closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Share your final 2020 SOTC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    State of mine, there are others but I'm slowly getting rid of them and holding out for a GO Seventies Chrono

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Very nice.....that could almost be my perfect 3wc.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I've been using Tissot service cases which are really good but I also bought the Wolf 3x watch roll in the black Friday sale so could use that now too. I prefer seeing them all by opening one thing rather than one case per watch.
    Ah nice, the Wolf watch rolls looked really good.

For traveling with watches I'd probably use the Wolf roll to be honest, as I wouldn't be expecting any big knocks. The Peli is going to be far more robust protection, so I like it for storage.

Not much change for some years now; in order of acquisition. (I have only ever sold one watch which was a Dornblüth to LTF on here and even that was a while ago.)

Rolex Day Date WG
    Rolex Oysterquartz
    JLC Master Tourbillon
    JLC Duomètre Quantième Lunaire
    Patek 3940R
    ALS 1815 Chronograph
    Atmos clock
    GS GMT
    GS High Beat
    Voutilainen Vingt 8

Master
    OK, here's my SOTC for 2020, not much change from '19, but 4 additions, PRS-45, Douglas, Hamilton & B&M.

So,
    Tudor Heritage chrono',
    Tudor BB chrono',
    Baume & Mercier Capeland chrono',
    Breitling SuperOcean 44,
    Breitling Chronospace,
    Bremont Alt1P,
    Glycine Airman 9 GMT chrono',
    Fortis B42 Official Cosmonauts chrono',
    Ball Engineer,
    Steinhart Vintage Ocean GMT,
    Tutima Grand Flieger 80th anni chrono'/Douglas(Wolbrook) skindiver world timer,
    Hamilton Pilot GMT,
    Precista PRS-45 Aerotimer.
    I'm supposed to be receiving a package today from DHL a day early which contains a Bulova A-15 Pilot.
    As you can see I do like my chronograph/GMT complications.
    Since buying the Douglas from SC it has had very little wear, mainly due to size, I just can't get on with 40mm, too small for my taste. So that will probably find its way back to SC in the next week
    or two.
    Other than that, still very happy with the collection & apologies for the rubbish photo.
    Cheers.

Craftsman
    So here’s my current crop of watches. The Rolex GMT, Tudor GMT and the Zenith Chronograph came this year. An IWC pilot chronograph, Longines Legend Diver and Oris BC3 departed.

For the coming year I’m struggling to see what could improve my current collection. Maybe a Rolex Explorer 39mm could be an every day watch, with the Breitling Superocean leaving.....we’ll see how 2021 pans out !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andy111s View Post
    Some, at least:

Those two EZM1s are I totally regret selling mine.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Master
    No significant incomings this year as quite settled with what I've got, so much that I finally managed to sell a few. Would still like to reduce the numbers but in no rush to do so until something really catches my eye.

Looking through all the SOTCs on here, it's especially nice to see those with variety and that the vast majority are clearly purchased primarily for their inherent appeal rather than for investment or Instagram purposes (not that either is necessarily a bad thing!).

Last edited by deepreddave; 3rd January 2021 at 18:47.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I keep toying with AP. How do you find it compared to the others. Great collection btw

Take a good look at Blancpain - there really should be a top 'quartet', not just 'trilogy' ....
    I have had AP Royal Oak 14790 and the 15300, VC Overseas 42042 and 47040 - and would choose BP any day.

Amazing stuff !

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Very fortunate to pick up a couple of unexpected watches this year. My first attempt at using a light box which then blew out so it’s gone back.

That's a cracking collection, miss seeing any Blancpains though .....

Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    Aptly timed thread given that Father Christmas brought me a 12 slot watch box as I had outgrown the previous 6 slot box. Aim is not to add any more, the IWC will hopefully give way to a 2021 incoming but other than that, no planned changes!
    Super collection - nice variety.

My Omega collection has been made a bit slimmer this year (excuse the interloper):

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    No significant incomings this year as quite settled with what I've got, so much that I finally managed to sell a few. Would still like to reduce the numbers but in no rush to do so until something really catches my eye.

Looking through all the SOTCs on here, it's especially nice to see those with variety and that the vast majority are clearly purchased primarily for their inherent appeal rather than for investment or Instagram purposes (not that either is necessarily a bad thing!).

Nice collection there Dave, what’s number 5 ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    Nice collection there Dave, what’s number 5 ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Cheers, most have come via SC so I'm grateful to the forum and members. It's a Fortis 'West in Space' Stratoliner, limited edition of 200. I bought it a few years back from Howard and it's the watch featured in this article. Don't wear it loads but it's one that always raises a smile when I do. https://monochrome-watches.com/colle...r-chronograph/
    Last edited by deepreddave; 3rd January 2021 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Take a good look at Blancpain - there really should be a top 'quartet', not just 'trilogy' ....
    I have had AP Royal Oak 14790 and the 15300, VC Overseas 42042 and 47040 - and would choose BP any day.

Amazing stuff !
    Completely different designs. Blancpain aesthetics have never appealed to me tbh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Very fortunate to pick up a couple of unexpected watches this year. My first attempt at using a light box which then blew out so it’s gone back.

How did I miss this post? Nearly peed my pants (sorry that's rather infantile) - what a super set!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    My Omega collection has been made a bit slimmer this year (excuse the interloper):

Love the grail in there...

@deepreddave - What did you use to create the photo montage please & would you recommend it? Thanks
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Apprentice

Mine looks a bit Noddy after some of these but not all get worn regularly.

Also forgot I needed to correct the direction of the brains on the DW5600e

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    @deepreddave - What did you use to create the photo montage please & would you recommend it? Thanks
    Andy, I used the free app below. Only used it a few times but it's simple, intuitive and does the job (there are a few ads as you go through the process but I just close them after a few secs ago not an issue).

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    How did I miss this post? Nearly peed my pants (sorry that's rather infantile) - what a super set!
    I did pee mine. I'd take that lot and retire from the game.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Capewell899 View Post

Mine looks a bit Noddy after some of these but not all get worn regularly.

Also forgot I needed to correct the direction of the brains on the DW5600e

Mmmmm Spork

Craftsman

Todays collection
    Would be interesting to fast forward 12 months and see whats changed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have a pic but this is where I am at the moment;

Rolex

16030 Datejust (silver dial)
    16570 Explorer 2 (black dial)
    116520 Daytona (black dial)

Omega

2261.50 JDM Seamaster Pro
    3523.51 JDM Speedmaster Triple date
    311.30.42.30.01.005 Speedmaster Pro

Cartier

Roadster
    Must21 Chronoscaph

Seikos

SKX399 'filipino SKX@
    SKX779 Black Monster
    6309-7040
    7548-700A (Dec '80 birth year & month)
    7548-7000 (Dec '80 birth year & month)
    7548-7003 (Dec '80 birth year & month)
    SBCM023 8F35 quartz Perpetual Calendar
    SRP234K (Black & Gold Baby Tuna)
    SMY080P Kinetic

Milwatches

1980 CWC Fatboy
    1981 CWC Fatboy Navigator
    1982 Precista G10
    1984 Precista G10
    1995 CWC Quartz Diver
    CWC 2 register Chronograph (issued to the BBC, early 80's)

Timefactors

PRS-82 Reissue
    PRS-18Q
    PRS-25 Smiths Everest
    PRS-7 Speedbird 2 (currently not working)

G-Shock

GW-M5610-1ER Square
    GW-M5610-1BJF - as above, JDM version with negative display, black case & strap
    GW-M5610MD-7JF - as above, JDM version, negative display, white case & strap
    GW-9200-1ER Riseman
    GBD-H1000-1A7ER
    W-729H vintage digital

Others

Infantry Chronograph (Daytona homage)
    Sofraf (70's vintage handwinder)
    Steinhart JG74 Limited edition Flieger
    Timex Q Reissue
    2x near-NOS Vostok Komandirskies, 1 blue, 1 white
    silver cased trench watch, hallmarked for 1917

Fitness

Apple Watch Series 3 (Nike+)
    Suunto 9

Plans are to slim this lot down considerably this year, keeping the Rolex, Cartiers, Speedy Pro, and a couple of beaters

Craftsman
    Looking at these posts is going against my 3 watch limit plan for 2021

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    Looking at these posts is going against my 3 watch limit plan for 2021
    The struggle is real

Current state.

Plans for 2021 are to upgrade the Panerai to another Panerai and perhaps move on the Dreadnought.

Quote Originally Posted by coldors View Post
    Current state.

Plans for 2021 are to upgrade the Panerai to another Panerai and perhaps move on the Dreadnought.

That second row is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    That second row is fantastic.
    Thank you! A few more spaces to fill in the box - I’m making a conscious decision to be a bit more creative in my choices, sometimes I feel everything I own is a bit ‘safe’.

Master
    First The Automatics.

Top row left to right on the winders.
    Ulysse Nardin Dual Time 'El Toro' Dial | Eterna Tangaroa | Breitling SOH II B20 | 40mm Smiths Everest

Bottom Row
    GMT MM Homage | Parnis Portuguesier Homage | Spinnaker Hull California Dial | Seiko Superior Orange Monster | Steeldive 'Great Wave' Tuna | Steeldive Bronze FF homage

Then the Quartzs
    Maserati GMT | Dom Original oddity | Armani Exchange Chrono | Bulova Precisionist Longwood

There are a few other watches that are knocking about but those are either 'broken' or ones that I no longer wear.

I tend to buy watches for their aesthetic rather than practical qualities as I work from home at a desk most days so don't need 5000m of water resistant or a case that could hammer nails into concrete without a scratch. If I like the aesthetic though, those things aren't ruled out.

As you can tell I bias heavily towards Autos but am coming round to the benefits of quartz. I don't really plan to buy any more watches this year but do have a few 'for the right price' watches that I'll snap up if I see them.

Bit late to the party, but here’s mine.

Planet Ocean - bought new in 2005 in NYC during an unexpected overnight stay - cracking watch.
    Speedmaster - birth year (81) bought from Italy about 10 yrs ago - just got back from service with Nesbit here in Seattle - hands had to be changed but I have the originals safely tucked away.
    Timex Snoopy - love the look of the Q and the Snoopy quartz tipped me over the edge - great fun little grab and go watch.
    GS Snowflake - bought early last year during a very last minute trip to Tokyo - I felt I deserved something to commemorate the trip so I figured what could be more apt than a GS. Beautiful watch I cannot stop looking at.
    GMT Master II - again a last year purchase - great everywhere watch and very flexible with the black bezel.
    Breitling SuperOcean - first proper watch, bought from Auckland in 2003 to celebrate passing my first professional licence. As my Dad said, ‘buy something nice now, as you’ll be married before long and have no money’.
    Explorer II - great watch, I have enjoyed for about 6yrs now from new.
    PloProf 1200 - crazy devisive watch, but one I had lusted over for a while. Funnily enough traded from a Panerai, another marmite brand for some.

Ash

Quote Originally Posted by AshUK View Post
    Bit late to the party, but here’s mine.

Planet Ocean - bought new in 2005 in NYC during an unexpected overnight stay - cracking watch.
    Speedmaster - birth year (81) bought from Italy about 10 yrs ago - just got back from service with Nesbit here in Seattle - hands had to be changed but I have the originals safely tucked away.
    Timex Snoopy - love the look of the Q and the Snoopy quartz tipped me over the edge - great fun little grab and go watch.
    GS Snowflake - bought early last year during a very last minute trip to Tokyo - I felt I deserved something to commemorate the trip so I figured what could be more apt than a GS. Beautiful watch I cannot stop looking at.
    GMT Master II - again a last year purchase - great everywhere watch and very flexible with the black bezel.
    Breitling SuperOcean - first proper watch, bought from Auckland in 2003 to celebrate passing my first professional licence. As my Dad said, ‘buy something nice now, as you’ll be married before long and have no money’.
    Explorer II - great watch, I have enjoyed for about 6yrs now from new.
    PloProf 1200 - crazy devisive watch, but one I had lusted over for a while. Funnily enough traded from a Panerai, another marmite brand for some.

Ash
    I'd kill for a Ploprof, once saw some random guy wearing one and probably the only time I've been in awe at how cool somebody's watch looked.