closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Fight is on Fury v Joshua

The Fight is on Fury v Joshua

I’m excited to see this and hope that the fights live up to the hype.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2...t-deal-agreed/

Fury should be too good but you never know in Boxing as Andy Ruiz and many others have proved in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Fury should be too good but you never know in Boxing as Andy Ruiz and many others have proved in the last few years.
    I agree with you, but having seen Fury interview last weekend. He looks really gaunt and perhaps has been hammering the gym a little too hard. Personally, I thinks he’s a stronger force when he’s slightly heavier.

Agreed. He needs to come in around the same weight as the second Wilder fight. In heavyweight boxing it only takes one punch so AJ has a puncher’s chance but other than that it’s Fury all day long for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    I agree with you, but having seen Fury interview last weekend. He looks really gaunt and perhaps has been hammering the gym a little too hard. Personally, I thinks he’s a stronger force when he’s slightly heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Agreed. He needs to come in around the same weight as the second Wilder fight. In heavyweight boxing it only takes one punch so AJ has a puncher’s chance but other than that it’s Fury all day long for me.
    Yes, Fury has shown he can easily fight at his Wilder 2 weight. My money will be on Tyson...

Craftsman
    I cannot wait for this fight, it’s going to be a great event and will inspire so many to put on a pair of gloves.

On paper, Fury has the better chance of winning inside the ring and outside the ring, with his quick thinking and wit he has already won.

My money would be on Fury although I would like to see AJ win. Fury can take fight two and retire.

I’m gonna go against you all and say that AJ will win this.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I’m gonna go against you all and say that AJ will win this.
    Noted you made this post after midnight. Wont hold it against you. :)

Funny things happen in boxing. Joshua will always have a punchers chance but he has been working hard on his defence and ringcraft too and if he stays focused he could give Tyson a world of trouble. Underestimate AJ at your peril. I actually think he’s better as the underdog. The Klitschko fight was stunning. Looking forward to the fight either way. I feel a boys poker night coming on

Unless AJ has significantly improved his ring skills Fury will win, I think Fury will probably add some poundage prior to fight as to be fair he used his size well to push back Wilder......

I just hope its not a 1st fight intended solely to tee up a rematch...

Incidentally Andy Ruiz has been working phenomenally hard shed big weight and looks alot fitter and clearly already has required skills so will be interesting to see what his next fight brings....

Master
    Fury is in a league of his own and will dance circles around AJ and look to embarrass him. Cant wait!!!

Can’t wait for this, was starting to thinking it might never happen. Still not set in stone until a date and venue are agreed but should be huge. I was actually impressed with AJ in the Ruiz rematch, showed he can actually box and is not all about looking for the KO. Saying that I can see Fury winning on points, then AJ knocking him out in the 2nd fight when he has nowt to lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t help thinking it’s a bit of a panto, especially as its a 2 fight deal.

Boxer A will win the first fight, Boxer B will win the second fight and then there will most likely be a super hyped 3rd fight to settle it once before retiring to their private islands and life's as pundits and personalities.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    We’ll all have different opinions on the outcome of this fight- AJ seems to perform better against decent opponents, did look good against Ruiz because his game plan worked, just think he’ll struggle if plan A doesn’t work- Fury is very clever and an change his style/plan mid fight, don’t think AJ has that in his locker.

Whatever happens it’s going to be a monster of a fight, if it’s in the U.K. which is very unlikely I’ll definitely be going.
    Last edited by Rob153; 16th March 2021 at 13:43.

Craftsman
    Fury has made the rather bizarre suggestion he has been hammering the beers,hopefully he is still in a good place upstairs. Best British heavyweight in my lifetime, I would love to have seen him fight Lewis in his prime.

It'll be interesting.
    As Mike Tyson famously said, "Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face".
    Fury is without doubt the better boxer, but he simply hasn't enough punch power to change the fight in an instant.
    So he needs to be on his game all the time.
    With AJ's power, he needs to get it right fewer times to effect a stoppage or turn the fight.
    I personally feel tht AJ is better (but with less destructive single punch power) than Wilder.
    Wilder's problem was that his main weapon was only off one hand, the right. That was so much easier for Fury to defend against than defending agaisnt both hands (and AJ can deliver power with either hand).
    So I can't see Fury marking AJ out of the match in the same way that he did to Wilder.
    Also, AJ is at least a stone heavier than Wilder, so Fury will not tire him by leaning on him so easily.
    Fury's other main advantage is that he has a much better chin, and he can recover quickly (how he got up from that Wilder Knock down in their first fight, I have no idea). AJ takes too long to recover from being shaken.

So Fury certainly starts the better bet, but one or two moments can change that dramatically. That's why heavyweight boxing is so compelling.
    I hope it lives up to the billing.

Craftsman
    Sounds like there is still a long way to go until this fight is made. Both parties have 30 days to agree on date and venue, if that doesnt happen then we're back to the start. Really hope this fight does get made though.

Master
    That was sort of my point also, once Fury had negated his overhand right, Wilder had no plan b- I agree AJ is better than Wilder and has a far better boxing brain, but I haven’t seen him be able to change it up, if Fury can withstand AJ barrages early on i think Joshua’s is in for a long night, especially if he just goes in with the one game plan.

For me its either AJ 5/6 rounds or Fury on points if it goes past 6. One of those fights though that my opinion may change nearer the time.

One thing for sure is the fight is very intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    It'll be interesting.
    As Mike Tyson famously said, "Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face".
    Fury is without doubt the better boxer, but he simply hasn't enough punch power to change the fight in an instant.
    So he needs to be on his game all the time.
    With AJ's power, he needs to get it right fewer times to effect a stoppage or turn the fight.
    I personally feel tht AJ is better (but with less destructive single punch power) than Wilder.
    Wilder's problem was that his main weapon was only off one hand, the right. That was so much easier for Fury to defend against than defending agaisnt both hands (and AJ can deliver power with either hand).
    So I can't see Fury marking AJ out of the match in the same way that he did to Wilder.
    Also, AJ is at least a stone heavier than Wilder, so Fury will not tire him by leaning on him so easily.
    Fury's other main advantage is that he has a much better chin, and he can recover quickly (how he got up from that Wilder Knock down in their first fight, I have no idea). AJ takes too long to recover from being shaken.

So Fury certainly starts the better bet, but one or two moments can change that dramatically. That's why heavyweight boxing is so compelling.
    I hope it lives up to the billing.
    Last edited by Rob153; 16th March 2021 at 13:53.

Mop up the 4/7 is my advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of each

AJ for fight one. Fury fight two.