closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS-30

Re: PRS-30

YoY do I insist on dragging this thread from from the grave... coz I want one!

Still, the CAF'll do nicely for 8 - 10 weeks :lol: :wink: :lol:
    Gray

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gray
    YoY do I insist on dragging this thread from from the grave... coz I want one!
    I don't think it was in the grave as such, just in the high dependency unit...

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie
    The text plus Precista below 12 marker with raised, black, ink and voilį!

Blog Entries

Nah, like this... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon
    Nah, like this... ;-)

Dribble... so much about that design is special :drunken:
    Gray

^ i dont really go for roman numerals on a watch as they often risk looking too twee for my taste - but those have a neo classical rugged simplicity and a symmetry that is hard to resist :drunken:
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath
    ^ i dont really go for roman numerals on a watch as they often risk looking too twee for my taste - but those have a neo classical rugged simplicity and a symmetry that is hard to resist :drunken:
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon
    Nah, like this... ;-)

If it was available, I'd order one today.

... but those have a neo classical rugged simplicity and a symmetry that is hard to resist :drunken:
    Blimey :shock: ... but I do agree wholeheartedly :lol:

Some designs have that certain something and for me this one has it by the bucketful. Although I've not recently seen a bronze watch with a bronze crown, I am sure it would be possible.

Nearly every design I look at I can spot something I'd like to change, or would prefer to be a little different, and with this one it's pretty near perfect - slightly less pointy lugs would be my only comment. I'd buy one without hesitation.

The "forever" P is a really neat touch too.
    Gray

Wonder how this is coming along, the case is a thing of beauty, love the profile pic.

Catalin

I've moved past bronze this week, so this'll do nicley [s:2km5e3pm]now[/s:2km5e3pm] - I mean in 8 - 10 weeks :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Jack“s Dad
    I think I prefer the bronze version because of the uniqueness of the patination with time.

I suppose only Eddie knows if this will come before or after the CAF...
    Everybody knows it won't come before the CAF :lol: .

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by Jack“s Dad
    I see that it“s guess the price time next door, are we still looking at 8 to 10 weeks for the CAF Eddie?
    Any delivery date they give me is just something plucked out of the air to keep me quiet for a while.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman

Side elevations for comment, the large crown will make for a deep case. I'd be interested in opinion on preferred sizes so I can get some specific sizes to these drawings, mention of it been smaller than the PRS-20 but that's all so far.

I've tried white date with black type but it just draws too much attention to the date, I prefer the date to be subtle as I think you don't need to be reminded of it every time you glance for the time. Circular aperture looks best too.

Best wishes, Chris.
    A little bump for this lovely design........ 42mm for my money and a seagull movement would be fine. I also like the round date aperture :bounce:

my favourite so far would be with a diamond shaped seconds hand like this but with the capitals font as shown in the post above for the 'precista' name. i just hope the bugger isnt too big....40mm is my max these days...

Come on

Where do I sign?

Tim

wow such an old thread. Where is this watch?

MAke it sub 42mm and I'd be interested. The Italian already fills the 44mm bracket so please don't make another one!
    I'm not usually a fan of bronze though...

Quote Originally Posted by lostguy

MAke it sub 42mm and I'd be interested. The Italian already fills the 44mm bracket so please don't make another one!
    IMHO, the trend at this time is OVER SIZE watch and this trend will last for many years from now on.

My wrist is small: 170mm = less than 7'', I did try 47mm then asked many people how they feel. Most of them said "OK". I asked them again " Does it look too big for my wrist". Again, most of them replied "NO".

If your wrist is as small as mine, you should try the 47mm one, then ask the others. You will find the answer.

If PRS-30 is 42mm, it will be considered as a poor marketing research (IMHO)

It should be 45mm or 47mm. Please bare in mind that the new PAM372 is 47mm. I think they have a good reason to make it 47mm

Please read the link here:
    http://www.men-access.com/wristwatch-tr ... verything/

My wrist is small: 170mm = less than 7'', I did try 47mm then asked many people how they feel. Most of them said "OK". I asked them again " Does it look too big for my wrist". Again, most of them replied "NO".
    Very polite friends you have. :wink:

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oman009

IMHO, the trend at this time is OVER SIZE watch and this trend will last for many years from now on.
    Why should this watch conform to fashion trends? Which arguably won't actually last (being a trend, rather than entrenched)?
    It should be 45mm or 47mm. Please bare in mind that the new PAM372 is 47mm. I think they have a good reason to make it 47mm
    The markets for this TF watch and multi-thousand pound high-end fashion brands like Panerai are very, very different. To force an analogy, just because huge trucks like Audi Q7, Mercedes GL and Lexus LX570 exist and are popular with some people, does not mean that sports saloons should look the same as them.
    I haven't clicked on it, but I suspect any URL starting "men-access.com" will tip people even further in the other direction ;).
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    Very polite friends you have. :wink:
    :lol: My first thought.

Hi Tribe125 and Optimum

You laugh at me for 47mm watch
    The others will LOL at you when you go for 40mm

It is a master of taste. No one wrong and no one right here

:D

Let wait and see which size Eddie will choose

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oman009
    You laugh at me for 47mm watch
    The others will LOL at you when you go for 40mm
    No-one's laughing, they're just miffed at the idea of something being made that has a restricted market.

40mm is more wearable for more people - fact. 47mm is at the extreme end of what people in this market want. Do you "loll" at people with 40mm watches? Crivens, how many teeth do you have left? :lol:

Eddie said 42mm when this watch was first mooted. Smaller when (if) fitted with a quartz. I can't see any reason why that would change, especially given the comments encouraging this watch to be sized sensibly.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Journeyman

Under 42mm would be a deal breaker for me too and would lead to much disappointment as I have been eagerly awaiting this one.

47 is on the large side for many people, depending on the lug to lug, so somewhere in between would be ideal IMO.
    The dreadnought was 44 and that didn't hurt its popularity. Besides it's not like there hasn't been enough offerings from Eddie for the genteel-of-wrist lately.

my favourite so far would be with a diamond shaped seconds hand like this but with the capitals font as shown in the post above for the 'precista' name. i just hope the bugger isnt too big....40mm is my max these days...
    Wow,how much is that beauty?It`s fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by mitadoc
    New around here, eh? :wink:

Worth a shot I suppose.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by gonzomantis
    Quote Originally Posted by mitadoc
    New around here, eh? :wink:

Worth a shot I suppose.
    You can't blame the lad for trying LOL :)

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

i like that fact that eddie is putting a bronze crown on it - hopefully not as expensive as the panerai or anomino with that!!!

any update for this dream timepiece Mr PLatts? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by oca9i
    +1
    :D :twisted: :D

It's not ready yet
    Gray

Master

I want some Bronze! :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon
    Quote Originally Posted by oca9i
    +1
    :D :twisted: :D
    +2

As Withnail would say: "I demand to have some bronze!" :D

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    Most of what Withnail said can't be repeated in this forum :lol: .

Eddie

How the feck could I have missed this monumental thread? Mind you, I have just spent a pleasurable half an hour reading through the 33 pages having just finished debriefing my staff for the week in preparation for next week.

I am seriously interested in knowing when this beauty will get off the ground, particularly since I would love a bronze-ish piece and can't think of any better stable mate than another Precista to go with my treasured PRS20. Seeing a matching case and crown is a real delight.

I will keep a close eye on this thread.

Craftsman

This is the watch that brought me to this forum - the development process is giving me a little insight into how the people who waited for the CAF suffered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    Most of what Withnail said can't be repeated in this forum :lol: .

Eddie
    Fork it!

As you can see from the drawings, there's a lot going on with this case and it's not an off-the-shelf job shared with a dozen other microbrands. This watch will not cost less than £600, which makes me wonder if I can justify the investment in the minimum 300 pieces required.

To allay any fears that anyone may have the bronze is coming from Switzerland, not China :wink: . Nickel Aluminium Bronze UNS designation C63000, C63200, ASTM specification B171.

Eddie

looks lovely eddie, would be a shame if it didnt get into production

Phew, amazing looking watch; limited edition, unique design, respected brand, price is serious, but I can imagine getting there. Anything even slightly in the ball park is a lot more.

Big investment decision! I can only wish you luck with this, but I think I'd be looking at how to market outside of the immediate confines of TF.

Mark

Looks amazing Eddie. The curves on the backside of the case and end of the lugs really really make it stand out and the case material is great 8)

Depending on how far the other side of 600 quid it was I would be up for one. How about doing a pre-order deposit to get firm commitment, returnable if you don't get 300 names and it doesn't go ahead but non-refundable once you give the go-ahead for production (given sufficient warning of course)?

It would be a real shame if it didn't make it into real life as it looks like a cracker.

I can echo kungfugerbil's thoughts and would happily place a deposit on the piece, dependant on how far North of £600 this one goes and dependant on timescales. I am still a bit childlike when it comes to shiny ticking things and can see myself losing interest if it looked as though the wait was going to be too long.

I really like the look of this one and would happily go for one with a second hand or one without. The only other comments at this stage are the crown in the images does not match the crown on the drawings. Which one will it be? Will it be the same material as the case? I hope so as this is one of the things that has let down almost every other bronze cased watch I have seen.

That's a bit commitment, and I can understand your reticence, Eddie. I like the look of that a lot, however, so hope you decide to take the plunge!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Blog Entries

This watch will not cost less than £600, which makes me wonder if I can justify the investment in the minimum 300 pieces required.
    I can't imagine this not selling out at £600 each. That is not expensive by today's standards. (But of course it's easy for me to say that when it's not my money on the line!).

Are you intending to do it without second hand? Personally I'd much prefer it with second hand. To my mind having a second hand is more tool-like.

Although there's nothing wrong with onion crowns, as in the drawing, I think the largish straight-sided (or slightly conical?) crown as in the renderings somhow suits this watch better. Either way, as jmarchitect said, it would be excellent if the crown could either be made from bronze or PVDed to match the case.

PRS-30

Excellent idea about the deposit especially if it gets this project moving along.
    I'm in!

Cheers,
    Adam.

:D looking great, a deposit or at least a reservation list is the way to go with this, get say 200 deposits and then order them.

I have to say that I'm not feeling 300 watches worth of love for this one.

Eddie

Master

Looks great, very interested, but again the eventual price is key.

Just a thought, would it be possible to do a limited run in Bronze followed by a SS version for a longer run?
    Would this help amortize the costs of the programming across more watches and reduce the price?

Master

300 watches is a huge commitment your caution is understandable.

What is the reason for having such a a high minimum, is this something that has changed with the Eurozone crisis, suppliers unwilling to work for smaller projects with slimmer margins?

I would love to see this launch however.