closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best Bracelet Link Remover

Best Bracelet Link Remover

I have had many Link removal tools over the year's but I can honestly say that this is the best I have found. (see link)
    I have had all the usual crap and even bought AF / Bergeon one's but none of them have lasted more than a few month's before the end either bent or snapped completely. Yes I have bought extra tips to replace the original one but again they don't seem to stand up to regular use.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Watch-Bra...53.m1438.l2649

So about 18 months ago I bought the one in the link and expected the usual to happen after but 18 Month's on and many many strap changes / adjustments it is still going strong and has never even bent one little bit. The end tips are strong and seem like solid steel.
    So if you are looking for a decent one at a reasonable price I would highly recommend this one.
    I have bought another one as a backup but never needed to use it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Thanks for posting, I have one but all the pins are damaged and I couldn’t find replacements that fitted. I ended up with a plastic bodied version that isn’t rigid enough and I’ve never managed to find a metal one again. I’ll get one ordered.

Master
    Are you selling that?

Master
    This looks good, can't imagine how many times those pins have just bent mid process.

Cousins do a very similar one and have spare pins to go with it

No but I wish I was. Seems to sell well enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Are you selling that?

There is 3 pins. 0.6 0.8 and 1mm with it.
    I've only used the 0.8 but it's lasted this long so I have no worries about having to use the 1mm if needs be.
    I doubt the 0.6 would ever be needed on the straps I normally get but if ever you needed smaller it's an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Cousins do a very similar one and have spare pins to go with it

EBay link seems to be dead now. Very curious which tool this is? Had one of the plastic blue cheap ones and not too happy with that.

Wow, 2 year's later. Well I'm still using the same one with no issues, I'll take a look through eBay and see if I can find the same one.
    Might take a day or 2 if they're still for sale, I'll keep you updated here if I do or don't find it.

Sent from a technical device.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Wow, 2 year's later. Well I'm still using the same one with no issues, I'll take a look through eBay and see if I can find the same one.
    Might take a day or 2 if they're still for sale, I'll keep you updated here if I do or don't find it.

Appreciated! Can mostly find the cheap blue plastic one (also in steel) or pliers you grip with your hands to apply pressure

After a bit searching this is the closest I've found, the pins look exactly the same. The only thing that is different is the handle/ screw end is different. Maybe it's updated but the pins are identical.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192366071...mis&media=COPY

Tomorrow I'll dig out what I have so you can compare it or search for the exact one.

Pictures tomorrow.

Master
    I've got a very similar looking one to the link that Sickie posted. Works very well and still going strong after many years.

Thanks, haven’t stumbled upon that version yet. Appreciated!

Thanks for that, I’ve just ordered one, like you I have had many types over the years and the pins have all been the weak link and snap easily.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I have found the spare one I bought, it's a cheap Chinese looking at the box but it's the Pins that count, I'm pretty sure they are solid steel rather than a softer alloy.

The pins after about 4 or 5 year's sitting in the box have just started to rust so I'm glad I went looking, I'll clean them up before storing again.

Either way it's the Pins on the eBay one that look exactly the same as the one I have.

Hopefully they are the same and will serve you well.

A timely thread as I snapped the last remaining pin on my cheapo tool the other day. They were made of some kind of butter alloy.

I'll try these and keep fingers crossed

Thanks for clarifying. That spare model is available in many places, however with different pins. Thanks for pointing out the pins, the ones you have look to be better than most: they taper from wide base to pin, rather then just a thin pin on a base which is easy to bend.

2023-08-22_12h29_44.png

Mine came today thanks, it certainly seems much better than versions I’ve had before. Thanks for the heads up.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Mine arrived yesterday. I am based in EU so found a German seller who also had replacement tips.

just really curious what the two bits labeled L and GJ are for? They appear to be similar yet labeled differently. Can someone enlighten me?

Journeyman
    Shame. Out of stock now