closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PRS-30

Hybrid View

PRS-30

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

PRS-30

That's really nice Eddie.

PRS-30

Make that three! It looks great.

Happy days! I am most certainly in for this one!!

I'll be there; amazing looking watch!

Master
    Although Eddie has a right to reservations about this watch, I have a feeling in the current cllimate of bronze watches this watch will be a top seller. There are alot of considerations as to why this particular watch may do better in general and not only because of the reputation Eddie has brought to the table for his brands.

The cushion case in particular always drives the fans mad, using a real bronze alloy which alot of WIS do value, simplistic easy to read dial and for some a 6 o'clock date window. I very much like the combination of roman numerals and dots for lesser numbers it really brings the dial out. I can see this as a real solid seller.

Good luck Eddie!

Wow, very nice. I might have to make this my 3rd Bronze watch.

Journeyman
    Hoping I am quick enough and have the funds spare. Might have to be a cheaper holiday but doubt the wife and kids would agree

Did you receive all 300, or was the final build a lower number?

Quote Originally Posted by gonzomantis View Post
    Did you receive all 300, or was the final build a lower number?
    I have 150 now and have to take the remaining 150 within 6 months. It promises to be a busy time because the Dreadnought GMT and Smiths diver should arrive in 2 - 3 weeks.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I have 150 now and have to take the remaining 150 within 6 months. It promises to be a busy time because the Dreadnought GMT and Smiths diver should arrive in 2 - 3 weeks.

Eddie
    Will the Smiths diver also be a small batch at first? I wouldn't be surprised if that sells out almost as fast as the Dreadnought GMT.

PRS-30

Eddie
    I'll take one of those, it's about the best looking watch I've ever seen.

Assuming you go ahead with this, what's the likely timescale and final price estimate?

Would it be possible to fit your 50 chronograph movements into this to effectively reduce the numbers slightly? If so, I'll take one of those too ( the one with the red thingy!).

Dave

Cool Newby Comment on PRS-30

I have been a lurker on the site for a couple of years, but this watch has just made me join the forum! This watch has just got to be made as far as I am concerned - and a Seagull Unitas wouldn't be a problem in my opinion (though that probably doesn't count for a lot).
    I would certainly be in the queue for one.

A bit of a rushed comment will try to do a proper intro post soon

Journeyman
    Yipee ! Can't wait. Hope the price is not a deterrent...

For those concerned about pricing, I think it's important to note that Eddie has a long history of bon marche watches. In fact, I can't think of a single one which could be described as anything less than good VFM, and most are great VFM. If the style appeals to you, you'll be hard-pressed to find a bigger bang for your buck (or is that "Pow for your pound"?).
    I'm on the fence about another bronze watch - my Polluce is standing me in good stead - but will be watching with interest! I can tell you that I'd be interested in a bronze buckle! SS just doesn't seem right with the bronze Polluce.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    For those concerned about pricing, I think it's important to note that Eddie has a long history of bon marche watches. In fact, I can't think of a single one which could be described as anything less than good VFM, and most are great VFM. If the style appeals to you, you'll be hard-pressed to find a bigger bang for your buck (or is that "Pow for your pound"?).
    I'm on the fence about another bronze watch - my Polluce is standing me in good stead - but will be watching with interest! I can tell you that I'd be interested in a bronze buckle! SS just doesn't seem right with the bronze Polluce.
    I'm not concerned about the price per se, I'd just like an idea of approximately how much I need to save and an idea of how long I've got to save it. I'm definitely in for one of those.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I'm not concerned about the price per se, I'd just like an idea of approximately how much I need to save and an idea of how long I've got to save it. I'm definitely in for one of those.
    I have no inside information but as to how much I reckon if you look to save about £1000 then that should cover it (hopefully with quite some to spare). Look at the (very broadly) similar 44mm Bronze Moray from Benarus: $1300 plus shipping (about $50), so about £840, or about £1000 including VAT once imported.

As to how long: I'd guess more than six months.

Any comments anyone?

I thought Eddie's email this week said 6-8 weeks?

Email? I did sign up for it but never get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Email? I did sign up for it but never get it.
    Hundreds of e-mails bounce back because the receiving server treats them as spam.

Eddie

Hundreds of e-mails bounce back because the receiving server treats them as spam.

Eddie

Might be worth putting you email notification as a sticky within this forum in future for a few weeks and we could pick it up here too....?

After reading this i have changed my email from hotmail to a work address. I hate missing out!

Great strap, absolutely stunning!

That looks better than hoped for. The date window looks perfectly aligned between 4 and 5 and the second hand looks better without a circular or square end. The strap looks just as chunky as it needs to be. Just waiting for price confirmation now and then the breathless wait can commence!

Really, Eddie, you've excelled yourself this time.

Master
    That looks magnificent.

YumYum
    Gray

Add my name to the 300!
    "THIS IS PRECISTA!!!"

Can't wait!

Craftsman
    Congrats Eddie, another winner!

Like the DN the PRS-30 has proved that you can design and produce a watch from scratch that not only compares with, but beats the established names hands down. I had never considered a bronze watch before and like so many am waiting for a glimpse of the DN GMT but this is so so tempting.

Congrats again,

Michael

Aaaargh! Just when the Mrs decided to count how many watches I have (whilst obviously bored one day) and decided that I have 'quite a lot'! The way she said it was like it was some sort of problem or something...wimmin!
    Congratulations Eddie on what must be the finest Precista to date.

Yep I'm in.

Craftsman
    top grade

Banned
    i really like this one. the dial is very well balanced and the placement of the date window is excellent. if my wrists wouldnt be so small i would be VERY interested.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by merloplano View Post
    top grade
    How can you tell? I thought 'Top' grades have a Glucydur balance wheel with the curved spokes, the balance wheel in the picture (although not clear because its moving) the spokes look straight to me.

The classic Doctor's watch....

..... well done Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    How can you tell? I thought 'Top' grades have a Glucydur balance wheel with the curved spokes, the balance wheel in the picture (although not clear because its moving) the spokes look straight to me.
    According to the ETA spec sheet on their website, all the 2824 now have Glucydur balance. It just says "Glucydur gilt, blind holes". This is the 2010 manufacturing information spec sheet.

Eddie

Could I have one on Monday please? I'll be in to sign for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Could I have one on Monday please? I'll be in to sign for it...
    What, you mean yours hasn't arrived yet?

According to the ETA spec sheet on their website, all the 2824 now have Glucydur balance. It just says "Glucydur gilt, blind holes". This is the 2010 manufacturing information spec sheet.

Eddie
    I made a phone call and apparently the "Top" grade (and all other grades) is available with or without Glucydur balance. The Glucydur balance version is special order with a long delivery time.

Eddie

Stop faffing man and get packing

Actually, take your time. I can't get one yet!
    Gray

Craftsman
    i just read the previous posts (but you made an excellent point that required a phone call)

I think this will be my first Time-Factors watch. I think it looks fantastic. I really hope I get one and it doesn't look to big on my girly wrists.

How did you get your hands on one?

What's the dimensions please.

Craftsman
    the shots with sunlights show indeed a lot of contrast between the hands frame, the date wheel and the dial, light brown in this conditions. not sure about the effect

is the buckle 24mm? how long is the strap, if i may ask?

Craftsman
    Whats is OCD it I may ask

Craftsman
    Price indication? Or are we going to have to wait until release day? :)

Quote Originally Posted by edfuller View Post
    Price indication? Or are we going to have to wait until release day? :)
    The approach to whip us all into a fever pitch with splendid photographs, tantalising glimpses of extraordinary packaging and suggestions of a better than normal booklet suggests a final big reveal on launch day.

It would be good for my health to know just when launch day is though. Not sure my heart can take the strain for much longer!

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrover View Post
    Whats is OCD it I may ask
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, examples of which are having to wash ones hands every five minutes or walking through a doorway with ones left eye closed or arranging items just so on ones desk. I have a sister with OCD who obsesses about cleanliness to the point that she whips a mug out of your hand the second you have finished drinking to wash it up. A friend also has it and her obsession is to start the day with a trip to a particular point on a road near her village. If she doesn't take the trip, she can't settle into anything and becomes agitated. A very strange and debilitating condition.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the explaination

Craftsman
    And ? Weekend is almost over...... :)