closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Motor vehicle theft

Journeyman

Motor vehicle theft

Hello everyone. This is a new one to me so I will tell you the story. A work colleagues father recently had his e class mercedes stolen. It was found a few weeks later on changed number plates many miles away.
    Any way the method by which it was stolen was one that I had not heard of before and thought I would post it here as a warning for others. I expect some would have heard of this method but it was one I had not heard of it before.

So what happened was the gentleman put his Merc up for a private sale and even though its a few years old its still worth a good chunk of cash. So a couple of "gentlemen" ring up and arrange to come for a viewing. They turn up and look very ordinary and respectable. After giving it a good examination and all 3 going for a test drive, they ask to see all the paperwork and documentation, check the previous mot`s etc.They then say they are seriously interested but will go away and think about it. 2 nights later the car disappears overnight.
    It transpires that what they did was somehow swap the spare key for a dummy one while examining the documentation etc obviously using distraction techniques, came back 2 nights later and used the genuine spare key to steal the car.
    So if anyone is selling a car keep alert for this type of thing. It was the police who told him to check the key after it had been recovered. They had obviously seen it before but it was a new one on me.

Craftsman

Motor vehicle theft

Interesting read ! Ill keep that in mind

I had exactly the same experience at the BMW dealership I worked for. We couldn't find a Z4 one morning although we had 2 keys in the key safe on its key ring. Scoured the site to no avail. I thought to take a look at the keys again and they had different blade profiles. So, it seemed that the nice couple who took it for a test drive a couple of days earlier had taken a key and substituted another . The CCTV showed them driving off in the thing ..... It does happen.