closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Blue dial sky dweller

Master

Blue dial sky dweller

A buddy is after one for his 50th. Are they as hard to get as the subs, Daytona’s etc?

Stu

Hens teeth

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Very hard to get the blue dial, similar difficulty to land as the Ceramic Daytona as evidenced by the crazy grey premiums.

Master
    Ah ok. This is why I don’t bother with Rolex! Speaking to his wife who knows nothing about this she was shocked. His list was either ceramic Daytona, blue dial sky dweller and new green bezel sub.... doh!

Master
    Blog Entries
    What I find amazing is that people who “want” these watches have no idea of the waiting list. It would seem to me that a cursory glance at the internet would tell you all you needed to know about the prospect of getting one in short order!!

I think if anything the Blue Skydweller is a tougher ask than the Ceramic Daytona. Most of the big greys have numerous Daytonas in both White and Black, but finding a dealer with a Blue Skydweller in stock is much tougher. Few get listed and the price is always more than double list, but I'm guessing that the Daytona is the more desirable watch to most people.

£25k would buy you either watch with little effort

Master
    Ken is right, it’s very hard to get. I don’t think it started out that way. I tried one on at a Rolex event when they were launched in the summer of 2017 I think. I enquired a couple of months later by which time I’d missed the boat. The next January they offered me a white dial which was quite stunning and I was told there was no guarantee when they would have one. At the time on various forums there was talk of there being a problem with the blue colouring and hence a production delay. There were quite a few white incomings so it looked like they released quite a few extra of those instead.

I got mine in August this year, nearly 3 years after enquiring. I sold my white (for RRP) much to my wife’s dismay as it’s her favourite watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Ah ok. This is why I don’t bother with Rolex! Speaking to his wife who knows nothing about this she was shocked. His list was either ceramic Daytona, blue dial sky dweller and new green bezel sub.... doh!
    Sounds like he knows which one's are hard to get if that's his wishlist.
    Either that or he's sending his wife on a wild goose chase.

Craftsman
    Friend of mine picked his up last week. Very good relationship with his AD and had been waiting since January 18!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Ken is right, it’s very hard to get. I don’t think it started out that way. I tried one on at a Rolex event when they were launched in the summer of 2017 I think. I enquired a couple of months later by which time I’d missed the boat. The next January they offered me a white dial which was quite stunning and I was told there was no guarantee when they would have one. At the time on various forums there was talk of there being a problem with the blue colouring and hence a production delay. There were quite a few white incomings so it looked like they released quite a few extra of those instead.

I got mine in August this year, nearly 3 years after enquiring. I sold my white (for RRP) much to my wife’s dismay as it’s her favourite watch.
    Waiiiit, the white one goes for RRP? And the blue for double? That's one expensive dial!

You've still got stickers on that blue one - someone should fire the AD

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Waiiiit, the white one goes for RRP? And the blue for double? That's one expensive dial!

You've still got stickers on that blue one - someone should fire the AD
    No, the white one goes for a lot more than RRP, I just sold it to my mate for what I paid for it. He wanted it and I wasn’t going to make a profit out of him.

That picture was when I got it. I’ve taken all of the stickers off now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Sounds like he knows which one's are hard to get if that's his wishlist.
    Either that or he's sending his wife on a wild goose chase.
    He knows and isn’t expecting to get any I don’t think but his wife hadn’t appreciated the difficulty. I had a chat with her but as I don’t get involved with wanting a Rolex I wasn’t sure about the blue sky dweller. I was aware of the other models being a bigger to try and get though. If they were plentiful I wonder if people would care as much.

Blog Entries
    It certainly looks very nice in the blue. Not surprising that it’s popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I think they are steel and white gold? Is it similar to the typical two tone watch (centre of bracelet, bezel and crown in gold, case and outer part of bracelet in steel)?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    I think they are steel and white gold? Is it similar to the typical two tone watch (centre of bracelet, bezel and crown in gold, case and outer part of bracelet in steel)?
    no like a datejust just the bezel

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    no like a datejust just the bezel

Thank you

I’ve only just recently come to appreciate the Sky Dweller, it was a bit of a slow burner for me. Unfortunately it looks like I might have decided that I like (another) hard to get hold of watch!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    I’ve only just recently come to appreciate the Sky Dweller, it was a bit of a slow burner for me. Unfortunately it looks like I might have decided that I like (another) hard to get hold of watch!
    I'm similar
    Thought it was a dogs dinner on first release.
    It wears too big on me so I needn't concern myself with trying to acquire one thankfully.
    Make sure you try one on before pursuing as they are big.

Craftsman
    I waited since the release for the blue and got it this summer, was offered several white and black dials. This was only the 3rd blue they had had since it’s release. The sunburst blue dial is superb, ideally would be a bit smaller and thinnner for my personal tastes if I was being picky.

Got one a couple yrs ago . The wait times on blue are mental now , maybe try white or black as they are easier to get i think.

Mines on a trip to Wimbledon centre Court.