closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommendations for 5G external antenna for Vodafone 5G router

Recommendations for 5G external antenna for Vodafone 5G router

Any recommendations for an external 5G antenna for Vodafone 5G broadband to connect to the Huawei H112 router?

I realise the glass on my window blocks 5G signal..

Thanks!!

There are numerous cheap Chinese ones on eBay, which may or may not improve matters, if you want to do it properly though, speak to these guys.

https://www.badland.co.uk/

They take care of all my antenna needs :)

I have a Poynting directional for my 4G broadband and it works a treat.

Unfortunately it is likely to be several more years (decades?) before 5G arrives anywhere near me...

The directional one in Skiers post below (#6) is the one I have. I would recommend.
    Last edited by Maysie; 28th August 2020 at 16:08. Reason: Info added.

Master
    IIRC solwisesteve of this parish is in this line of business, it might be worth a pm to see if he has any products in the 5G space yet

When i looked at these, i was directed to Poynting, never got round to getting one, but i should, i'm 4G though

When you state 'external' do you mean external to the router or outdoor? Assuming you mean outdoor, the next question is do you know where your nearest mast is? If you do then here's a good option:

Directional Antenna (i.e. must be pointed at the nearest antenna within approx 30 degrees). This is the solution I went with as the mast location is around 3/4 mile directly in front of my house.

Omni-Directional Antenna (the solution if you don't know the location of your nearest mast or you don't have direct line of sight to it.

The other consideration is what fittings your router has for an external antenna and do they match the antenna you buy. If not, adapters are easily available.
    Last edited by Skier; 29th August 2020 at 09:27.