closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone flying EasyJet this summer ?

Craftsman

Anyone flying EasyJet this summer ?

We have Ezyjet flights booked this summer to Greece but it remains uncertain if we’ll be able to travel.

It Seems to be possible to rebook the flights up to 14 days before departure with no charge.

( but we don’t know when we would rebook to ? summer 2021 seems a long time away. And then We would have to pay whatever the tickets cost difference might be )
    Refund only possible if Ezyjet has to cancel the flight.
    Anyone else in this position ?
    What are you planning to do ?
    Thx

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    We had flights to Monaco booked, they were cancelled and refunded, we are booking again for next month because of the air bridge.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    We were going to Spain but knocked it on the head a while ago. Was holding off until the last second regards rebooking flights (basically wrote them off) but if we had rebooked them it would’ve been arbitrary dates that we might not have been able to use anyway.
    Fortunately EasyJet cancelled the outbound flight so we could claim a cash refund for both that and the return flight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
    We have Ezyjet flights booked this summer to Greece but it remains uncertain if we’ll be able to travel.

It Seems to be possible to rebook the flights up to 14 days before departure with no charge.

( but we don’t know when we would rebook to ? summer 2021 seems a long time away. And then We would have to pay whatever the tickets cost difference might be )
    Refund only possible if Ezyjet has to cancel the flight.
    Anyone else in this position ?
    What are you planning to do ?
    Thx
    We changed our June flights to September to Crete free of charge. Most questions are answered here

https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/coronavirus-faqs

If the flight isn’t cancelled then a refund isn’t possible but you may be able to get a voucher.

Master
    I had Easyjet flights to Amsterdam for September this year (was going to World Duathlon Championships), this has been postponed to 2021. Have transferred my flights over to next year with no charge, and that includes both a 20kg hold bag and my racing bike - both of which were booked on a 99p. deal. So very happy with Easyjet. Plus most of next years holidays at no cost as our flights to our place in Turkey have all been moved to next year.

Why not book some random flight in the future that has the same price as the flight you do not want to fly on (so that you don’t lose out, as EasyJet do not refund any fare difference)

Then when you know what you want to book in the future, change the random flight to the flight you want.

You’re just buying time with this method.

EasyJet are allowing free booking changes for the foreseeable, so just keep your ear to the ground if the policy changes, and change the booking before it does.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    We changed our June flights to September to Crete free of charge. Most questions are answered here

https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/coronavirus-faqs

If the flight isn’t cancelled then a refund isn’t possible but you may be able to get a voucher.

Not technically true.

There is legislation that states that if an airline cancels one leg of your booked short haul flights they are obliged to refund all legs eg if they cancel your Bristol to Alicante flight they are obliged to refund your return Alicante to Bristol flight as well even if the flight is not cancelled.

The Regulation is EC 261/2004

Quick précis on the CAA website here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Not technically true.

There is legislation that states that if an airline cancels one leg of your booked short haul flights they are obliged to refund all legs eg if they cancel your Bristol to Alicante flight they are obliged to refund your return Alicante to Bristol flight as well even if the flight is not cancelled.

The Regulation is EC 261/2004

Quick précis on the CAA website here.
    Yep I know that but, without going into the “technicalities” what I said was correct in that if the flight is cancelled you are entitled to a refund. If it isn’t (other than one leg of it ) then you are not.

Our trip to Santorini was booked in Feb20 and we were told that the flights was to be cancelled in April .I opted for a refund , which was made a few days ago, which was pleasing. Now booked to go in a couple of weeks with BA which had the benefit of being a couple of hundred qiud cheaper and flying from a much more convenient airport.

Blog Entries
    Flying to Portugal with EasyJet in mid-August. Not really a holiday as looking for property. But won't complain about getting away from the british news for a couple of weeks.

Don't care about quarantine on return if Boris still dictates, as we've not been out for 'nout much - certainly not to any "non-essential" goods - I can get those online - since March, apart for food and visits to friends no more than a walk away - and a bit of petrol for the car.

Craftsman
    In a very similar position, we had flights booked to go to menorca for the last 2 weeks of August, in all likelihood the flight will not be cancelled but we decided against going abroad this year. We waited until last week for easyJet to release the summer 2021 flights and then changed them to the May half term.
    Not difficult but we have noticed that these flights are now premium prices so we are having to fly Sunday to Sunday and it still cost £950 (2 adults and 2 children).
    When you book be aware that they treat the outbound flight cost and return separately, so if your original outbound flight cost £50 you have that much credit for your outbound flight only, you cannot use any unused credit against your return flight....

I recently booked a flight to Cyprus in mid September, which I hope will go ahead.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?