closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris Big Crown 80th Anniversary Edition 40mm Mens Watch (bronze), Possible Mod.

Journeyman

Oris Big Crown 80th Anniversary Edition 40mm Mens Watch (bronze), Possible Mod.

I recently purchased the Big Crown 80th Anniversary Edition 40mm Mens Watch (bronze).
    Unfortunately I have not found as much love for it as I thought I would. I believe this is possibly the green dial.

Anyway I was wondering if it would be possible to buy another dial in a different colour way, and get the local watch artisan to fit it.
    I was thinking they must all be the same size??

Where do I source one from, do I go to Oris direct? and would they sell me one direct?
    Any ideas on cost as if it was too much not really worth having it done. Any reasonable thoughts or knowledge that can be shared on this would be appreciated. Many Thanks.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I recently purchased the Big Crown 80th Anniversary Edition 40mm Mens Watch (bronze).
    Unfortunately I have not found as much love for it as I thought I would. I believe this is possibly the green dial.”

Surely you know what colour the dial is, as it’s your watch!

Just kidding, but if you manage to source a dial expect to pay around £80 - £100 for the the swap.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

I have this watch as well!
    Would it not be more simple to sell this one and get one of the other dial variations?

I assume the OP means he's not bonding 'possibly because of the green dial'. The problem would be that Oris only supply parts to authorised repair centres so they won't sell you one direct. The UK centre 'might' do such a swap but you're probably going to get stung for the privilege (https://www.chrontime.co.uk)

As per another answer it would be easier to sell & buy a dial colour you like

Although I understand that would only be a choice between the pointer date bronze with bronze dial, or the fratello version with red dial, which might not be to the taste of the op.
    I actually think the fratello pointer date has been created being inspired by someone asking oris to put a red pointer date dial in the bronze case, but as said, I definitely reckon that will be for a nice premium!

Master
    https://www.chrontime.co.uk this is the Uk service centre for Oris. They will get back quickly in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman

Good Point

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Unfortunately I have not found as much love for it as I thought I would. I believe this is possibly the green dial.”

Surely you know what colour the dial is, as it’s your watch!

Just kidding, but if you manage to source a dial expect to pay around £80 - £100 for the the swap.

Thanks Ben, yes maybe my Colour blindness is the real stumbling block here, Thanks for the useful costing guidance duly noted.

Journeyman

Thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    I have this watch as well!
    Would it not be more simple to sell this one and get one of the other dial variations?
    Depends on the cost to have it done, I have the feeling that the depreciation on a second hand watch would be more than the cost of the mod??? But that's why I'm asking the questions to work it out. Thanks for the coming back.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzer View Post
    I assume the OP means he's not bonding 'possibly because of the green dial'. The problem would be that Oris only supply parts to authorised repair centres so they won't sell you one direct. The UK centre 'might' do such a swap but you're probably going to get stung for the privilege (https://www.chrontime.co.uk)

As per another answer it would be easier to sell & buy a dial colour you like
    Thank you for the considered advice.

Journeyman

Thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Although I understand that would only be a choice between the pointer date bronze with bronze dial, or the fratello version with red dial, which might not be to the taste of the op.
    I actually think the fratello pointer date has been created being inspired by someone asking oris to put a red pointer date dial in the bronze case, but as said, I definitely reckon that will be for a nice premium!
    I believe you could easily be correct, I read somewhere that an individual purchased said bronze watch and ordered the maroon dial at point of sale and had it changed out from new.

I suspect all the dial colour variants would fit, obviously there are hand set colour differences as well to consider. Thank you for the advice and comment.

Journeyman

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    https://www.chrontime.co.uk this is the Uk service centre for Oris. They will get back quickly in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thank you very useful guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I believe you could easily be correct, I read somewhere that an individual purchased said bronze watch and ordered the maroon dial at point of sale and had it changed out from new.

I suspect all the dial colour variants would fit, obviously there are hand set colour differences as well to consider. Thank you for the advice and comment.
    You would just need another colour of dial, as the handset for the bronze stays the same and there is nothing applied on the dial.
    When I said it might be simpler to get another pointer date, I was thinking second hand, as otherwise you would take the depreciation on the value of the oris twice...painful that would be!

Definitely worth sending a mail at Oris, maybe the tricky part would be to ask them to change the dial on a watch they already sold to you, rather than doing it before they sell the watch, while it's still in the factory

Good luck for your project with them!
    Keep us updated if you get some news from oris regarding your enquiry!