closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Air fryers

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Did you not clock his user name?
    Yes, hence my comment, I wasn't being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    The Mrs does the same with lemons and Tangerines stuffed inside and then packing butter under the skin.
    Stays really moist.
    Nice...I give it a good rub all over with the butter and a couple of bastes along the way.

Merry Christmas to you and yours H.

Must be a small (chicken sized) turkey to fit in an air-fryer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Yes, hence my comment, I wasn't being serious.
    Ah. Well Neil didn't get it!

Using a toast/coaster rack for burgers

Master
    I don't normally like looking at pics of other folks food and seeing the pics of air fried food hasn't changed that. They remind me of warmed up dinners that granny made, then "warmed up" when I was late, then had to chuck a bit of gravy on to make it edible - sort of!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Using a toast/coaster rack for burgers
    A clever solution to something that shouldn’t be needed - it just seems wrong to me. Perhaps I never got on with the air fryer as never found much that was better from it, SIL has it now.

I can’t get my head around an air fried burger; flat top, griddle / skillet, bbq or even SV and then seared, just not air fried for some reason. I’d add an oven grill in the no-way list also.

As long as you enjoyed it, that’s the important thing. 6 burgers, 3 people with appetite or cooking for 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    A clever solution to something that shouldn’t be needed - it just seems wrong to me. Perhaps I never got on with the air fryer as never found much that was better from it, SIL has it now.

I can’t get my head around an air fried burger; flat top, griddle / skillet, bbq or even SV and then seared, just not air fried for some reason. I’d add an oven grill in the no-way list also.

As long as you enjoyed it, that’s the important thing. 6 burgers, 3 people with appetite or cooking for 6?
    The burger/rack pic was just off internet, but I think it’s worth a try.

The air fryer isnt the solution to everything, but it has its uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

I'm a month or so into my air fryer. TBH the main benefit I find from it is the reduction in cleaning up afterwards. Roast veg in the oven used to leave me with an ocean of used oil to sieve and re-use or dispose of; now it's no more than a quick immersion of the silicon bucket.
    Downside is that I cook meal components individually, and use the combi microwave as a hot cabinet, which detracts from the energy-saving aspect, but without doing the maths I still think it is way cheaper than using the fan oven even if I can roast all components together.

Anyone recommend a good crammer "How to make the most of your air fryer including guides for temperatures etc"? I'm an old-fashioned guy and don't feel comfortable with looking everything up online. I prefer a book to browse.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    I'm a month or so into my air fryer. TBH the main benefit I find from it is the reduction in cleaning up afterwards. Roast veg in the oven used to leave me with an ocean of used oil to sieve and re-use or dispose of; now it's no more than a quick immersion of the silicon bucket.
    Downside is that I cook meal components individually, and use the combi microwave as a hot cabinet, which detracts from the energy-saving aspect, but without doing the maths I still think it is way cheaper than using the fan oven even if I can roast all components together.

Anyone recommend a good crammer "How to make the most of your air fryer including guides for temperatures etc"? I'm an old-fashioned guy and don't feel comfortable with looking everything up online. I prefer a book to browse.
    I have heard that 'Poppy Cooks' by Poppy O'Toole is supposed to be quite good.

I don't own the book myself, so cant actually 'recommend' it based on my own experience though, but I have heard good things. She seems to come across as knowing what she is on about when it comes to all things air-fryer on Saturday Kitchen too.

Thanks Maysie, I'll check it out.

Master

That was exactly where I got to with cooking things individually and keeping warm. Never felt it was as freshly cooked as it could have been if that makes sense.

Prefer to use 2 ovens and whatever else is required in / outside to cook everything to be ready at the same time.

Perhaps horses for courses based on what cooking tech works for individuals, as my ninja soup maker has been used 2+ times a week since I got it & I’ve never been consuming so much veg.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The burger/rack pic was just off internet, but I think it’s worth a try.

The air fryer isnt the solution to everything, but it has its uses.
    It’s an interesting take on multiple burgers. Assuming they wound need to be rotated at some point for even cooking.

I did buy some tiny skewers in a rack, but with a relatively small fryer they didn’t hold much food & I would rather light the bbq which I know isn’t exactly a time saver!

I am cooking for just 1 1/2 people which does bring the air fryer into contention.

I have never had such a delicious gammon joint as the air-fried one.
    Last edited by unclealec; 18th January 2024 at 17:43.

I am cooking for just 1 1/2 people which does bring the air fryer into contention.

I have never had such a delicious gammon joint as the air-fried one.
    Do ours now in the air fryer, with a glaze of mustard, honey and marmalade they are simply delicious.