closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Ranger Rumours

Master

Tudor Ranger Rumours

Tudor has discontinued their Heritage Range and North Flag watches, which leaves a gap in their product set. Maybe this is intentional. Maybe these watches didn't sell particularly well. But I think there is a place for a new version of the Ranger. A simple three-hander, maybe with a date, sub 40mm, priced as an entry level Explorer, that is inspired by their back catalog. There seem to be a few rumours that we might see something announced at Watches and Wonders in April. Do you think there is any reality to these rumours, or is just wishful thinking.

Something like this would be great xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where have you heard that the North Flag has been discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    If it's not - it's impossible to get one new.

I wore the Heritage Ranger every day for over a year so feel am qualified to comment on it and have said the same thing throughout.

Great looking watch, close to excellent but lacking in a few crucial areas. Firstly, the straight end links. The original Ranger didn’t have them, it does nothing for the watch. Secondly, the BB style tube down, sticks out too much on the more circular case of the Ranger, needs to be an ordinary flush fitting crown. Finally, at 41mm with a thin bezel it was just too big. Too much blank dial space, too much of a dinner plate look on wrist, needs to be a minimum of 39 like the Explorer, maybe even 37/38.

I think a lot of fans felt the same, and wished Tudor would improve it, which is why it wasn’t so popular.

Would be fantastic if they made it in 39 as they could use the BB58 no date movement which would keep it slim. Add a fitted end link bracelet, flush crown, straighten the smiley text, keep the rose on the dial and the drilled lugs and you have a winner, it’ll sell like hot cakes.

IDGuy on IG did a mock up of a potential new Ranger - slightly sterile for me, would want to keep a pop of colour on the seconds hand rather than have a Tudor product that was as conservative as a Rolex one, but something along these lines would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Multiple places, including here. I'll have a look for some links.

Last year was 50th anniversary of Tudors first chronograph but covid messed with everything. My guess would be a belated reissue of a chrono. Maybe a big block or exotic dial home plate or Monte Carlo variant?

Craftsman
    North Flag still showing on Tudor web site.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post

IDGuy on IG did a mock up of a potential new Ranger - slightly sterile for me, would want to keep a pop of colour on the seconds hand rather than have a Tudor product that was as conservative as a Rolex one, but something along these lines would be great.

Sweet Jesus! If they released that in 38/39, it would be an instant buy. It’s probably too explorer-ish though. I expect yet another black bay will be released.

A new, with a more conservative size Tudor ranger would be great, and definitely hard to resist!
    At the same time I'm wondering, would it not be mainly concurrencing the tudor bb32/36/41 line? Not sure they would take the risk on that
    Last edited by Wandril; 10th March 2021 at 14:41.

Quote Originally Posted by ajpac View Post
    North Flag still showing on Tudor web site.
    So is the Monte Carlo but my AD tells me they are not making it any more. Probably just selling old stock now till gone

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    A new, with a more conservative size Tudor ranger would be great, and definitely hard to resist!
    At the same time I'm wondering, would it not be mainly concurrencing the tudor bb32/36/41 line? Not sure they would take the risk on that
    I think there is enough of a difference. the bbxx aligns more to the OP, so I think there is a place for a more tool style watch.