closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omega Apollo 13 50th Anniversary 'Silver Snoopy Award' in the house!

I got mine today.

I was very happy that the AD held the price for me from 2020 despite me taking my deposit back 12-18 months ago.

I will end up ordering the Speedmaster bracelet I think…

Ps - have Omega stopped providing the Snoopy pin badge that was described in the original promotional material?

Craftsman
    I was at my local AD last weekend looking at something else and the salesman brought this for me to see. A nice looking watch though I much preferred the animated rear movement - couldn’t wait for Snoopy’s spaceship to come around. The £17.5k price put me off though.

Master
    Don't think it is quite that pricey is it? Unless you mean at a grey dealer?

RRP is £9,800

When they launched in 2020 it was £8,250

£17,000 is grey market.

Master

Omega Apollo 13 50th Anniversary 'Silver Snoopy Award' in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    No it’s around a £15k watch on the current market!

If you meant value for money then you can say the same for any luxury watch brand! It’s all subjective!
    I 100% agree with you, my view was that it’s not really worth the rrp but of course the market decides what they trade for on secondary. To be honest, I don’t think most watches are worth what the new rrp, seems new watch prices have massively inflated across the board over recent years, but I started many years ago so my baseline starts low, still, objectively I still think 10k is expensive, only a few years ago a new speedy on bracelet was less than 5k. My view is that if it’s machine finished (like most mid tier luxury watch brands), it should be comfortably less than 10k, anything more should have increasing elements of hand finishing or complications. You cannot justify some of these high prices these days, there just isnt enough labour hours that go in to it. So holy trinity and lange etc etc are worth it in terms of hand finishing, but most mid tier luxury should be priced accordingly unless it has significant precious metal or interesting complications (mono pushers, fly backs, split second, perpetual etc). Is this snoopy with the animation on the back interesting enough, subjective, I guess unique enough for some and yes can be endearing also, so I kinda get it, but then it’s not limited, just special, I don’t trust omega not to release many thousands and milk it, as they do. Aesthetically, this snoopy is ok, though it’s also a bit plain in truth, in the same way my original speedy Tuesday was nice, but also didn’t feel special enough. Like another comment, the 45th snoopy feels a lot cooler, and that is also reflected in secondary prices.

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I 100% agree with you, my view was that it’s not really worth the rrp but of course the market decides what they trade for on secondary. To be honest, I don’t think most watches are worth what the new rrp, seems new watch prices have massively inflated across the board over recent years, but I started many years ago so my baseline starts low, still, objectively I still think 10k is expensive, only a few years ago a new speedy on bracelet was less than 5k. My view is that if it’s machine finished (like most mid tier luxury watch brands), it should be comfortably less than 10k, anything more should have increasing elements of hand finishing or complications. You cannot justify some of these high prices these days, there just isnt enough labour hours that go in to it. So holy trinity and lange etc etc are worth it in terms of hand finishing, but most mid tier luxury should be priced accordingly unless it has significant precious metal or interesting complications (mono pushers, fly backs, split second, perpetual etc). Is this snoopy with the animation on the back interesting enough, subjective, I guess unique enough for some and yes can be endearing also, so I kinda get it, but then it’s not limited, just special, I don’t trust omega not to release many thousands and milk it, as they do. Aesthetically, this snoopy is ok, though it’s also a bit plain in truth, in the same way my original speedy Tuesday was nice, but also didn’t feel special enough. Like another comment, the 45th snoopy feels a lot cooler, and that is also reflected in secondary prices.
    I agree about your industry comments, prices have risen too rapidly with little justification.

I differ on the Snoopies, I found the 45th Apollo 13 snoopy rather dull and boring as I buy to wear and not to store in a safe. So I never even tried to buy one even as a speedy lover. people jumped on the Speedy bandwagon around this time and because the 45th was actually limited the speedy market went silly. So this £4,600 watch is now trading at 4 times or more!

I got my 50th because I loved the colours, design and the animation was a nice gimmick.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    RRP is £9,800

When they launched in 2020 it was £8,250

£17,000 is grey market.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00063762031466

£14950

And whoever sold it to the grey dealer, no doubt, got a lot less than the £15k asking price

And whoever sold it to the grey dealer, no doubt, got a lot less than the £15k asking price
    But considerably more than the RRP.

My guess would be around £2k profit selling to the grey at around £12000

But if you paid £8,250 then it would be considerably more.

Those with deposits secured the RRP at 2020 prices so I think you are missing the point slightly.

The watch is a fantastic one of the best imo.

Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great on the bracelet.

But if you paid £8,250 then it would be considerably more.

Those with deposits secured the RRP at 2020 prices so I think you are missing the point slightly.
    I think you were just very lucky as they could have no doubt sold it at the current RRP and I suspect knowing OB this is more likely to be minority behaviour rather than majority.

In any case the grey would have paid quite a bit less than their asking price and the majority of people will have paid whatever the RRP was when buying it from the OB. Hence, why I said ‘guess’

You said you got yours from an AD so are they now coming through the AD network after 3 years of being OB only? I suspect Omega won’t be happy they basically discounted the Snoopy!

Plus it is much better on the new Speedy bracelet. Really pops

Last edited by paw3001; 18th October 2023 at 00:30.

Ps - have Omega stopped providing the Snoopy pin badge that was described in the original promotional material?
    I never received the pin when I picked mine up a couple of months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    I never received the pin when I picked mine up a couple of months ago.

I collected mine back in April 2021 and there was no pin.

I think you were just very lucky as they could have no doubt sold it at the current RRP and I suspect knowing OB this is more likely to be minority behaviour rather than majority.

In any case the grey would have paid quite a bit less than their asking price and the majority of people will have paid whatever the RRP was when buying it from the OB. Hence, why I said ‘guess’

You said you got yours from an AD so are they now coming through the AD network after 3 years of being OB only? I suspect Omega won’t be happy they basically discounted the Snoopy!

Plus it is much better on the new Speedy bracelet. Really pops

I got mine from the OB.

Deposit paid in October 2020 and refunded about 18 months later as they had missed the anticipated delivery date by over a year.

They held my place in the queue and kept the RRP from 2020. Gentlemanly behaviour indeed.

Apparently the pin was Omega-owned OB only.

I got mine from the OB.

Deposit paid in October 2020 and refunded about 18 months later as they had missed the anticipated delivery date by over a year.

They held my place in the queue and kept the RRP from 2020. Gentlemanly behaviour indeed.

Apparently the pin was Omega-owned OB only.
    Not sure of that as mine was purchased from an Omega owned OB with the support of Omega’s own global head of retail back in early 2021 and I was 4th on their list!

The only pin I have seen was for the 45th Silver Snoopy. I have never seen one linked to the 50th to be honest.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by YCymro View Post
    I was at my local AD last weekend looking at something else and the salesman brought this for me to see. A nice looking watch though I much preferred the animated rear movement - couldn’t wait for Snoopy’s spaceship to come around. The £17.5k price put me off though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Don't think it is quite that pricey is it? Unless you mean at a grey dealer?
    Second hand from a Rolex AD
    Last edited by YCymro; 19th October 2023 at 10:12.

Master
    Those pesky Rolex ADs!

Master

This is the real secondary price though, sold for £13.5k sold on Watch Collecting. Seller would also have to net off the fee.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post

This is the real secondary price though, sold for £13.5k sold on Watch Collecting. Seller would also have to net off the fee.
    Seller does not pay any fees, they receive full hammer price. Only the buyer pays fees, 6% + VAT minimum £500 + VAT. So buyer would have paid £14472
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    These would probably hold some sort of value in the longer term.
    You’d think they may be discontinued in 2025 if they decide to launch a 55th version.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Just picked up this pup after a 3yr wait.. and glad to say the wait was worth it. But they really should come with the bracelet for the price.

WOOF!

Sent from my CPH2551 using Tapatalk
    Awesome. Well done buddy. Worth the wait I hope!

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk