closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Drone Assistance

Blog Entries

Drone Assistance

We are thinking of purchasing a drone for the business for taking pictures of our developments and contracts as a monitoring tool.

I have not got a clue what I need to spend for something reasonable and what will do the job so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

Pitch

I believe that there are strict licencing rules, lots of courses available usually around £1000.
    My guess is that using it for business would require a licenced member of staff for insurance purposes.

Having a few properties I fancy a small drone to do roof / chimney inspections, but so many rules and regs, hoops to jump through.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I have a Mavic Mini which is brilliant. The new Mini2 gives 4k video and is improved in other areas, such as range. They can be bought for about£550 with the extras pack, which I advise, extra batteries, protective prop guard etc. Easy to fly and plenty of fail safe features. An operator's licence will be needed from next year but the on line application is straight forward and a pre test tutorial gives all you need to know. Once again, they are fabulous bits of technology.

Craftsman
    All the rules are changing from 31/12/20.

Most of the drones available at the moment don't fit within the new framework very well and so have been given a limited life by the CAA.

Drones that comply with the regs should start coming through next year and so I wouldn't spend a lot prior to that.

The Mavic Mini 2 at £400 will do a nice job in good light and as it's less than 250g falls outside some of the rules.

If you are flying near the public, in built up areas or near airfields you should read up on the Drone Code, take the online operator test and register the drone as you may be breaking more rules than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ah5168 View Post

Most of the drones available at the moment don't fit within the new framework very well and so have been given a limited life by the CAA.

Drones that comply with the regs should start coming through next year and so I wouldn't spend a lot prior to that.

The Mavic Mini 2 at £400 will do a nice job in good light and as it's less than 250g falls outside some of the rules.

If you are flying near the public, in built up areas or near airfields you should read up on the Drone Code, take the online operator test and register the drone as you may be breaking more rules than you think.
    The sub 250 g rules are changing as well , as I understand it, but , the process to register is straight forward and test they set should be no problem if the tutorial is watched.

Quote Originally Posted by ah5168 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55424729

I haven’t watched it, but believe it is pertinent

https://youtu.be/y4xWX0cloJk

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I haven’t watched it, but believe it is pertinent

https://youtu.be/y4xWX0cloJk
    Surprisingly good news for the sub 250g owners