closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    No Man's Sky continues be be great, with lots of free updates and new content / expansions. The latest 'expedition' (a series of linked missions) is rather challenging, in several ways.

The Planet Crafter (on Steam) is a fun survival (against the elements, no enemies or monsters) planet terraforming game. Still early access, and relatively short, but good fun.
    I’ve put a lot of hours in to NMS and still really enjoy it. Want to try it in VR. Pretty sure I’ve barely scratched the surface.

I’ve been playing too much Fortnite of late though.

I bought Elden Ring in the sales and by Jove it’s a beautiful game! A couple of hours in and I’m still feeling overwhelmed with all of the choices and stats etc. Not to mention getting my arse handed to me by some common low level adversaries…

Elden Ring is a fantastic game - I think the best on PS5. Better than God of War for sure.

Witcher 3 has been re-released with better graphics etc on PS5 and well worth picking up at the £15 price they are asking on the PS5 online store

Master
    Santa brought my son a Nintendo Switch for xmas so I've had a go on MarioKart 8 (absolute joy!) and Pokemon Scarlet which is the dullest thing I've ever seen. Are all Pokemon games this slow and boring? I am definitely glad I missed that trend the first time around.

Xbox X I'm on my second run through Farcry 6 (clocked it, went back to finish New Dawn then started 6 again!). Also dipping in and out of a few others, I still haven't done Red Dead 2 yet.

Xbox 360 I'm on and off Portal 2, Farcry 3, Fallout New Vegas and a few racing games (mainly Burnout Revenge.)

Playstation 2 is my current go-to console. It has NO updates to run, NO internet connection required and almost no load times, plus in my opinion the most diverse back-catalogue of quality games for any console ever. I've built up a library of 200 or so games after buying out a Cash Generator before xmas and I am loving life! Already finished Resident Evil 4, GTA San Andreas, Monkey Island and a couple of other retro favourites, plus I'm playing a handful of PS1 classics like Abe's Oddysey and Command and Conquer due to the backwards compatibility! It's 19 years since this console came out and I don't think it will ever be bettered.
    After talking about Resident Evil 4 with a mate he's lent me another game called Cold Fear. Same thing, but on an abandoned ship. I've never heard of it before but the reviews and YouTube vids make it look pretty good, that's New Years Day sorted.

I've been using my MiSTer Multisystem to revisit some classics from the 8 bit/16 bit era. There's loads of arcade titles being ported too. Also, as it emulates the original PlayStation I have been playing a bit of Suikoden.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Santa brought my son a Nintendo Switch for xmas so I've had a go on MarioKart 8 (absolute joy!) and Pokemon Scarlet which is the dullest thing I've ever seen. Are all Pokemon games this slow and boring? I am definitely glad I missed that trend the first time around.

Xbox X I'm on my second run through Farcry 6 (clocked it, went back to finish New Dawn then started 6 again!). Also dipping in and out of a few others, I still haven't done Red Dead 2 yet.

Xbox 360 I'm on and off Portal 2, Farcry 3, Fallout New Vegas and a few racing games (mainly Burnout Revenge.)

Playstation 2 is my current go-to console. It has NO updates to run, NO internet connection required and almost no load times, plus in my opinion the most diverse back-catalogue of quality games for any console ever. I've built up a library of 200 or so games after buying out a Cash Generator before xmas and I am loving life! Already finished Resident Evil 4, GTA San Andreas, Monkey Island and a couple of other retro favourites, plus I'm playing a handful of PS1 classics like Abe's Oddysey and Command and Conquer due to the backwards compatibility! It's 19 years since this console came out and I don't think it will ever be bettered.
    After talking about Resident Evil 4 with a mate he's lent me another game called Cold Fear. Same thing, but on an abandoned ship. I've never heard of it before but the reviews and YouTube vids make it look pretty good, that's New Years Day sorted.
    Big fan of Abe's Odyssey and the associated releases. Was meant to be 3d release on the PS2 but never happened. Enjoying them remastered on the PS5, brings back some great memories!

Is anyone else on CoD binging Shipment? Haven't played any other maps in over a week. It's killing me but I can't stop.

Master
    I’ll beat anyone on Goldeneye on the N64 !

Proximity mine and Double Dostovei guns at the ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not my usual type of game but I am replaying Disco Elysium. On my Steam Deck this time.

If you haven’t heard of it, take a look on YouTube. I should imagine it’s a Marmite game, but I love it. It’s so unorthodox!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Big fan of Abe's Odyssey and the associated releases. Was meant to be 3d release on the PS2 but never happened. Enjoying them remastered on the PS5, brings back some great memories!
    Abe’s Oddysee was and is a great game! I thoroughly enjoyed it back in the day and the remastered version on PS4 later. The second instalment in the series, Abe’s Exoddus, wasn’t quite as nice. They ruined the flow of the game with quicksave function, and many areas were so tough you had to navigate them in less than ten second bursts with hasty quicksaves in the middle.

I missed out on the third instalment due to not gaming in the PS3 era at all. I tried the new Soulstorm but sadly I hated it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Abe’s Oddysee was and is a great game! I thoroughly enjoyed it back in the day and the remastered version on PS4 later. The second instalment in the series, Abe’s Exoddus, wasn’t quite as nice. They ruined the flow of the game with quicksave function, and many areas were so tough you had to navigate them in less than ten second bursts with hasty quicksaves in the middle.

I missed out on the third instalment due to not gaming in the PS3 era at all. I tried the new Soulstorm but sadly I hated it.
    Soulstorm was such a disappointment, deleted it after a couple of hours. Might have to give them all a go again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favourite games of all time are the Shenmue series. However I haven't played Shenmue 3. Has anyone played that?

I’ve been playing God of War Ragnarok on the PS5 since it was released. I’m enjoying it just as much as I did the first.

When I’ve finished it I’m either going to start Cyberpunk or replay The Witcher 3. I’ll probably wait for that one as there are issues to fix with the next gen release.

Anyone played Shenmue 3?

No, but I did play Echo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Is anyone else on CoD binging Shipment? Haven't played any other maps in over a week. It's killing me but I can't stop.
    I’ve been playing it for weapon ranking up. Not much use beyond that as most people do not ptfo. It is a bit mental and not really a long session thing as it is so frantic.

Been toying with the idea of a Steam Deck as I share my sons library. With it being able to Xcloud and all the emulations it feels a nice gadget to have.

Journeyman
    I noticed FFXIV has a free trial on Steam, up to level 60, been playing it over the holidays, its been great. I used to love the older ones.

Journeyman
    I must disagree about Sniper Elite 5. The graphics are a big step up from SE4. It’s not quite up to the best modern standards, just like SE4 wasn’t in its time. It’s true there are numerous bugs and glitches and the AI will sometimes freeze. Thus far I’ve only played the campaign, about halfway through and I’ve really enjoyed it. I’ll admit that SE4 was one of my all time favourite games so I’m something of a fan. Disclaimer: I only play on the most difficult settings, so it may be worse on easier settings.

If you’re not a die hard fan it may be wise to wait for a while. I bet it’ll be a lot cheaper in 2023 and they’ll have ironed out the worst creases by then. You can also get it as part of the Game Pass.
    SE5 was on game pass for the xbox, cant beat free!

Craftsman
    I am unsure about getting Eldenring - everyone raves about it, but I get the impression it is one impossible boss after another. I really enjoyed Witcher 3 - played it twice on Normal, but I prefer a fairly easy ride when playing, and definitely don’t like grinding through really frustrating boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I am unsure about getting Eldenring - everyone raves about it, but I get the impression it is one impossible boss after another. I really enjoyed Witcher 3 - played it twice on Normal, but I prefer a fairly easy ride when playing, and definitely don’t like grinding through really frustrating boss fights.
    No it is fantastic. It does have hard bosses but you can level up by doing quests elsewhere and come back to it. At no stage do you get 'stuck'. IMHO it is a far superior game to God of War.

I agree with Ryan that it’s fantastic, but IMO even regular combat is tough and unforgiving. I can’t recommend buying it to anyone wishing a fairly easy ride. I play most games on hardest settings comfortably and Elden Ring is one of those rare games where I struggle. I have very little experience with this type of game though.

I’d say try to find a way to try it before you buy it.

Master
    I must disagree about Sniper Elite 5. The graphics are a big step up from SE4. It’s not quite up to the best modern standards, just like SE4 wasn’t in its time. It’s true there are numerous bugs and glitches and the AI will sometimes freeze. Thus far I’ve only played the campaign, about halfway through and I’ve really enjoyed it. I’ll admit that SE4 was one of my all time favourite games so I’m something of a fan. Disclaimer: I only play on the most difficult settings, so it may be worse on easier settings.

If you’re not a die hard fan it may be wise to wait for a while. I bet it’ll be a lot cheaper in 2023 and they’ll have ironed out the worst creases by then. You can also get it as part of the Game Pass.
    We clearly enjoy many of the same games! SE3 onwards, and always enjoyed them.

I agree with Ryan that it’s fantastic, but IMO even regular combat is tough and unforgiving. I can’t recommend buying it to anyone wishing a fairly easy ride. I play most games on hardest settings comfortably and Elden Ring is one of those rare games where I struggle. I have very little experience with this type of game though.

I’d say try to find a way to try it before you buy it.
    I’m torn on this. I found it pretty brutal, but less so as you progress and get the hang of it - and thereafter it’s very rewarding and enjoyable; I had to grind some of the bosses and got a bit fed up but the sense of achievement is enormous when you finally beat one. I confess that I still haven’t beaten the final boss, I got distracted by Returnal which is brutal in its own way…

I was undecided whether to try it or not based on my experience with Demons Souls games, but I’m very glad I did. Oh and don’t be shy about using online guides, some of the stuff is so obscure and opaque that there’s no way I would have figured it out.

For context, I loved Witcher 3 (just about to replay with PS5 update) and hated all the Demon Souls games (way too hard).

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    Anyone played Shenmue 3?
    It's funny really, I had a Dreamcast on release day and loved it to bits. In fact I still have it, albeit modified to play games off an SD card. Shenmue was certainly right up my strasse but somehow I never got round to buying it or playing it, something I really need to rectify.

On another note, I have got back into Anno 1800 again with a vengeance having splurged on the complete pack with all the seasons and DLC. Just something I enjoy about managing my economies in completely different "continents" although sometimes it can seem like spinning too many plates and trying not to drop any!

Is anyone else playing Eve online? I discovered it about three months ago and I am thoroughly enjoying it, albeit I am about ten years behind the curve. For those that don’t know it, it is an absolutely vast space based MMO which is highly addictive and free to play as an Alpha for as long as you want but which also has additional levels of gameplay for Omega subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    Is anyone else playing Eve online? I discovered it about three months ago and I am thoroughly enjoying it, albeit I am about ten years behind the curve. For those that don’t know it, it is an absolutely vast space based MMO which is highly addictive and free to play as an Alpha for as long as you want but which also has additional levels of gameplay for Omega subscription.
    Played it on and off for around 4 years going back to about 2005 - I still have the physical boxed disc copy I bought when it was available back then.
    It's hugely complex and definitely better if played with other people. I did find that it seemed to be ruled by two or three giant corporations (Goonswarm, Band of Brothers et al) to the point where it was rumoured they were actually influencing the devs.
    It's worth seeking out the YouTube videos of Rooks and Kings. Brilliant illustration of a small group developing fantastic doctrines to take on the big guys and win. I occasionally go back and watch the videos simply for the entertainment value as they are incredibly well made.

I keep dipping in and out of gaming. I'm generally well behind the curve with whats current and still use a ps4 Pro. I struggle to find anything that floats my boat, the last games that I got into where "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands" "sniper elite 4" (though rarely go back to this) & "far cry 4". I struggle with the idea of next gen of games as they seem even more in depth and complicated to control and use but that's probably just me being older and grumpier.

I used to really like racing games but to if you don't have a steering wheel rig the cars get so fast, to me they are uncontrollable with a joy pad.

So any recommendations for tactical(ish) open world games that aren't subject to umpteen sub menus in game play for a ps4 pro? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Same, I've managed to max out every weapon in MP bar the M13B. I'm keen to unlock the latter but I'm not confident I can get it in DMZ.

My plan now is to complete the camo challenges for every weapon, haven't touched Warzone let alone the campaign!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I keep dipping in and out of gaming. I'm generally well behind the curve with whats current and still use a ps4 Pro. I struggle to find anything that floats my boat, the last games that I got into where "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands" "sniper elite 4" (though rarely go back to this) & "far cry 4". I struggle with the idea of next gen of games as they seem even more in depth and complicated to control and use but that's probably just me being older and grumpier.

I used to really like racing games but to if you don't have a steering wheel rig the cars get so fast, to me they are uncontrollable with a joy pad.

So any recommendations for tactical(ish) open world games that aren't subject to umpteen sub menus in game play for a ps4 pro?
    I can recommend Far Cry 6, which is available on PS4. The controls are fairly forgiving and the gameplay is pretty straight forward, whilst still offering a lot of excitement and enjoyment. Vehicles are easy to control - I liked to fly an airplane upside down over the map, and watch the scenery scroll pass above my head.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    I’ve been playing it for weapon ranking up. Not much use beyond that as most people do not ptfo. It is a bit mental and not really a long session thing as it is so frantic.

Been toying with the idea of a Steam Deck as I share my sons library. With it being able to Xcloud and all the emulations it feels a nice gadget to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Same, I've managed to max out every weapon in MP bar the M13B. I'm keen to unlock the latter but I'm not confident I can get it in DMZ.

My plan now is to complete the camo challenges for every weapon, haven't touched Warzone let alone the campaign!
    I do love the calamity of Shipment, the old Shipment was smaller and better for it I think, absolute carnage. It is hard work levelling up but I have no interest in levelling up the shield.

I haven't got the M13B yet but a friend did so I need to log on with him and extract after he gives it to me but I don't really like DMZ or Warzone, just like multiplayer, particularly Search & Destroy.

For context, I absolutely HATED Elden Ring, as I have with all of the ‘Souls’ games. I just don’t get them. The combat is clunky, the enemies are artificially difficult, the losses at death are punishing and the stories are always incomprehensible. Utter tosh.

I do, of course, understand I’m in the minority. It’s won far too many accolades for my opinion to matter against the masses.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy a hard game either, I love a challenge. My GOTY this year (by far) was SIFU, most complain about it’s difficulty but I’ve finished it multiple times on all difficulties and absolutely adore it.

And I still hate all the ‘Souls’ style games. Sekiro was the only one that stood out, I finished that.

Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    For context, I absolutely HATED Elden Ring, as I have with all of the ‘Souls’ games. I just don’t get them. The combat is clunky, the enemies are artificially difficult, the losses at death are punishing and the stories are always incomprehensible. Utter tosh.

I do, of course, understand I’m in the minority. It’s won far too many accolades for my opinion to matter against the masses.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy a hard game either, I love a challenge. My GOTY this year (by far) was SIFU, most complain about it’s difficulty but I’ve finished it multiple times on all difficulties and absolutely adore it.

And I still hate all the ‘Souls’ style games. Sekiro was the only one that stood out, I finished that.
    Haha - yes I get that response. That is exactly how I have felt with all Souls games… except Elden Ring. There is an initial barrier of difficulty and obscurity but it’s worth getting past that. And it’s accessible compared to other Souls games IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack83 View Post
    Haha - yes I get that response. That is exactly how I have felt with all Souls games… except Elden Ring. There is an initial barrier of difficulty and obscurity but it’s worth getting past that. And it’s accessible compared to other Souls games IMO.
    Yeah I must admit the first time early in Elden Ring when you get to the gates of Stormveil Castle and have to face Magrit the Fell Omen when you are level 5 or whatever and get utterly obliterated over and over until you realise that boss is there to make sure you are the correct level to take on the dungeon and so you must go and do other stuff elsewhere and level up. Took a good 25 hours of play before I was ever ready to beat Magrit who you would meet only 1.5 hours into the game!

Master
    I do love the calamity of Shipment, the old Shipment was smaller and better for it I think, absolute carnage. It is hard work levelling up but I have no interest in levelling up the shield.

I haven't got the M13B yet but a friend did so I need to log on with him and extract after he gives it to me but I don't really like DMZ or Warzone, just like multiplayer, particularly Search & Destroy.
    I found a M13B on someone I killed in the DMZ. I got killed with it by AI at the extraction. Gutted!

Managed to complete the Raid last night with two friends. Pretty tough going as we’ve had a few goes over different nights getting the mechanics down. The last part defending for 4 mins is bloody hard. 111 mins to complete with retries. All of which were at the end.

It is really good, I played it alot, finished it 5-6 times using different builds.

Word of warning, the learning curve is hard and youtube is your friend! The first few hours you will die a lot and I mean a lot, some of the quests are very good but some parts I had to youtube as no idea how you could figure them out.

PS. when you first start avoid the mini boss on the horse its impossible at your starting level.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    It is really good, I played it alot, finished it 5-6 times using different builds.

Word of warning, the learning curve is hard and youtube is your friend! The first few hours you will die a lot and I mean a lot, some of the quests are very good but some parts I had to youtube as no idea how you could figure them out.

PS. when you first start avoid the mini boss on the horse its impossible at your starting level.

This is something that irks me though - you shouldn't have to YouTube things to figure stuff out. The game should guide the player enough that nothing is inexplicable. I just couldn't 'get' the hype around it. I played a good few hours, killed plenty of people but then I (because the game gives you NO indication of what direction to go in) came across a normal looking enemy who just one-shotted me. Hours lost. Rubbish.

I can recommend Far Cry 6, which is available on PS4. The controls are fairly forgiving and the gameplay is pretty straight forward, whilst still offering a lot of excitement and enjoyment. Vehicles are easy to control - I liked to fly an airplane upside down over the map, and watch the scenery scroll pass above my head.
    Nice one, thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    This is something that irks me though - you shouldn't have to YouTube things to figure stuff out. The game should guide the player enough that nothing is inexplicable. I just couldn't 'get' the hype around it. I played a good few hours, killed plenty of people but then I (because the game gives you NO indication of what direction to go in) came across a normal looking enemy who just one-shotted me. Hours lost. Rubbish.
    Yes it is very frustrating. You do have a rough direction with the grace points but that is just the main quest line not all the side quests, which are the bests part. The Rani questline is a good example, really good but at some points without youtube it would be impossible, I have no idea how the youtubers figure out some of the quest lines.

At the heart of it, the game is very hard, the Melania fight for example is very difficult as is the Godfrey fight before the final boss.

I lost interest months ago, but will play once they release some DLC.

Craftsman
    I am on Xbox Series S/X and my favourite game over last 18 months has been Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I've never played an Assassin's Creed before and have spent over 100 hours on it. I used to game a fair bit in my teens and early 20s but after having kids I didn't have time. I decided in lockdown as they were a bit older and I had more time to get a Series X and get back into it. I have always loved FIFA and recently got the new instalment which is great!

Back to Assassin's Creed, I started it whilst in COVID isolation and now just really enjoy playing for 30-60 mins every few days. The storylines are great, it's easy to pick up and play but also provides the right level of challenge, and the variety in terms of gameplay is superb - with riddles, puzzles, boardgames, linguistic jousts, battles, and of course assassinations!

If anyone can recommend anything similar to AC Valhalla that I could try next, would appreciate it!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Yes it is very frustrating. You do have a rough direction with the grace points but that is just the main quest line not all the side quests, which are the bests part. The Rani questline is a good example, really good but at some points without youtube it would be impossible, I have no idea how the youtubers figure out some of the quest lines.

At the heart of it, the game is very hard, the Melania fight for example is very difficult as is the Godfrey fight before the final boss.

I lost interest months ago, but will play once they release some DLC.
    Melania is an absolute b#### of an opponent. The fact you have to beat a boss just to face her, then she's all kinds of levels of ninja good. And then you think you've beaten her but no that's just halfway, and then there's a 'but this isn't even my final form' moment. Arrgghhhh. Tears!

Master
    AC Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla are all the new generation of AC games so if you like one you may well like the others. There are also all the older series that are more stealth than role play as is in the latest three.

The Witcher 3 is probably worth a go as it is a similar type of game. Just had a next gen update for Series consoles too.

COD mobile, some time ago.

Shipment, 219 kills.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I am on Xbox Series S/X and my favourite game over last 18 months has been Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I've never played an Assassin's Creed before and have spent over 100 hours on it. I used to game a fair bit in my teens and early 20s but after having kids I didn't have time. I decided in lockdown as they were a bit older and I had more time to get a Series X and get back into it. I have always loved FIFA and recently got the new instalment which is great!

Back to Assassin's Creed, I started it whilst in COVID isolation and now just really enjoy playing for 30-60 mins every few days. The storylines are great, it's easy to pick up and play but also provides the right level of challenge, and the variety in terms of gameplay is superb - with riddles, puzzles, boardgames, linguistic jousts, battles, and of course assassinations!

If anyone can recommend anything similar to AC Valhalla that I could try next, would appreciate it!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    AC Odyssey is a better story and game than Valhalla. I enjoyed it a lot more.

I have finally gained enough levels in Elden Ring to make playing feel really enjoyable. Took a lot of grinding but then I ventured into an easier area and now I only die when I make a big mistake. It’s still v. easy to get overwhelmed by a few enemies that would be easy on their lonesome.

I must say it doesn’t bother me at all that the side stories are hard and will need YouTube guidance. I’m sure it’s nothing compared to breeding a golden chocobo in Final Fantasy VII in the late 90’s. I borrowed a huge walkthrough dossier my mate had printed in his uni library in the wee hours. IIRC it took several hours to get the bastard bird even with the guide. Must have taken someone hundreds of hours to figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    We clearly enjoy many of the same games! SE3 onwards, and always enjoyed them.
    Brofist.jpg

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    AC Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla are all the new generation of AC games so if you like one you may well like the others. There are also all the older series that are more stealth than role play as is in the latest three.

The Witcher 3 is probably worth a go as it is a similar type of game. Just had a next gen update for Series consoles too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    AC Odyssey is a better story and game than Valhalla. I enjoyed it a lot more.
    Thank you both, will check out other entries in the AC catalogue and also The Witcher (enjoy the TV show!)

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I love RPGs. Loved Witcher, ACs, Fenyx, Zelda etc but Elden Ring is doing my nut. I die so quickly and I have no idea where or who the so called easier areas are.

The stats are mind boggling and it seems like it will take me 6 months of grinding until I can level up a few levels!

Only thing is that it is so bloody pretty and monster design is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    I love RPGs. Loved Witcher, ACs, Fenyx, Zelda etc but Elden Ring is doing my nut. I die so quickly and I have no idea where or who the so called easier areas are.

The stats are mind boggling and it seems like it will take me 6 months of grinding until I can level up a few levels!

ELDEN RING SPOILER ALERT

If you run a straight line from the starting location to east, there is a place called Unpassable Greatbridge. There is a site of grace there. When you get closer to the ramparts a scene will play out where soldiers will attack a pack of T-rex hounds. You can hang back and automatically gather all the runes from the ensuing carnage. You can of course speed things up a bit and pick off some unsuspecting foes that get isolated. You’ll easily pick up roughly around 5000 runes per attack. Afterwards there’s good loot to pick up, then just rest at the site of grace, rinse and repeat. Easy rune farming to get your character up to spec.

To get there head southeast from the start to dragon burnt ruins. Open a chest there and you’ll be teleported to a chrystal mine. Run out without engaging and you’ll find yourself in Caelid. Just ride out to the bridge without attracting too much attention and Robert is your father’s brother. With Torrent you can outrun pretty much anything.

I’d suggest heading generally south from the starting location when you’re ready to begin exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post

Watch a how to start Elden ring guide, pretty much grab torrent, get a golden fowl foot, get a bleed wep, kill the big dragon that does not fight back, that should get you enough runes to get to a decent level quickly, I never found levelling up hard, just playing the story keeps you at a decent level.

Or just go mage and get the metorite staff - nothing to kill just run there, then the early game becomes trivial.

The Big Gaming Thread

ELDEN RING SPOILER ALERT

If you run a straight line from the starting location to east, there is a place called Unpassable Greatbridge. There is a site of grace there. When you get closer to the ramparts a scene will play out where soldiers will attack a pack of T-rex hounds. You can hang back and automatically gather all the runes from the ensuing carnage. You can of course speed things up a bit and pick off some unsuspecting foes that get isolated. You’ll easily pick up roughly around 5000 runes per attack. Afterwards there’s good loot to pick up, then just rest at the site of grace, rinse and repeat. Easy rune farming to get your character up to spec.

To get there head southeast from the start to dragon burnt ruins. Open a chest there and you’ll be teleported to a chrystal mine. Run out without engaging and you’ll find yourself in Caelid. Just ride out to the bridge without attracting too much attention and Robert is your father’s brother. With Torrent you can outrun pretty much anything.

I’d suggest heading generally south from the starting location when you’re ready to begin exploring.
    Thanks for that clear outline. Much appreciated and I will give it a go when I get a spare 4 hours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch a how to start Elden ring guide, pretty much grab torrent, get a golden fowl foot, get a bleed wep, kill the big dragon that does not fight back, that should get you enough runes to get to a decent level quickly, I never found levelling up hard, just playing the story keeps you at a decent level.

Or just go mage and get the metorite staff - nothing to kill just run there, then the early game becomes trivial.
    Huh? I have watched a few videos last night but never saw a dragon that doesn’t fight back!

I am more a melee player have have started as a samurai