closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watch Intentions 2021

I’m on the list for a couple of Rolexes, a GMT and a Yachtmaster. If one or both turn up I’ll be happy. The only other watch I see myself buying next year is a full metal g shock.

Master
    It is a bit old-hat now but the one watch that I really fancy and that I might seek out, once other purchases have been sorted out, is a Tudor Black Bay Chrono.

Does everything that I need in a watch.

Craftsman
    • Les Cabinotiers Vacheron
    • Limited edition Vacheron dress watch - Will purchase as soon as i can fly out to the country is is located in, missed out n the one in the uk this year.
    • Vacheron Ultra thin overseas

Unless anything new is released next year, i plan on reducing my non VC collection's. . I do want to add a Patek dress watch before the end of this year is a i have an itch for another one.

- - - Updated - - -

• Limited edition Vacheron dress watch - Will purchase as soon as i can fly out to the country is is located in, missed out n the one in the uk this year.

Unless anything new is released next year, i plan on reducing my non VC collection's. . I do want to add a Patek dress watch before the end of this year is a i have an itch for another one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Bought the trilogy Speedy from SC a few weeks ago... quickly becoming my favourite modern watch in the collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, off topic. Can I ask what strap you have on your 60th please ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A Reverso from their 90th anniversary effort if it ticks all my boxes

Explorer
    Grand Seiko sbgw231
    Maybe a g shock

May get 1 may get none will see how things go...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    So everyone. What is on your realistic watch wish list for 2021 - ones you would like to buy next year. Top three. This is not a blue sky wish list - keep it real and it’s not a competition.

It’s the big 60 for me next year - so need to think hard about a “milestone” watch - most likely the DJ:

for me:

• Rolex DJ 36 fluted bezel, president bracelet - blue or white, TT, with baton hands
    • JLC memorex with alarm (mechanical)
    • Omega - Seamaster steel - non-date, released recently

All the best for the next year!

Martyn
    For me...

Pepsi GMT
    Tag F1 (perhaps Gulf edition)
    Another DJ41 perhaps to replace the one I traded.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I'm hopeful to get a call from an AD for a 216570 Explorer II. Other than that, there's currently a vintage Sub I've got my eye on.

Master
    Blog Entries
    ALS Saxonia. Maybe a 380.028.
    ALS 1815 in rose gold. Not sure of model...!
    Jlc ultra thin moon in white gold. Price would need to be aggressive on this for me to chose this over the ALS.
    37mm AP Royal Oak (to complete a holy trinity!)

Any one of the above and I would be happy! Maybe towards the back end of next year.

Craftsman
    Omega Tresor
    Rolex 16610LV
    Tudor Black Bay 36

I hope to watch my first born enter the world safely in February.
    And in terms of wristwatch intentions I shall be buying none in 2021. I'm told this baby lark ain't cheap!
    I do have one Kickstarter pre-order which should be with me in March/April that'll tide me over; very excited I am by the Nardi too!

Well I thought my collection was complete until Kash put his Moser up on SC and was interested in a trade for something I had...

I think for me the only incoming I can really imagine is chopping the lot in for something batsh*t mental like an Urwerk Dark Knight or an AP RO openworked and calling an end to this madness.

Master
    Only one for me this year and looks like I may need to pay RRP as they seem rare in the UK at least.....

Journeyman
    Quite fancy an earlier Seiko MM300 and also an Zenith Rainbow if one pops up.

Journeyman
    I would like to add a PRS-25 36mm to the collection but they are snapped up so quickly on the website.
    I don't really want to pay the ebay premium for a scratched up one either!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I have my eye on a few things

1) JLC Reverso Tribute to 1931
    2) Grand Seiko SGBY003
    3) Tudor Snowflake Submariner 94110

Given how terrible the current economic situation is, and some rather large variables on my end if I could get just one of those, I’d be extremely happy.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Well I thought my collection was complete until Kash put his Moser up on SC and was interested in a trade for something I had...

I think for me the only incoming I can really imagine is chopping the lot in for something batsh*t mental like an Urwerk Dark Knight or an AP RO openworked and calling an end to this madness.
    That Urwerk is awful to my eye, but the AP RO Openwork is a beauty. I remember watching London Watch Collector's Youtube video on this one, total ordeal to get one (at RRP) but the watch was magnificent.

2021 for me is a year of decisions, either totally changing the collection or nothing in.
    Got a budget of £1k to add.

My OP36 is safe and will never leave. All others may go for a slimmed collection.
    Top of the shopping list is

JLC Master Calendar Q1558420

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    That Urwerk is awful to my eye, but the AP RO Openwork is a beauty. I remember watching London Watch Collector's Youtube video on this one, total ordeal to get one (at RRP) but the watch was magnificent.
    Each to their own I guess but I love the Urwerk and came very close to buying one pre owned from Urwerk directly last year but it would’ve meant chopping in most of my collection that I was (note, past tense) happy with. The AP is simply stunning though, and carries a big premium preowned over new but I wonder whether demand is as high as for “mere” Royal Oak models. Pitbull66 on here has/had one and posts it occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by threescoops View Post
    I've got to the point where I've got more than enough watches (*gasp*, yes, such a thing exists) and especially with lockdowns and working from home, there's no variation in venue and outfit to worry about.

However, my 1969 Bulova Accutron (passed on my father) has developed some fault that even keitht's magic can't resolve, so I'm considering adding another Accutron if I'm not able to get it back into running order.
    Two thoughts - Bulova have a UK Service Centre that are capable of doing vintage. I'd be surprised if they can't sort it. Secondly, I have a full service kit for the cal. 52 which is an Accutron 2181 - was Keith lacking any particular parts (possibly unlikely as I believe he trys to hold a stock of spares)?

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    My list of watches I am unlikely to get in 2021

Blue Royal Oak
    Ed White 321
    Speedy Snoopy
    I'm looking forward to seeing those come in over a curry (please don't get the comedy-sized Royal Oak).

Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    Sorry, off topic. Can I ask what strap you have on your 60th please ?
    I have a suspicion it may be a Molequin.

Personally I will be focusing on getting some projects finished. I've just had the misfortune of a Polerouter getting such a kick around by the combined efforts of the French & German postal service that it will need to go back for more attention and I think I'll take the opportunity to service a 1935 Compur and complete a UG rose gold/stainless 3 hander with ribbon lugs. I also need a Nivada Antarctic to fit in with a couple of other Nivadas that have come in over the last 3 months - I suppose I also need to track down some movement spares for those.

Oh, and the tarot cards appear to be pointing at a particularly lovely tropical-dialed Polerouter...
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    My 2021 intentions are to shrink the collection a bit.

Only 2 on the wishlist

A Sinn 556i and Damasko DC57.

Craftsman
    Downsizing is on the agenda for 2021, in all areas of life. Already started early with a house move :-)

So I'll be looking to move on 40 out of my current 49 watches, and replace them with 3 to give me a working watch box of 12, which is probably still 9 too many, but, hey, baby steps and all that :-)

The 3 possibles are whichever 3 present themselves from the following short list of six:

Omega Seamaster 2541.80.00
    Omega Seamaster 2264.50.00
    Rolex Oysterquartz Datejust 17000 (silver dial)
    Rolex Explorer 14270
    Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT
    Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT Premium 500

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post

I have a suspicion it may be a Molequin.
    Yes it's a Molequin indeed:)

Journeyman
    Not much for me compared to some but I’m looking at maybe trading my Rolex Datejust 116234 on jubilee silver dial for the Rolex Datejust 126234 on Jubilee and silver dial and then adding something under £500 but haven’t found anything yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Which Limited Edition VC Dress watch you're looking at?

I'm tempted with the American 1921 but shall see what the 100th Anniversary entails.

Craftsman
    I'm going to get a Aquanaut at list!!!! How hard can it be..........

I said in an earlier post I was planning to get a fancy dress watch. I’m now thinking that I will instead buy the watch I really want in a few years time, once I’ve cleared a few more big expenses like a house.

For 2021 I’ll sell off my two vintage Seikos and replace with an Grand Seiko SBGM221 to go with my 16610LV in a two watch collection.

Grand Master
    Nothing planned but will check out the dealers around me in the NY for anything that appeals.

Grand Master
    My intention is to carry on wearing the iWatch for function and occasionally wearing The Bremont I designed and the old faithful Planet Ocean 2500.
    RIAC

With just 3 weeks warning my accountant notified me that I needed to pay back my company loan by the end of the year, so my watch fund is now empty!

Add to that the likelihood of a period with no income while I undergo a third round of cancer treatment, and my chances of spending money on watches in 2021 look pretty slim!

I still have 2 or 3 watches to sell, so in theory I could end up with £400-£500 in the kitty, but I like where my collection is now and mostly I just intend to enjoy wearing them.

Maybe it’s time for a SOTC in the New Year.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    See my signature - although I'm not actively looking to buy anything.
    A lot of us have signatures turned off (not sure they display anyway on Tapatalk) so can you give us a clue...

Master
    None for me in 2021, but I said that last year ...

Plan is to sell one to get the 'collection' back down to two. I recently bought a Citizen Chronomaster, which means my other HAQ, the Grand Seiko, will be up for the chop at some point.

I had no plans whatsoever, but it now looks like my Sinn U50 - originally due in mid-November - will be delayed into 2021. Other than that I don't imagine there'll be any incomings as I'm not really motivated to make changes to what I have; I may sell one or two, though, as I'd really prefer to be in single figures and the Sinn will make 14.

I've lost interest pretty much entirely - I still like reading about watches but given I know work pretty much exclusively from home and most of my watches sit in boxes - I cannot see the point of buying something else to sit in a box.

I'm actually thinking of selling up except for a Seamaster that was a wedding present and maybe one dress watch and leaving it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I've lost interest pretty much entirely - I still like reading about watches but given I know work pretty much exclusively from home and most of my watches sit in boxes - I cannot see the point of buying something else to sit in a box.

I'm actually thinking of selling up except for a Seamaster that was a wedding present and maybe one dress watch and leaving it at that.
    I'm in a similar frame of mind, actually. Not ready to sell up right now, but largely disinterested.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    One of these would make me a very happy man
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Just to enjoy what I have got!

In an ideal world I’d love to add a GS Snowflake and a new Rolex Sub ND.

The GS is a matter of time but with the Rolex jumping through hoops at any dealer I’ve spoken to, doubt that the Sub ND will ever happen. Ah well.

Journeyman
    The blue Oris pointer date is the target for the grad watch.

Always on the lookout for a decent chrono. Either the Hamilton intra matic or a Sinn

Master
    I think a lot of people have lost interest this year and I totally get that. I think I’ve gone the other way though. I’ve spent more time researching watches and reading about them, I’ve bought more and I’m now wearing mine every 3 days to enjoy them more. For my sins I’m probably more obsessed than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post

Master
    Didn’t have any plans for adding anything in 2021 but I’ve never had a Speedy and have regretted selling the Sinn 857UTC some years back.

So possibly a Sinn of some kind and / or a Speedy...oh and a Caribbean if it happens next year. Damn I’m already at 3 for next year.

Cartier Tank Solo xl automatic for me. In the crazy scheme of things, it seems quite good value for a new cartier watch

Blog Entries
    More out than in.

I hope

z

Master
    I probably said something similar a year ago but:

In terms of the watches that I have, get at least one of my vintage watches serviced and get some of the "junk" I bought this year up and running. Plus I need to get my PRS-29A fixed as I broke it a year ago and then became too distracted by new shineys to be able to do so.

In terms of watches that I don't have, I would like to try a baby Dreadnought or possibly one of the Caribbeans. Alternatively I might dip my toe into the chronograph water as I don't have one in the collection. Perhaps a Newmarket 6BB. I expect I'll add a couple more Silverwaves to the collection.

In terms of selling, I am not very good at letting things go........

Craftsman
    It’s be my 40th at the end of next year, so I need to figure out what I want as I may need to wait to get it, current considerations:

AP Code 11.59

Patek 5146J

Rolex 116508

I think the AP and PP will be easier to get from the boutiques or AD for the PP specifically. For the Rolex I would have to go grey and probably means moving on another watch due to the price point (same issue if I take the AP Chrono version) probably my VC 4500v.

I’m also really drawn by the new JLC Master Control Chrono calendar in steel or gold, but likely to take a bath unless I can get a good deal from a AD...

I've ordered the reissue Airain Type20 and that's due in July. I've been promised the new Snoopy whenever I want by my AD but I'm light on funds so happy to pass them to the next person on the list until I am in the correct financial position.

Aim is to stop flipping this year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I’m hopeful that next year will bring me the Royal Oak 15202. I’ve been waiting a couple of years for it and am finding my 15450 a little small.

I’m also expecting a Cermit all going to plan.

Merry Christmas all

I don't have any acquisition plan for 2021, except I've been toying with the idea of buying a 5512/5513 for both investment purposes and wearing.

(example only)

Craftsman
    For me 2021 starts off well already as I found out a few days before Christmas I was successful in securing a new role at work! With a bit more money, that means more cast to spend on a watch or two of course - especially after a quiet 2020 for incomings. I have been pondering trading up on my Tudor 79280p, as I've long lusted after a 16700 with coke bezel. I tried one on a couple of years ago and it's the most amazing watch I've ever worn. Would also love a blue dial DJ with baton markers, 36mm, on jubilee. Never tried one though, just love a blue dial and can't beat DJ style!

All this said, I am addicted to the 79280p, it's a stunning watch and I am worries I would regret parting with it... So if I end 2021 in the same position I started, I will not be disappointed. A great place to be!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I’m quite satisfied with my lot at the minute but keep getting drawn to the BP Bathyscaphes