perspective. Why spend all the money and not enjoy the item procured. Buying and keeping a car rather then the pcp treadmill has been a significant alleviater. For some reason I care a little less when I own a car that’s 5 years old.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I don’t think it needs to be a looking like new thing. I can accept that things get damaged now and then and that’s part of normal use, but I too am in the camp of really looking after my stuff. I wouldn’t say I’m that that worried about looks, things get knocked and bumped, that’s just life. I drive a 30 year old Nissan which I throw my kids in the back of along with their pens and sweeties. It’s going to get marked, but mechanically - I check the levels and tyre pressures every week, I change the oil and filter without fail every 5K miles, I grease up all the grease points whilst I’m under there, wheels off and check the brakes once a year..... you get the idea. It’s cheap enough and easy enough to do so why let it slip?? And that’s nothing special. It’s just an old Nissan at the end of the day. Same with my tools, whenever I use them I clean them with a good old oily rag and put them away - I spent a fortune on them, and they deserve to be looked after. Watches, I wear them and I use them. I like to have them well serviced, but looks wise I’m not to worried.
    Personally I do t think it has anything to do with wealth. If it’s in your nature to like to look after your stuff, you just do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    Yes I am the same, thoughI have been clinically confirmed as having mild to moderate OCD. Maybe you and others on here have some form of OCD.
    Sometimes I wonder why they as so many "disorders"! Surely we are all obsessive and compulsive at times. Probably a survival thing...

As my father used to say “A blind man would like to see it” ..... the older I get the more I understand what it means.

There are certainly things that look great in pristine condition, but others , those meant to be used, where I now see the wear and tear as part of what they, the character. This from someone who used to read paperback books without creasing the spine so they looked good on the shelves
    Last edited by I AM LATE!; 3rd June 2021 at 19:10.