closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-30

Hybrid View

Anyone speeded up the patina process on their PRS-30 yet? I had a go on the Maranez brass I had and was quite happy with the results, although I removed it before I sold it on. I think it suits certain bronze divers but not sure if it would on a smarter looking watch like this...
    Pics please.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Anyone speeded up the patina process on their PRS-30 yet? I had a go on the Maranez brass I had and was quite happy with the results, although I removed it before I sold it on. I think it suits certain bronze divers but not sure if it would on a smarter looking watch like this...
    Pics please.
    I've contemplated getting some liver of sulphur and giving it go. How did you go about it?

The watch head patinates nicely and quickly with liver of sulphur but the buckle doesn't because it was passivated. The buckle will patinate but at a much slower rate. I didn't know they routinely passivated bronze items to slow down patination or I would have asked them not to.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    The watch head patinates nicely and quickly with liver of sulphur but the buckle doesn't because it was passivated. The buckle will patinate but at a much slower rate. I didn't know they routinely passivated bronze items to slow down patination or I would have asked them not to.

Eddie
    I don't know about using liver of sulphur and don't intend to try it due to the reportedly horrible smell. FWIW, the strap buckle on my sample has darkened visibly and nicely after only 1½ week out in the air/on the arm. But maybe that's due to my bad breath. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    I've contemplated getting some liver of sulphur and giving it go. How did you go about it?
    Hard boiled egg's! I didn't take pics unfortunately, the result was pretty good and I made an egg mayonnaise sandwich for my lunch too. Result!