closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB58 Navy - available for click and collect

Tudor BB58 Navy - available for click and collect

Just had an email from Goldsmiths, the Tudor BB58 Navy (bracelet) is now available to order on their website for click and collect. In stock currently.

Think stock is hard to find on this one still, so thought I’d share the link.

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/p/17770761/

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Just had an email from Goldsmiths, the Tudor BB58 Navy (bracelet) is now available to order on their website for click and collect. In stock currently.

Think stock is hard to find on this one still, so thought I’d share the link.

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/p/17770761/
    Meadowhall goldsmith have some in too,

Got a call from them to see if I wanted one (even tho name not on list) so they have some in stock too

And Trafford Centre, had a text earlier to say they have stock, I wish Rolex would take note.

Ask for Kevin.

Craftsman
    They're clearly getting easier to obtain now, give it another 6 months and you'll be able to get a discount

Craftsman
    Yep, got a call from Goldsmiths at West Quay in Southampton saying the same. I’m not sure I even “registered my interest” in it, but had bought a BB58 from their previously.

Craftsman
    Interesting that the same doesn’t apply for the original BB58. I assume that they must be harder to find still.

And it’s an award winner now too apparently

Unfortunately it's only a rather overweight shadow of the original.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Top cash back have a 10% offer for goldsmiths at the minute. Wonder if it works on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Top cash back have a 10% offer for goldsmiths at the minute. Wonder if it works on that?
    Ignore me I should have read the T&Cs!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post
    Yep, got a call from Goldsmiths at West Quay in Southampton saying the same. I’m not sure I even “registered my interest” in it, but had bought a BB58 from their previously.
    I was told I was second on their list but didn’t get the call...

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Ignore me I should have read the T&Cs!!
    I'm guessing your search found that you can't use the 10% cashback then? That would have been a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I was told I was second on their list but didn’t get the call...
    Have you ordered one? You can use the link in my first post to order for click-and-collect to the Southampton store

Craftsman
    I do wonder how long some of the well known greys can leave their pricing for the BB58 blue at around 3.5k and more.

Journeyman
    Landed with me to this am, they must have a big batch to push

Journeyman
    Any discount likely on these? or what are they likely to offer as part o the deal? i went with a friend who bought a Omega SMP with 16% off and he got 2 Omega pens lovely quality

Master
    Availability now says it's on application only. I wonder if the greys have cleared up! Nothing like stifling demand to maintain high prices

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    Availability now says it's on application only. I wonder if the greys have cleared up! Nothing like stifling demand to maintain high prices
    Can you explain what you mean? Thank you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    Can you explain what you mean? Thank you
    Sure. I’m not saying this is the case because I have no evidence, but it’s feasible that dealers have picked some of these up with a view to selling for a profit. As has been mentioned some are trying to sell around £3.5k.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    Sure. I’m not saying this is the case because I have no evidence, but it’s feasible that dealers have picked some of these up with a view to selling for a profit. As has been mentioned some are trying to sell around £3.5k.
    Maybe i am not getting this, the email i had is at list price? so who is profiting nobody will pay more than list is they are openly offering them out on emails to anyone and everyone?

Master
    When I looked at Goldsmiths it already said out of stock and to register interest if you want the watch, so my interpretation was that they’ve already sold out. I was speculating that dealers could have bought some on offer to turn a profit. It was purely a speculative post based on supply and demand and what’s happening in the grey market

Craftsman
    I got the email too, today. And there are dealers on Chrono24 still trying to sell it at £1000 over RRP. I assume stock will continue to be available from now on, so there will be far less selling at inflated prices in future. It has been so long since I registered my interest with Goldsmiths that I have quite gone of the watch and moved on to something else. Plenty more fish in the sea, fish that are readily available.

How many actually sell at those prices though? I followed a few on Ebay when they came out, none sold, I enqired pre lockdown here and they said a 3 week wait if I paid a 30% deposit, refundable if I didn't like it. Don't understand this "shortage", just looks like skillful marketing.

I can't imagine why anyone would pay over list for these, money/sense imbalance.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    How many actually sell at those prices though? I followed a few on Ebay when they came out, none sold, I enqired pre lockdown here and they said a 3 week wait if I paid a 30% deposit, refundable if I didn't like it. Don't understand this "shortage", just looks like skillful marketing.

I can't imagine why anyone would pay over list for these, money/sense imbalance.

I've said before about the harrods version loads sold on ebay upto £4500 but are they real sales I dont get it. So many dodgy people on ebay I dont understand it all.

I toss a coin weekly on the bb58 and omega.smp blue but having seen SC i am waiting for a mint used one.

Craftsman
    I actually walked into an AD and bought a navy BB58 a couple of weeks back with no issues at all. It was in the window. When I returned it the following day (guy had let me down on buying my SMP and I preferred the SMP anyway), they’d actually had another two come into stock that day as well.

It was quite a refreshing experience. If there is a shortage it’s most certainly an artificial shortage.

Craftsman
    I have bought four watches since June, but all online, because of lockdown etc. I have never been in an AD shop. In the past I have walked past Goldsmith’s window, and it always seemed too exclusive for the likes of me. Now I look forward to the day when I feel confident about going back to the high street and walking into Goldsmiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I have bought four watches since June, but all online, because of lockdown etc. I have never been in an AD shop. In the past I have walked past Goldsmith’s window, and it always seemed too exclusive for the likes of me. Now I look forward to the day when I feel confident about going back to the high street and walking into Goldsmiths.
    Those places can definitely feel a bit intimidating, I know the feeling myself.

One thing to remember is the folk in there are just (hopefully) watch people, working a 9-5 in a shop at the end of the day. Just normal human beings like us, once you get past the façade. Treat them decently and you'll generally get the same in return

Craftsman
    Think new stock must be coming through now. I placed a deposit at Hugh Rice on the 3rd of this month and had the call today that my BB58 blue on a bracelet is in, ready sat waiting til they open or they will happily arrange a delivery to my home address or a click and collect.
    This was my first purchase from the shop having had no relationship with them previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    Think new stock must be coming through now. I placed a deposit at Hugh Rice on the 3rd of this month and had the call today that my BB58 blue on a bracelet is in, ready sat waiting til they open or they will happily arrange a delivery to my home address or a click and collect.
    This was my first purchase from the shop having had no relationship with them previously.
    Interesting that they are offering home delivery. Tudor ADs are not supposed to do that. Hence all the click & collect faff with Tudor and Rolex.

It's a great watch from what I've seen, enjoy it mate

There’s at least 4 local to me, ready to be picked up. Seems like the waiting lists have been cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk