closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mobile phone tariffs

Craftsman

Mobile phone tariffs

Not wishing to come across as a nag or all pious, but do remember to keep a check on your tariff. I've just been able to double my data allowance for less that half the price of what I had been paying! I think the service providers rely on their customers inertia and just keep rolling on uncompetitive tariffs month by month. Threatening to leave or asking for the "retention team" seems to focus their minds.

There are some good deals at the moment, Money Saving Expert as ever is a good place to look: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mo...nly-contracts/

Thanks for the link... need to sort out the wifes contract. I had no idea what she was paying for her sim only deal. 6 months later, turns out it's £30 a month. Unlimited data, but £30!?

I currently pay £13 a month for 27gb data with EE (includes a boost for having home BB with them) and also BT sport. Given i'm wfh for the foreseeable and therefore on wifi, I'm sure I could reduce it a bit now.

This dosn't just apply to phones. You can get better deals on most thing's like Insurance / Gas / Electricity / or whatever but that's what most companies rely on. Customers not searching around but just renewing.
    I'll admit on somethings I don't search around but for instance my car insurance renewal came through the other day and while it was cheaper than the previous year I decided to call them and see if they can make it cheaper. While waiting I went to compare the market and found I could save upto £170.00 so I was asked if I'd had any cheaper quotes and hey presto I got it lowered by £150.00 so I took it.

Just shop around on anything if you want to save money.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

I got my last contract via mobile.co.uk (owned by carphone warehouse) with the cashback (which is submitted online - no faffling around with paper bills) - I pay £18 a month for unlimited 5G.

£6 a month from the best provider, GiffGaff, unlimited calls & texts, 500mbts data.

Just to add to this, sometimes the cheapest deal isn't the best.

We just binned Three and switched back to EE, as although Three were substantially cheaper, when there was a problem with our 4G connection it took over 2 months of 'live chat' and telephone calls to Indian call centres and the problem was still ongoing.

I do 100% agree with the customer inertia sentiments though, which is the same 'merry-go-round' for every provider. Loyalty is rewarded with higher prices nowadays.

Blog Entries
    Sim only on our two both Plusnet 3gb + unlimited calls and texts £6.30 pm and i have found Plusnet excellent on call centre calls they are in the U.K.
    With home working if you are on a Fibre network that is unlimited that is what i use for the phone and usually have 2 to 2.5 gb left each Month.
    As to loyalty yeah just pass the KY
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    £6 a month from the best provider, GiffGaff, unlimited calls & texts, 500mbts data.
    Thats a great price!
    Sadly I could use the data up in a day or two
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    That plusnet deal is pretty good!

My family is on Lebara's SIM only plan. For a fiver, you get:
    2 GB data
    1000min
    1000 texts

and 100 international minutes

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Thats a great price!
    I only use Wayze sat nav on my data, and that's not very often. You can ramp up to 1,000mb for another 50pa week. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post

2 GB data
    1000min
    1000 texts

Mrs K with Lebara, plenty of min/text for her. Can't stand GiffGaff and their stupid 'Goodybags'.

As soon as my contract finished I went sim only. I now pay less that half what I was paying and get Amazon Prime and Disney Plus included in the price! I always do this if my handset still works.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Thats a great price!

I have always run my own network at work to avoid doing anything personal on the work network so run through quite a bit of data...

Recently upgraded my two kids from £5/mo 2 GB data to £10/mo 30 GB data with IDMobile (use Three network I believe). Oh, and it also included unlimited calls and texts.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Smarty - unlimited everything for £15 a month

I use the SIM in my 4G router so that I can work whilst the kids are hammering Netflix and Disney+ on the home broadband. I get through about 300Gb a month this way and they've never queried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post

2 GB data
    1000min
    1000 texts

I know much of a muchness but what is the service and coverage of Lebara like? I had a look a few days ago at that offer with a view to move the wife over to it who is currently with Plusnet?

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    Smarty - unlimited everything for £15 a month

I use the SIM in my 4G router so that I can work whilst the kids are hammering Netflix and Disney+ on the home broadband. I get through about 300Gb a month this way and they've never queried it.
    I used to use SMARTY (£18.75/month) as my broadband solution. However, almost coincident with lockdown the service declined. I spoke with them (actually online chat) and they admitted that '3' didn't give them the full service and so I tried a 3 SIM (£26/month). I ditched them after a month following two outages and am now with O2 (£36/month). All prices are for unlimited data. Touch wood, so far O2 has been excellent. For me price is a factor but the main feature I'm looking for is reliable, fast service. The 4G networks are the only way I can get fast broadband in rural Gloucestershire and thankfully get a great signal with all providers.

I use Vodafone for my mobile phone and haven't had a phone contract in years; I buy the phone outright (currently iPhone X) and go SIM only.

All utilities these days require constant monitoring to ensure one isn't being ripped off.

Giffgaff 'Golden' £10 / month
    Unlimited minutes and texts
    9Gb data

And its O²

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I know much of a muchness but what is the service and coverage of Lebara like? I had a look a few days ago at that offer with a view to move the wife over to it who is currently with Plusnet?
    Uses Vodafone network if this helps.

Red face £20/ mth - Vodafone...

For unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 100gb of data. :)

Master
    Three SIM Card - Unlimited data / mins / texts £18 per month

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/three-sim-only-3533833

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    9Gb data

And its O²
    Just something to be aware of with GiffGaff. Though they are O² users get a slower data service and WiFi calling isn't supported. This may not be an issue for most, but for me in the two main offices I work out of, both have minimal cellular reception but very good WiFi - which I couldn't use for phone calls. A workaround is if people know to call you on WhatApp, but I needed to be able to use the native phone dialler to make/receive calls.

Good service otherwise, and cheap.

This thread was a timely reminder.

I've just added a sim-only to our Virgin family account for my wife. £10 for 20GB and unlimited calls/texts, 12-month contract.

I'm paying £27 for three SIMs with a combined 44GB data and all calls/texts. I'm good with that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    9Gb data

And its O²
    you can get 10gb direct with O2 for £10. Or 4gb for £8, both 12 month deals

Craftsman
    Smarty Mobile...unlimited calls and texts and 30gb. Tenner a month.

Craftsman
    Currently with Three for unlimited everything at £20.54 per month. We've accepted an offer on our house, so I'd like to see what reception is like elsewhere before committing to a new deal.

Blog Entries
    £18/month sim only - 60GB data / unlimited calls and texts - Vodafone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    Smarty Mobile...unlimited calls and texts and 30gb. Tenner a month.
    That seems a good deal. Do you know what network they use?

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    £18/month sim only - 60GB data / unlimited calls and texts - Vodafone.

- - - Updated - - -

That seems a good deal. Do you know what network they use?

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name

Mobile phone tariffs

Just about to sign up to VOXI 12 Gig of Data and unlimited text and minutes for £10 which meets my needs.

Have also a recommended friend code so that we both get £10 Amazon voucher.

https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans?cid=ppc...SAAEgK1_PD_BwE

Worth a punt as I’m with Tesco and service can be a little flakey.

B