closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got the call - James Cameron 126660

Master

Got the call - James Cameron 126660

Got the call today for my cameron and Im excited to go and try/collect later in the week, I am a daily sub wearer and previously worn the SD50 as a daily but Ive long admired the d blue,

I have chunky 8.25 writs so the added girth (oooo er) should suit me well and Im intrigued to here from owners on here and how is it to wear day to day?

It may be a case of something may go if it comes into the stable as the wife insists its one in and one out so big decisions ahead
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 14th December 2020 at 19:33.

Master
    Congrats Rob, it’s a great watch and ideal for your size wrists.

Congrats, great watch. I think we both have thighs for wrists so you'll be fine with the size. I removed the divers extension and added two links as it was on max with the link removed. Looks epic in natural light.

I have 7.75" wrists and I find I can wear a 116660 all day everyday for long periods so IMHO it's a daily wearer.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    It may be a case of something may go if it comes into the stable as the wife insists its one in and one out so big decisions ahead
    Hope you enjoy the new watch. The only advice I can offer is.... to women all Rolex look the same, so if you don’t tell her, she won’t notice 😂

Master
    I have 7.75" wrists and my Cameron is my daily wearer most days (my Monaco gets a look in too).
    I've also swapped the link extension for 2 normal Oyster links, it's a great improvement for comfort.
    It's an easy watch to wear every day, go for it, you won't regret it!

Sounds exciting.

How long did you have to wait for one?

It’s a gorgeous watch, you used to be able to get them pretty quickly just due to the size alone, I guess that’s not the case anymore!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    Sounds exciting.

How long did you have to wait for one?

It’s a gorgeous watch, you used to be able to get them pretty quickly just due to the size alone, I guess that’s not the case anymore!?

I waited 5 weeks, collected on the 31st of July.

Blog Entries
    My daily wear is my 116660, it keeps everything else firmly on deposit, you will love it pal.

Congrats and enjoy

Pitch

Congratulations- a fabulous watch.
    Here is my Mk I. It seems to love orange.

Master

Enjoy:) I had a standard DSSD (2015) after my ND sub. Much nicer than the ND in every way.

Much nicer than a sub and most sub wearers can rock one if they try

No love for the SD43?

Master
    No love for the SD43?

Not at all I enjoyed the sd50 but I moved it on as I went down to one watch for a period of time but that’s gone out of the window and I’m back to two and soon to be three with this addition.

I also haven’t owned a dssd and as many allude too the size scares a lot off and so I think it will work well with me and offer some variety that I’ve not had having previously owned a gmt16710, Batman, sd50, explorer 1, rose gold yacht master (the one I miss the most) and I’m hoping that this will an itch that’s well scratched so to speak

No doubt something else will pop up that prompts my interest and something else will be on the block to accommodate
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 14th December 2020 at 22:38.

Good on you Rob mate, I hope you enjoy it, I’ve gotta be honest though I’ve always found the DSSD too thick/deep for me to work as a daily wearer but hopefully you’ll be happier with yours than I was....

Craftsman
    One of the best out there and a true engineering marvel. The dial really is incredible. Great if you have the wrist to pull it off

Master
    Not at all I enjoyed the sd50 but I moved it on as I went down to one watch for a period of time but that’s gone out of the window and I’m back to two and soon to be three with this addition.

I also haven’t owned a dssd and as many allude too the size scares a lot off and so I think it will work well with me and offer some variety that I’ve not had having previously owned a gmt16710, Batman, sd50, explorer 1, rose gold yacht master (the one I miss the most) and I’m hoping that this will be an itch that’s scratched so to speak

No doubt something else will pop up that prompts my interest and something else will be on the block to accommodate

Master
    I approve!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Congrats, great watch. I think we both have thighs for wrists so you'll be fine with the size. I removed the divers extension and added two links as it was on max with the link removed. Looks epic in natural light.
    Don’t like the watch, but I just spent 30 seconds loving that view. A bit random, I know, but the colour of the sky and the green of the trees is magnificent. You’re lucky if that’s your house!

Master

Just collected it very pleased ;)

Congratulations! That dial really does look stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Don’t like the watch, but I just spent 30 seconds loving that view. A bit random, I know, but the colour of the sky and the green of the trees is magnificent. You’re lucky if that’s your house!
    Thank you

Looks good but you're going to trigger Hood with that steering wheel in the pic

Looks great. I'm supposed to be on a list for one since August but still waiting for the call. AD did suggest back in August that he hoped one would be available for Christmas but nothing yet.

Nice watch, more comfy on rubber b with a tang buckle as opposed to the clasp version, I found.
    Ultimately it went and the SD50 remained....

Cool

My main daily and totally love it.

However, flipping it already??

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-James-Cameron

Master
    Nice pick up sir. Looks great.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post

Wot you like?????????

All good G

Paul

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I waited 5 weeks, collected on the 31st of July.
    That’s quick! I take it that isn’t the norm and you’re a good customer of the AD?

Apprentice

Stunning!

That was a fast turn of events if he is indeed selling it.

Blog Entries

Ha ha ha, so funny.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I love the JC DSSD, out of the current sporting Rolex crop one of the more under appreciated, surprised you are looking to flip it so quickly as with your wrist size I would have thought it was the perfect Rolex for you....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrado View Post
    That’s quick! I take it that isn’t the norm and you’re a good customer of the AD?
    Not especially, I bought a DJ41 last May & had discussed with the sales team maybe getting a bigger piece in the next year. At Christmas last year I went into the AD & bumped into one of the team who I had known for years from Mappin & Webb, he had moved to WoS.
    In May I asked them to get me a Cameron when the store reopened. A week after it reopened I got a call so I went up to London to get it, only to find it was a Sea Dweller, not a Cameron.
    The manager was very apologetic & promised me the next Cameron that they got.
    At the end of July I called the AD for an update & the guy I knew said "how quickly can you get here"? Turns out they had received a Cameron that day in the end of month delivery & he'd locked all allocations until I got there.
    I think it was a mixture of prior purchase history, my statement of interest in a bigger piece, the fact that I followed it up with an application for a Cameron, the mix up over the Sea Dweller & the fact that I knew the guy who'd become my "client manager". It's also possible that the biggest stroke of luck was that I happened to call the AD on the day that they had a delivery...

Blog Entries
    So picked up and flipped the same day then? Hardly worth starting a 'Got the call' thread really was it?

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    So picked up and flipped the same day then? Hardly worth starting a 'Got the call' thread really was it?
    Maybe he enjoyed the chase more than the watch.

On a serious note, is there something wrong with selling a watch you own?

Master
    It’s still on my wrist - the call came out the blue.

I’ve had to juggle funds and I wasn’t sure what I’d do and so I had thought about helping a member who had a wtb, after all I never like to say no when the call comes in and one day I’ll get the Pepsi call - deluded I know ......

I’ll be moving my sub and milgauss out as a consequence of this arrival, unfortunately I can’t justify all 3 so it will be a case of going down from 2 to one
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 17th December 2020 at 16:14.

Blog Entries
    It’s still on my wrist - the call came out the blue.

I’ve had to juggle funds and I wasn’t sure what I’d do and so I had thought about helping a member who had a wtb, after all I never like to say no when the call comes in and one day I’ll get the Pepsi call - deluded I know ......

I’ll be moving my sub and milgauss out as a consequence of this arrival, unfortunately I can’t justify all 3 so it will be a case of going down from 2 to one
    Fair enough, just seemed a bit odd answering a wtb the same day you announce collecting it was all.

Blog Entries
    Maybe he enjoyed the chase more than the watch.

On a serious note, is there something wrong with selling a watch you own?

Perhaps he does.

Did I say there was?

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Perhaps he does.

Did I say there was?
    Not targeted at you. It was a general comment.

The consensus on the forum is generally if you’re selling a Rolex you’ve bought you’re a bad person and should be publicly flogged.

It seems to be worse with it the profitability associated with the brand.

Easy to move the Milgauss out for a D-Blue, no brainer. Sub is probably the better everyday watch but nowhere near as special. Throw out the Milgauss first and see how you get on.

The proportions of the 16600 are just perfect.

Not much dial on the SD43, seems that that is fixed on the DSSD but you need the wrists to pull it off.

Blog Entries
    Not targeted at you. It was a general comment.

The consensus on the forum is generally if you’re selling a Rolex you’ve bought you’re a bad person and should be publicly flogged.

It seems to be worse with it the profitability associated with the brand.

Quoting someones post generally means the comments refer to that post.

If you look you will see that I have stood up for genuine people trying to sell Rolex on the forum, against the usual rag tag bunch who see any Rolex thread on sales corner as fair game.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Easy to move the Milgauss out for a D-Blue, no brainer. Sub is probably the better everyday watch but nowhere near as special. Throw out the Milgauss first and see how you get on.
    Ultimately if I could keep all 3 I would, but needs must and it’s all part of the journey - ironically I’d prefer the sub to go and keep the dssd and milgauss but not sure I can justify it

I actually like the milgauss and it’s on rubber which is differnet to the norm - not sure the orange would work on the dssd ;)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Not especially, I bought a DJ41 last May & had discussed with the sales team maybe getting a bigger piece in the next year. At Christmas last year I went into the AD & bumped into one of the team who I had known for years from Mappin & Webb, he had moved to WoS.
    In May I asked them to get me a Cameron when the store reopened. A week after it reopened I got a call so I went up to London to get it, only to find it was a Sea Dweller, not a Cameron.
    The manager was very apologetic & promised me the next Cameron that they got.
    At the end of July I called the AD for an update & the guy I knew said "how quickly can you get here"? Turns out they had received a Cameron that day in the end of month delivery & he'd locked all allocations until I got there.
    I think it was a mixture of prior purchase history, my statement of interest in a bigger piece, the fact that I followed it up with an application for a Cameron, the mix up over the Sea Dweller & the fact that I knew the guy who'd become my "client manager". It's also possible that the biggest stroke of luck was that I happened to call the AD on the day that they had a delivery...
    Well done! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrado View Post
    Well done! Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    No drama. I like to think that the story shows that pieces can be found sometimes without all the shenanigans we often hear about.
    That said, I have to acknowledge that there was still a personal connection between me and the salesman - I've known Joe for about 12 years and I think that helped.
    Also it was pure luck (largely driven by impatience) that I called on 31st of July. This was a Friday & they'd had a delivery because 1st August was the Saturday & they were hoping for a big weekend of sales. A call earlier or later might have been less successful for me.
    I can't fault the service I've received from WoS in Oxford Street. Joe has had decades of experience & he is an absolute gentleman.
    When I knew nothing about watches except that I liked them & I had Rolex ambition but Timex money he had time for me & helped me to refine my tastes to start my collection.
    I can't rate him highly enough & I was delighted to find he was still around now that I am able to add some bigger pieces.
    All of that helped me I'm sure but I have to say that I've never been asked to jump through any hoops in order to be able to buy watches, it's all been relatively straightforward.
    I think I'm Rolexed out now, I bought a Monaco Cal. 11 recently & I'd love an IWC Portugieser, that would complete my collection I think.

Master
    Ultimately if I could keep all 3 I would, but needs must and it’s all part of the journey - ironically I’d prefer the sub to go and keep the dssd and milgauss but not sure I can justify it

I actually like the milgauss and it’s on rubber which is differnet to the norm - not sure the orange would work on the dssd ;)

A dealer I used in the NY has/had one of the white face in his safe for me to pick up next trip. Alas no more travel and no mint all sticks red no longer reproduced white milgauss for me.
    I also planned on putting it on an orange strap.

Master
    Just love the JC dial, chunky case but wears very well IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Just love the JC dial, chunky case but wears very well IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I agree. My top 3 rotation is Cameron, Monaco & Speedmaster.

Master
    Get rid of the Sub as it is easily replaceable and keep the milgauss and JC. Milgauss is far more comfortable to wear as a daily watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Get rid of the Sub as it is easily replaceable and keep the milgauss and JC. Milgauss is far more comfortable to wear as a daily watch.
    As Sydney Youngblood sang if only I could.....

The milgauss is going back to a member here who I had it off and I’ve asked for first dibs on the future and hopefully funds will allow but for now I’m going to be a one watch man with my sub soon to follow