closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Big Gaming Thread

I made it to Hyrule and got the best surprise at the first place I visited.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Great to see that Zelda line still is nice. The last one I played was Ocarina of Time. Lovely game.

Anyone tried Diablo IV yet??
    Both betas were great fun put about 40hrs in over the two weekends! Going to preorder I think.

I must have missed it at some point but when using the Ultrahand power in Tears, holding R allows you to rotate items in the horizontal and vertical axes. Before I found this out via a game guide I was struggling to solve some of the puzzles.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post
    Both betas were great fun put about 40hrs in over the two weekends! Going to preorder I think.
    Sweet. Have you ever played Diablo II and III?

Tempted by Diablo 4, I have played 1, 2 and 3. Always enjoyed the story line the most, hopefully 4 has the same great cinematics and story. My fear is it too focused around online play and seasons over the single player content.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I must have missed it at some point but when using the Ultrahand power in Tears, holding R allows you to rotate items in the horizontal and vertical axes. Before I found this out via a game guide I was struggling to solve some of the puzzles.
    Yep although it's still a bit fiddly to get the hooks at a 90 degree angle to the cart or whatever

Craftsman
    Sweet. Have you ever played Diablo II and III?
    Yes both, this is better than 3 in my opinion, potential to be more fun than 2 as it’s obviously much more polished. Story seems good and world events are great

Master
    Yes both, this is better than 3 in my opinion, potential to be more fun than 2 as it’s obviously much more polished. Story seems good and world events are great
    I liked II much more than III because of the possibilities to build your own character. Skill tree in III was all fixed. Are the character and skill building mechanics more like II?

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Tempted by Diablo 4, I have played 1, 2 and 3. Always enjoyed the story line the most, hopefully 4 has the same great cinematics and story. My fear is it too focused around online play and seasons over the single player content.
    Yeah I am also more into story than online…

Craftsman
    I liked II much more than III because of the possibilities to build your own character. Skill tree in III was all fixed. Are the character and skill building mechanics more like II?

Yeah I am also more into story than online…
    Skill tree seems good, I believe Blizzard can buff and nerf it live (Gollum’s were removed from second beta as they were too OP and then later added again I think.) lots of arcs and potential to upgrade weapons and slots in town again no cube in beta.

Played the hell out of Skyrim on the Xbox 360 when it came out. Never replayed this type of game before, but really enjoying a second run through on the one X at the moment

Master
    I've recently resurrected Fallout 4 on my PS4. I decided to concentrate on the settlements and construction rather than shooting various irradiated beings.

I like building concrete buildings, and making them lovely. Just a couple I've built recently...

The Waterside (Taffington Boathouse). Fallout's premier jetty dining experience, with good food, great service, drinks on tap and awesome views of the river.

----

The Sky Lounge (Gray Garden). With breathtaking views of the valley, and complete cover from the nasty weather, you can enjoy drinks, dining and fine wines and spirits over two floors.

----

I like naming my bars in neon too. One of many.

Master
    Skill tree seems good, I believe Blizzard can buff and nerf it live (Gollum’s were removed from second beta as they were too OP and then later added again I think.) lots of arcs and potential to upgrade weapons and slots in town again no cube in beta.
    Cheers. That buff and nerf was already in III i thought.

I am finishing once again II resurrected and than I am off to IV. Can’t wait

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    I've recently resurrected Fallout 4 on my PS4. I decided to concentrate on the settlements and construction rather than shooting various irradiated beings.

I like building concrete buildings, and making them lovely. Just a couple I've built recently...

The Waterside (Taffington Boathouse). Fallout's premier jetty dining experience, with good food, great service, drinks on tap and awesome views of the river.

----

The Sky Lounge (Gray Garden). With breathtaking views of the valley, and complete cover from the nasty weather, you can enjoy drinks, dining and fine wines and spirits over two floors.

----

I like naming my bars in neon too. One of many.

They look great! I didn't realise you could mod to that level on the consoles. I must've logged easily 200+ hours into that game. Same with Skyrim.

Started to play MW2 again after a few years of not bothering. Activision seemed to have gone back to old school first person shooters and done away with thos stupid exo suits and jumping around all over the shop. The online gameplay is great and just like it used to be

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    They look great! I didn't realise you could mod to that level on the consoles. I must've logged easily 200+ hours into that game. Same with Skyrim.
    Yep. Massively so in fact. I even built an automated ammo plant at Sanctuary which churns out 10mm bullets.

Just takes a manufacturing machine, conveyor, terminal, lead and fertiliser.

Master
    I've just this week restarted my very favourite games: San andreas on the PS2, Fallout New Vegas on the 360 and Farcry 4 on the xbox x. Loving them all, it feels like ages since I felt properly at home with a game but these are like revisting your hometown, crazy how a game can do that.

I plan to complete San Andreas first and hopefully clock that elusive 100% before putting proper hours into the others.

As a long time fan of the Fire Emblem series, I have just completed Three Houses and have moved on to Engage. Still prefer the older games but these have been decent.

Downloaded COD3 and COD4 last night. Could find lobbies on 3 but not on 4.

Back to shipment it is.

How are the folks playing Zelda getting on? I'm still loving it, been busy at work so not much chance to play after hours for the last week - just about to face the boss of the Wind Temple

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    How are the folks playing Zelda getting on? I'm still loving it, been busy at work so not much chance to play after hours for the last week - just about to face the boss of the Wind Temple
    I've been wandering as I usually do, doing some missions but mostly exploring and activating towers. I've got to grips with the powers but forget to use Ascend. I now know why I didn't know how Ultrahand worked, I play with the HUD switched off so don't see most of the in-game control tips. Looking at the Parental Control app, I have played for 25h 5m since starting the game on Tuesday last week.

Please don't post boss or mission spoilers. I'm still cagey about watching reviews and tips videos for fear of being spoiled.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Downloaded COD3 and COD4 last night. Could find lobbies on 3 but not on 4.

Back to shipment it is.
    I would suggest you don’t play them online if you value your account. If you Google it you will see that Activision has started cease and desist notices for the teams running mods that make these games safe to play. The base games are full of exploits that Activision has not fixed and you can get hacked. Hence people are up in arms over the fact they can no longer play the games safely.

Journeyman
    The Legend of Zelda, Tears of the Kingdom is ASTONISHING. I think it's one if, if not the best game I've ever played. Also like D2. Via Levelupper one can get really amazing results.
    Same here :) I would say that my gaming experience was divided into 2 parts: before and after I played this gaming masterpiece.
    Last edited by Owren; 26th September 2023 at 15:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Owren View Post
    Same here :) I would say that my gaming experience was divided into 2 parts: before and after I played this gaming masterpiece.
    Bought at release but I’ve still not played…been trying to get through BotW! Put a LOT of hours in but only maybe 70% of shrines found and no Divine Beasts beaten 😢

Master
    currently not too busy due to SAG and WGA strikes .

Bought a new TV (panasonic oled) for a flat I’m rennovating . Got bored so fired up Halo again.

Halo CE , Halo 2 , Halo Reach singke campaigns on Legendary , done them all many times before and in coop . Probably skip 4 and 5 and jump to Infinite after ODST and Halo 3 . Not done Infinite on coop yet , will get to it .

Starfield is out soon might derail Halo for a bit .

Just wish they would make it available on the Xbox,

Still playing Diablo 4, but its getting a bit boring now but wants to get to lvl 100 then will stop playing for a bit. It is a decent game, hopefully season 2 will be better.

I’ve been thinking about trying Elite Dangerous for years. A few weeks ago I saw it on the PS store for 5€. Why not now, I thought. I am hooked through and through and bought a joystick set with fixings for close to 200€. Thank god I’m not on PC, as I would’ve probably bought HOTAS stuff for thousands of euros. As luck would have it PS only really supports one decent flight controller. Turned out to be an expensive 5€. A great game nevertheless albeit you need to like grinding to appreciate it.

Just started Remnant 2 on PS5. Tricky but not as bad as I expected but I have got it on the easiest setting!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack83 View Post
    Just started Remnant 2 on PS5. Tricky but not as bad as I expected but I have got it on the easiest setting!
    I was just about to post the same thing, downloaded it last year, it is really good. A good fun shooter with many hidden puzzles and story lines, only played a few hours but looking forward to getting into it more.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I’ve been thinking about trying Elite Dangerous for years. A few weeks ago I saw it on the PS store for 5€. Why not now, I thought. I am hooked through and through and bought a joystick set with fixings for close to 200€. Thank god I’m not on PC, as I would’ve probably bought HOTAS stuff for thousands of euros. As luck would have it PS only really supports one decent flight controller. Turned out to be an expensive 5€. A great game nevertheless albeit you need to like grinding to appreciate it.
    Got this when it came out. Hardly played it. Then again hardly play on PC anymore.

What happened to that other space game star something or other that was always in beta. Although you could buy ships for like £500

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Got this when it came out. Hardly played it. Then again hardly play on PC anymore.

What happened to that other space game star something or other that was always in beta. Although you could buy ships for like £500
    Starfield? Released this week!

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    It gets pretty bad reviews, apart from the paid streamers saying its amazing.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Just searched no it's star citizen. Still in development by the looks of it.

Master
    Not sure that is correct. Most critic reviews on Metacritic are positive. My friends playing it seem to love it too. But if you don’t like that type of Bethesda game I don’t see why you would like this either. There does seem to be a weird sect of PlayStation players who want to pan it just because it is not on their platform. Which is both dumb and sad. When someone goes to the lengths of creating a PC mod to add a Playstation studios splash screen to the startup to replace the Xbox one you know they need help 😀

Starfield is basically Skyrim in space.

It has its flaws but also it has flawless moments. It is massive it will steal days and weeks of your life and if you like RPG, FPS, crafting, grinding, building and exploring then it is great and you have many options on how and where to play

I am only 9hrs in and have just started the main quest. I am scared I will lose my job with this!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post

Was one of the backers gor Elite Dangerous and have an unopened boxed edition somewhere with a personalized commander name and bits and pieces . Never played it despite having played Elite and Frontier to death till I was Elite on both.

Starfield is fun , has the usual annoyances of your companions getting in the way during combat plus the inventory system is the worst ever seen in a bethesda game . Its Skyrim in space pretty much but its very similar to Mass Effect I found . The music is a bit of a let down after Skyrim and Oblivion.

After reading this post I thought I would give it another go. I have it on PC VR and also have a Warthog Hotas that I bought for DCS.

Steam says I have five hours of play time. I just started the game up and it is starting me from scratch!

Just another example of 'why wont it just work' when compared to console gaming!

Baldur's Gate 3. Quite the departure from BG I & II but enjoyable in it's own right.

Remnant 2 update, played it way too much so far, a solid 20 + hours. It is great, a nice twist on a normal shooter style game with lots of puzzles and hidden areas. I also like that game has numerous storylines and you can get different zones, maps etc, on each play, you and your friend could start at the same time and have two totally different maps, story lines, quests etc. Can be annoying when an item you want isn't in your "game" but that can be solved with re-rolling adventure mode or finishing the campaign and starting again on a harder difficulty. Almost finished the first play, looking forward to starting again and getting a different story.

Some of the things people figure out on this game are just nuts, they must data mine the game to find things out, or just spend hours reading all the lore and checking every detail.

Not sure I agree with this, not a single negative review from 65 'critic' reviews: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/starfield

I've sunk 30+ hours in already and whereas it has some flaws it's easily the best game I've played in some years. It won't suit everyone, but for me it's almost perfect, 9/10 personally. My complaint is the inability to transition from space/ground and transition from planet-to-planet. The space stuff just lacks a bit - and I agree that it's a bit of a "loading screen simulator". I can accept a mission, fast travel to my ship, transition to space, travel to star system, land on planet, exit ship and finally load into the building for the mission... 7 loading screens in maybe 1 minute. Once you accept and get passed that, it's incredible.

With games like this, it's about the stories it creates. I jumped into a system and was met with quite a large pirate ship. I disabled it's engines and then boarded it. After dispatching the crew and ransacking the ship I found a tablet that indicated a secret base... After I'd sold the pirate ship (because I can), I followed the details on the tablet to the base and went on a several hour mission which unlocked some AMAZING goodies (trying to keep it spoilerless).

2-3 hours spent on a random encounter, and every second was awesome.
    Last edited by RickChard; 12th September 2023 at 09:22.

Master
    Anyone got any recommendations for good games to play on an iPad? I know it's not anyway near as powerful as a PC/Xbox/PS/Switch gaming machine, but been playing Clash of Clans for years and fianlly got to the top league. No point in playing much more and need to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    Not sure I agree with this, not a single negative review from 65 'critic' reviews: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/starfield

I've sunk 30+ hours in already and whereas it has some flaws it's easily the best game I've played in some years. It won't suit everyone, but for me it's almost perfect, 9/10 personally. My complaint is the inability to transition from space/ground and transition from planet-to-planet. The space stuff just lacks a bit - and I agree that it's a bit of a "loading screen simulator". I can accept a mission, fast travel to my ship, transition to space, travel to star system, land on planet, exit ship and finally load into the building for the mission... 7 loading screens in maybe 1 minute. Once you accept and get passed that, it's incredible.

With games like this, it's about the stories it creates. I jumped into a system and was met with quite a large pirate ship. I disabled it's engines and then boarded it. After dispatching the crew and ransacking the ship I found a tablet that indicated a secret base... After I'd sold the pirate ship (because I can), I followed the details on the tablet to the base and went on a several hour mission which unlocked some AMAZING goodies (trying to keep it spoilerless).

2-3 hours spent on a random encounter, and every second was awesome.
    I might give it a go once I finish with remnant 2. I think its the loading screen issue people don't like, you don't get the seamless transition from being on the ground to flying into space.

Best game I’ve played on my iPad is Stardew Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt London View Post
    After reading this post I thought I would give it another go. I have it on PC VR and also have a Warthog Hotas that I bought for DCS.

Steam says I have five hours of play time. I just started the game up and it is starting me from scratch!

Just another example of 'why wont it just work' when compared to console gaming!
    Easiness is what drew me away from PC to PlayStation in the first place. Now I’m thinking it might have been a mistake as I’m stuck with a low-tier HOTAS and no VR for Elite. Please do tell how you get on with it.

Easiness is what drew me away from PC to PlayStation in the first place. Now I’m thinking it might have been a mistake as I’m stuck with a low-tier HOTAS and no VR for Elite. Please do tell how you get on with it.
    After a couple of hours outside of the tutorials I am starting to realise the scale of the game. I don't know if I want to spend so much time on such an in depth game.

As for HOTAS and VR I dont really have anything to contrast with as I have yet to play it in 2D. It's a bit tricky to work out wich HOTAS presses are needed at times because they are all given as numbers. I know them by their Warthog/DCS names like TMS, Coolie, Boat Switch etc.

Hi all. I am thinking of getting Cyberpunk 2077 after the latest update and dlc. I usually play such games like Deus Ex as stealthily as possible. I was wondering whether it's possible to ghost levels, side quests etc?

Tempted to try Armored Core 6, has anyone played it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    Hi all. I am thinking of getting Cyberpunk 2077 after the latest update and dlc. I usually play such games like Deus Ex as stealthily as possible. I was wondering whether it's possible to ghost levels, side quests etc?
    I just built a new (Built from 2nd hand parts) PC to play this. Bought it on Sunday and I've only put in a few hours but it seems very slow burning. Will stick with it. I think overall I prefer gaming on my PS5 as I can lie on the sofa!

I got a Steam Deck OLED for Christmas. Been setting it up over the last couple of days. Once it arrived and I'd installed a screen protector, I upgraded the SSD from 512GB to 2TB. This was a little scary as I managed to pinch the fan cable causing it to not register fan speed. I managed to fix it and get the fan back working. Next task was installing a number of PC games, this was helped by having the official dock so I could download via ethernet. Next I went through the process of installing EmuDeck and setting up Emulation Station. This was a little tricky but there are some great guides. I've been downloading various ROMs for the emulators as well. Final task was setting up ChiakiDeck for PS5 remote play. Who knows, I may actually start playing games on it tomorrow.

As a piece of kit, it is fantastic.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a fantastic game now (unlike the game they originally launched).

Starfield is OK, but it feels like a game from 10 years ago. The "dungeons" are procedurally generated rather than hand crafted, so it quickly gets repetitive and boring. It's good for a while, but doesn't have long term playability. If you were hoping for Skyrim in space, you're going to be disappointed.

My frustration with Starfield prompted me to finally start The Witcher III. I don't generally like 3rd person games, but this is good so far. Setting up a decent control layout on PC is a bit of a challenge - not enough free keys near WASD.

If I get on OK with Witcher and 3rd person, I might try again with RDR2.

Witcher 3 is one of the best games I’ve played. I need to play Cyberpunk. That will probably be the first game I play on the Deck.