closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fitzgeme's SOTC

Fitzgeme's SOTC

Hi All,

Long time lurker but not a poster round here. Decided to post up the collection at the moment. I will put it across a few post, just to boost my post count a bit .

Seiko - Save the Ocean Turtle Special Edition - SRPC91
    Rolex - Milgauss - 116400GV
    JLC - Master Calandar - 151.84.2A
    Rolex - Datejust 41 - 126334
    Cartier - Tank Solo - The wifes.
    Seiko - Arnie Reissue - SNJ025P1
    Rolex - Submariner - 14060M
    Rolex - Daytona - 116409
    Raymond Weil - 5577 - Sentimental Value
    Rolex - Datejust 31 - 178273 - The Wifes

- - - Updated - - -

The JLC is cool, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Hande View Post
    The JLC is cool, man!
    Totally agree, very nice JLC

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Nice collection Fitz !

Ours wives have similar taste aswell mine has a gold tank and a gold lady president !

Hope to see you Posting around here

Some nice watches. Is the any history with them? A good SOTC gives a bit of background to the watches any stories or the memories you have with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the JLC. Absolute belter, blows the rest out of the water for me.

Craftsman
    we all love the JLC.. but we mainly buy Rolex :)

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Some nice watches. Is the any history with them? A good SOTC gives a bit of background to the watches any stories or the memories you have with them.

I dont really have background on a lot of them, I am like a lot of guys I buy them because I like the chase and the hording, I like to look at them they are art. Like to try stick to the tried and tested watches and not loose too much money. Try not to buy new.

Seiko - Save the Ocean Turtle Special Edition - SRPC91
    .....A beater. But a nice robust watch with a very attractive dial.

Rolex - Milgauss - 116400GV
    ...My first Rolex and the start of the rolex obsession. Bought 4 years ago. I am a scientist of sorts so this appeals to me.

JLC - Master Calandar - 151.84.2A
    ..Latest edition, I am not a dress watch guy and this strikes a nice balance between dressy and sporty. Love the moonphase. As I self identify as a werewolf, its important I keep track of the full moon. The photo does not do it justice its a stunner. My only delicate watch, and JLC can be a bit of a depreciation bomb so this was a splurge.

Rolex - Datejust 41 - 126334
    ..Bought new from AD, this is fancy shiny watch. I hope to swap this for a Skydweller one day. Great looking watch, but I cannot seem to take a good photo of it. On a list...yadda yadda...

Cartier - Tank Solo - The wifes.
    This is the wifes so wears on and off with the Datejust. Its quartz so handy as she doesn't have to set it.

Seiko - Arnie Reissue - SNJ025P1
    I am a child of the 80's and this has member berries for me. Really cool. Workout watch.

Rolex - Submariner - 14060M
    Got this at a good price, super slick watch. Had a GMT Master 2 that I though wore a bit bulky for a Rolex. Not old enough to be vintage and with the newer movement, but old enough that I think I will do well on this in time. Like wearing it, sits on the wrist as a watch should.

Rolex - Daytona - 116409
    This was my grail watch. A solid white gold Daytona with the rare racing dial and red markers. Got for my 40th birthday. When I bought this second hand I was shitting it spending that much money. Turns out I did very well on it, but ETFing tens of thousands to a guy you dont know is scary. I love it. I wear it when I need a little confidence boost, or that feeling of wearing a F off watch. Never to be sold. Nearly 200 gramms of stealth awesome.

Raymond Weil - 5577 - Sentimental Value my parents got this for me for my 16th birthday. Smaller watches were in vogue back then.

Rolex - Datejust 31 - 178273 - The Wifes, her 40th birthday present. Its her one and done good watch.

I tend to trade and buy pieces on local forums, buy up the bargains and do it as a hobby, make a few quid here and there, lose a few quid the same, but I get to have a lot of different watches for not a lot of money. Hoping for some action on the TZ forums for sale section once I have proved my worth, you will have a better selection as the UK market is much bigger than the irish market. Ireland is small but we are a lot of watch nuts, and more than a few nutty watch nuts.

Craftsman
    I really like the save the ocean turtle. That dial variant is gorgeous. Wouldn't be a beater to me.

Lovely collection. The Seiko SE does it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgeme View Post
    As I self identify as a werewolf, its important I keep track of the full moon.
    You're gonna fit in well round here!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good to see you over here!

Daytona is the pick of the bunch no doubt!

Journeyman
    Great collection. What's next other than the Skydweller?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Nice collection from both ends of the spectrum

thanks Guys,

I think I will cull the collection a bit down to 6 pieces. Datejust out and Hulk in. Sub out and Day Date in? Serikos go. I have the Milgauss in service at the moment, and the wifes Datejust so its looking a little barren.

Down to 5 on the first team, and a few subs and the wifes.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgeme View Post
    Down to 5 on the first team, and a few subs and the wifes.

Missed this when you posted it. Just happened to go back a few pages looking for a different thread! Very nice!

Great pic! The AP and Daytona just stand out!

Coming On nicely, have done a fair bit of chopping and changing and bar the third team picks I dont think any duds or wrist time wasters.

First Team - AP ROyal Oak Chrono 41mm, Daytona 116509, Patek 5167r.
    Second Team - Rolex Sub, Rolex Sub date hulk, Rolex Batgirl, Rolex Kermit. JLC Reverso Grand Date.
    Thrid Team - Seiko SKX, Solas Starlight (Irish microbrand), Tag Aquaracer (sentimental)

https://i.ibb.co/By7f4J7/Screenshot-...-12-201114.png click for high res

Last edited by Fitzgeme; 12th August 2021 at 22:14.